Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I can to confirm that there is a significant delay with calling and texts. As I do not receive in a timely fashion nor at all the Google two step verification texts. I ended up switching to the authenticator app. Going to give the delay a little more time and see how to pans out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This happens to me and there is a thread started at Google by some one from Android Central, and XDA Forums. I also signed into that Google thread. It doesn't always happen but there is a bug thats all ovet the internet being reported.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!msg/nexus/jZUSj0BXCyE/UG3fABvh3e0J

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/hangouts/-9McJ7Npk2U

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2528602

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-5/332306-google-nexus-5-missed-calls-anyone-else.html

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Ordered Nov. 30th. Just got shipping notification today. Hopefully should have it by the end of the week.

I tried chatting with Sprint to get a SIM but they said I need to go to a Sprint store to get a SIM. I thought a couple of people in this thread got SIMs via Sprint chat?

Ordered Nov. 30th. Just got shipping notification today. Hopefully should have it by the end of the week.

I tried chatting with Sprint to get a SIM but they said I need to go to a Sprint store to get a SIM. I thought a couple of people in this thread got SIMs via Sprint chat?

FunkyChicken posted this SKU Number for the N5 SIM in another thread.  This is what you need.  I went through this myself with Sprint.  You need to get it from Sprint WorldWide Services.  I don't have the phone number here with me at work or I would post it for you. 

SKU: 760492013536 3FF

Have any of you checked your local sprint store for the sim? I know my personal store stocks the sim needed for the phone to work. I had a customer come in with an N5 looking to get it activated and the sim we used worked just fine.

I haven't had a chance to get out to my local store yet but going to go out there over my lunch hour today.

I got one from Sprint chat and the phone came in 1st so I wen to the store and got one.lol

Does anybody else have service problems when switching between LTE and 3g?  If I have a bar or less of LTE, and am in an area I get 2-3 bars of 3g every time I send a text my phone goes to "Searching For Service" for 30-45 seconds before reconnecting.  If I switch to 3g only, everything works.  What's the problem>

Does anybody else have service problems when switching between LTE and 3g?  If I have a bar or less of LTE, and am in an area I get 2-3 bars of 3g every time I send a text my phone goes to "Searching For Service" for 30-45 seconds before reconnecting.  If I switch to 3g only, everything works.  What's the problem>

Dropping to CDMA1X to send SMS is normal behavior.  Apparently, you have not been following the single radio e/CSFB discussion.  Start by reading Robert's article on The Wall.  Then, read the thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5001-breaking-band-tri-band-lte-ecsfb-issues-thread/

AJ

• Like 3

Dropping to CDMA1X to send SMS is normal behavior.  Apparently, you have not been following the single radio e/CSFB discussion.  Start by reading Robert's article on The Wall.  Then, read the thread.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5001-breaking-band-tri-band-lte-ecsfb-issues-thread/

AJ

I've read it, and  can connect to LTE perfectly fine.  When I'm close to the tower, everything works as supposed to, it's only when I have a fringe LTE signal that this occurs.  So would it still be a problem with the handoff?

I've read it, and  can connect to LTE perfectly fine.  When I'm close to the tower, everything works as supposed to, it's only when I have a fringe LTE signal that this occurs.  So would it still be a problem with the handoff?

Your handset has only one active radio path.  With a fringe LTE signal, it needs some time to sort out its connection.  Will it be LTE, eHRPD, or CDMA1X?  It has to test them sequentially, not simultaneously.

This is nothing unusual.  AT&T and T-Mobile users, for example, drop down to W-CDMA to make/receive calls.  In some cases, they will not reacquire LTE for several minutes.

AJ

• Like 1

Your handset has only one active radio path.  With a fringe LTE signal, it needs some time to sort out its connection.  Will it be LTE, eHRPD, or CDMA1X?  It has to test them sequentially, not simultaneously.

This is nothing unusual.  AT&T and T-Mobile users, for example, drop down to W-CDMA to make/receive calls.  In some cases, they will not reacquire LTE for several minutes.

AJ

Okay, I'll probably just switch to 3g until a tower closer to me gets upgraded, It's just frustrating losing signal for 45 seconds every 5 minutes.

Well this is getting old. Visited local sprint store and they say they don't have them. I'm not sure if the guy I was talking to even knew what a SIM was. Just called another store 45 min away and the guy said Sprint does not use SIM cards and that I can't activate my Nexus 5 because Sprint won't recognize the serial number.

I tried chat again and was referred to a number I am going to try here in a bit.

You need to go to or call a ready now repair store.

The one store in my town is listed as a repair store. I've already tried them and they said they couldn't help me.

Edit- got the link for the worldwide chat help and got one ordered.

http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

• Like 1

The one store in my town is listed as a repair store. I've already tried them and they said they couldn't help me.

Edit- got the link for the worldwide chat help and got one ordered.

http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Glad you got one ordered, dealing with some of these reps can be so frustrating at times.

• Like 1

Glad you got one ordered, dealing with some of these reps can be so frustrating at times.

I don't get it. Why other carriers are giving free SIMs like hot candy and Sprint is getting stingy about it ?

I don't get it. Why other carriers are giving free SIMs like hot candy and Sprint is getting stingy about it ?

Well when you got CS not knowing what a SIM is or saying Sprint doesn't use SIMs it probably would be hard to offer them. :)

Well this is getting old. Visited local sprint store and they say they don't have them. I'm not sure if the guy I was talking to even knew what a SIM was. Just called another store 45 min away and the guy said Sprint does not use SIM cards and that I can't activate my Nexus 5 because Sprint won't recognize the serial number.

I tried chat again and was referred to a number I am going to try here in a bit.

You must go to a corporate store and speak to a tech!

• Like 1

I walked into my local sprint store with nexus 5 still in box. Handed it to the rep and said hi, please activate this for me. They popped in a sim and a few minutes later I left with a working phone.

A few things that might help. Go to a real sprint store, not an authorized reseller. Also the sprint store by me is one of their repair centers. If nothing else start calling all the stores in your area.

• Like 2

I got a SIM heading my way after talking to the worldwide chat. I guess the Sprint store in my town is by wireless lifestyle. I would have to travel a hour away to get to a corporate one so I wasn't going to do that just for a SIM. Thanks everybody for the suggestions on this. Turns out I get my Nexus 5 tomorrow so I'm pumped.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

I got a SIM heading my way after talking to the worldwide chat.

I would not count on that. My order from Sprint Worldwide still has not been fulfilled after nearly a month.  Sprint has little interest in supply SIMs for off contract devices, and I can understand that.

I guess the Sprint store in my town is by wireless lifestyle.

It is a Wireless Lifestyle location, and I practically guarantee that it clearly says so on the front door. I am surprised that you were not aware of that.  Even Lawrence does not have a corporate Sprint store. Only VZW and AT&T have corporate stores in town. All others are authorized third parties.

AJ