Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Eh it looked like too much of a hassle for me to use in an area that has no 800 anyways lol.

If you roam, the EVDO roaming is NICE.  If not, definitely not worth the hassle.

It's actually not that bad.  I just really wanted it to get 3G roaming on the subway.  My phone gets all jammed up roaming on 1x and gets stuck when I get out of the subway and won't flip out of roaming because of the backlog of data stuck in queue.

I know the evo had issues with lte. Wasn't it's 3g side just as bad?

My Evo Lte on 3g was absolutely perfect, no complaints at all.  The issues mainly had to do with 4g.

• Like 1

And those of you that had older model phones noticed an improvement in the 3g side of your nexus or no?

I don't really know if this is considered an "improvement", but my Nexus 5 seems to hold onto fringe 3G signals better than my Galaxy S III. I would be consistently roaming in my cubicle at work with the GS3, but my N5 seems to hold onto Sprint a lot more. I only recall my phone roaming once in the last 2 weeks that I've had this phone. I still don't use data at work, though, as my speeds are still horrible there.

I know you have access to quite a few devices. What device have you found to work best for you or be your most favorite?

Of course we are all different and we all have different wants and needs and different tastes but for me personally I still prefer the One overall compared to the nexus but honestly if I had to chose just one device to walk with right now, it would be the n5 for sure but thats mainly because of its incredible lte performance. 

• Like 1

Of course we are all different and we all have different wants and needs and different tastes but for me personally I still prefer the One overall compared to the nexus but honestly if I had to chose just one device to walk with right now, it would be the n5 for sure but thats mainly because of its incredible lte performance.

I had the one for a week or so until my g2 came in and didn't like it. The button being up top ruined it for me.

Thanks for the honest answer though.

I had the one for a week or so until my g2 came in and didn't like it. The button being up top ruined it for me.

Thanks for the honest answer though.

Nope.  HTC gets it right.  The top is the proper placement for the power button.  Anywhere else is too easily confused with other button locations.

AJ

• Like 5

Nope.  HTC gets it right.  The top is the proper placement for the power button.  Anywhere else is too easily confused with other button locations.

AJ

I certainly agree with this.  I've had my Nexus for several days now and still keep mistaking the power button for one of the volume rockers lol. 

• Like 3

I certainly agree with this.  I've had my Nexus for several days now and still keep mistaking the power button for one of the volume rockers lol. 

You guys must have massive hands to love pressing the power button on the HTC One.

My opinion is that the GS3 had it right. If I hold my phone with my right hand, my thumb would rest right on the power button. If I held it with my left hand, I could easily find it with my index finger.

The Nexus 5 moved it up, so now I have to shift my hand up a bit. The HTC One was similar: I'd have to shift my whole hand up to press the power button up top.

The LG G2 has a better solution in the form of knock on. My sister has it, and it's a whole lot better than looking for a power button.

The only time I confuse the power button for the volume rockers is on the Nexus 7. Who's idea was it to put both the volume rockers and the power button on the same side in very close proximity to each other?

Nexus came in today and I decided to waste time trying to get a SIM card from a  corporate store.  I went to the only corporate store around and the guy said they didnt have any.  he didnt know why CS would send me there.  Granted he was obviously lying, couldnt even look at me as he spoke but what could i do really.

I took the bit longer way home and decided to humor myself and stop at a sprint affiliate store.  Told them the deal.  Told them what the corporate store said and he laughed and said it was a flat out lie.  They couldnt sell phones if they didnt have any.

But...the reason he knew it was a lie was because Sprint sent out a package of SIMs to address the nexus issue to all sprint stores, corporate or otherwise.  To my surprise, he came out with a stack of 5-10 SIMs and gave me one.  Whether that is true, who knows.  I got mine, from a non-corporate store no less, and will spend the night tonight playing with my new nexus.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has already been answered, but is there any specific reason the Nexus is so good at picking up LTE? I'm wondering if it's just a good amplifier or if it just happens to be optimized for 1900MHz.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You guys must have massive hands to love pressing the power button on the HTC One.

My opinion is that the GS3 had it right. If I hold my phone with my right hand, my thumb would rest right on the power button. If I held it with my left hand, I could easily find it with my index finger.

The Nexus 5 moved it up, so now I have to shift my hand up a bit. The HTC One was similar: I'd have to shift my whole hand up to press the power button up top.

The LG G2 has a better solution in the form of knock on. My sister has it, and it's a whole lot better than looking for a power button.

The only time I confuse the power button for the volume rockers is on the Nexus 7. Who's idea was it to put both the volume rockers and the power button on the same side in very close proximity to each other?

Actually I have small hands lol.

• Like 1

Not sure if this has already been answered, but is there any specific reason the Nexus is so good at picking up LTE? I'm wondering if it's just a good amplifier or if it just happens to be optimized for 1900MHz.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's an excellent question.  I'd like to know the answer to that as well.  I have the N5's brother the G2 and am soon going to order a Black 32 GB N5 (Got my SIM from Sprint today via UPS, thanks to you posting the correct SKU!).    Thanks!

is there a definitive PRL flashing method out yet?  One posted upthread seems to be what is used for the G2 and there is some differences between the phones.  Plus it keeps referencing diagnostic mode which doesnt appear.

is there a definitive PRL flashing method out yet?  One posted upthread seems to be what is used for the G2 and there is some differences between the phones.  Plus it keeps referencing diagnostic mode which doesnt appear.

Yep. See the sponsor prl thread.

Well, you know what they say about guys with really big hands, Beavis...

Yeah, yeah...they wear really big gloves.

AJ

• Like 3