Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Did you do anything special to get it to connect to Band-41?  I have it enabled on mine but don't seem to be having much luck.

Just made my band priorities 26 41 25 in that order. Went to airplane mode then came out and band 41 showed up.

Just made my band priorities 26 41 25 in that order. Went to airplane mode then came out and band 41 showed up.

Okay this may be a silly question, but I haven't seen an area where I could assign band priorities in any particular order.  I can enable, disable, and assign either a 0 or 1 value. 

You are on the N5, right?

Okay this may be a silly question, but I haven't seen an area where I could assign band priorities in any particular order.  I can enable, disable, and assign either a 0 or 1 value. 

Setting Band 26 and 41 to 1, 25 to 0 puts them in the right order. 

• Like 1

Okay I found it when I hit view instead of edit.... Just took a little bit looking to do the trick lol.  Although I am not sure how to edit them now lol.  I'm a mess today.

Just activated and rooted my n5. I must say I love this phone already the speaker isn't as bad as people say. I believe its being compared to the HTC one but taking that phone out the picture it seems to be on par with other android devices. Most importantly of all I'm getting a -101 LTE signal throughout my house when my EVO LTE would rarely connect.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Since I have been playing with it nonstop it's been hard to gauge the battery, but I did make it 15 hours yesterday before it died if that's any indication.  I think the battery isn't going to be an issue for me.

The speaker volume is fine by me as well.  Yeah both the rear speaker and headphone jack are quieter than the EVO, but the volume seems to be acceptable.  Haven't tested it in a loud area though.

The only real issue for me is that I need to have my phone on vibrate most of the time and this thing has the weakest vibration of any phone I've had.  Anyone else experience this or find a fix?  There don't seem to be anywhere to adjust this.

Well, you could root/install a custom recovery, install franco kernel, and set the vibration variable to 100 in his app, but I don't think there is an option on stock.

Might have to go that route.

It's easy and simple only problem I had was getting my PC to find the drivers automatically. I ended up downloading and manually installing the drivers other than that everything was smooth as silk.

It's easy and simple only problem I had was getting my PC to find the drivers automatically. I ended up downloading and manually installing the drivers other than that everything was smooth as silk.

I did want to try undervolting and underclocking.  Maybe when I have time over the weekend I will do it.

• Like 1

I did want to try undervolting and underclocking. Maybe when I have time over the weekend I will do it.

I'm going to run stock rooted for a week or two until I get a feel for the phone and learn more about kernels on nexus devices since my last three or four devices were HTC devices. I can't wait to go out tomorrow and see how this thing hangs on to LTE signal.

Does anyone here have a link on how to edit my band priorities by any chance?

I have been noticing something strange with data speeds compared to the G2. Although the N5 is showing a stronger signal in Signalcheck, the throughput is way worse. At a couple of sprint stores in the area (NW burbs of Chicago) the G2 I tested has been getting 3-5Mbs where our 2 N5s and the N5s on display were getting 200kbs on Speedtest going to the same servers. Also worth noting is that the N5s seemed to pause at times during the test which was a behavior that the G2s did not do. Same PRLs (did a PRL update anyway) and also tried updating the profiles. These tests were done from multiple locations over about 50 miles around the area with the same result. Any idea on the cause?

Were you able to hold on to the connection pretty well when moving around or going in to buildings? I would be curious to see if the Nexus 5 is also an RF beast with Band 41 like it is with 25.

I have been noticing something strange with data speeds compared to the G2. Although the N5 is showing a stronger signal in Signalcheck, the throughput is way worse. At a couple of sprint stores in the area (NW burbs of Chicago) the G2 I tested has been getting 3-5Mbs where our 2 N5s and the N5s on display were getting 200kbs on Speedtest going to the same servers. Also worth noting is that the N5s seemed to pause at times during the test which was a behavior that the G2s did not do. Same PRLs (did a PRL update anyway) and also tried updating the profiles. These tests were done from multiple locations over about 50 miles around the area with the same result. Any idea on the cause?

Well, I can tell you it's not related to the PRL. The PRL has nothing to do with LTE, other than enabling the LTE scan. If you're phone is scanning for LTE already, updating PRL's won't change anything.

• Like 2

Were you able to hold on to the connection pretty well when moving around or going in to buildings? I would be curious to see if the Nexus 5 is also an RF beast with Band 41 like it is with 25.

Didn't get a chance to test that... Sorry

I just got the MSL code for my phone to enable all the bands on my Nexus 5. Are there priorities with the bands that work better than others?

No.

Not yet anyway.

The most common suggested is either 25:0, 26:0, 41:1 or 25:0, 26:1, 41:1

In any case, I don't think it matters much as long as the bands are enabled, it doesn't seem to matter what the priorities are at. There appears to be more to it when connecting to b41, and b26 has only just starting.

• Like 1

Might have to go that route.

Just to tell you, if you install Franco.kernel, the vibration level is set to 100 by his kernel, and is 70 on stock. So you get a boost by just installing the kernel, no tweaking necessary.

EDIT: Oh, and this is my 42nd post :-D

• Like 2

Just to tell you, if you install Franco.kernel, the vibration level is set to 100 by his kernel, and is 70 on stock.

He must really enjoy the vibrational pleasure.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

I have posted before about how my phone would take 13 seconds most of the time before the first ring when making outgoing calls.  I have also confirmed this with 2 other Nexus 5 phones (could be all sprint/GV phones actually).  Anyways, it was driving me crazy tonight so I disabled the fully GV integration and the delay went away.  It now connects immediately on outgoing phone calls every time.  I re-enabled just the Voicemail GV integration which is all I really need.

I also did this on the other 2 Nexus 5 phones that I have and the problem disappeared on those as well.  I wish GV or Sprint would fix this as it is really a bummer it's not working properly.

I have posted before about how my phone would take 13 seconds most of the time before the first ring when making outgoing calls. I have also confirmed this with 2 other Nexus 5 phones (could be all sprint/GV phones actually). Anyways, it was driving me crazy tonight so I disabled the fully GV integration and the delay went away. It now connects immediately on outgoing phone calls every time. I re-enabled just the Voicemail GV integration which is all I really need.

I also did this on the other 2 Nexus 5 phones that I have and the problem disappeared on those as well. I wish GV or Sprint would fix this as it is really a bummer it's not working properly.

I can to confirm that there is a significant delay with calling and texts. As I do not receive in a timely fashion nor at all the Google two step verification texts. I ended up switching to the authenticator app. Going to give the delay a little more time and see how to pans out.

I can to confirm that there is a significant delay with calling and texts. As I do not receive in a timely fashion nor at all the Google two step verification texts. I ended up switching to the authenticator app. Going to give the delay a little more time and see how to pans out.

I don't really notice a delay in making calls, maybe I'm just used to it.

There is definitely no delay on texts. It used to be that I would hear the ding on my computer for an incoming text before I got it on my phone. Now, with the way the N5 works having texts come through on LTE, I get them near instantly. Well before I get the notice on my computer.

• Like 2

No.

Not yet anyway.

The most common suggested is either 25:0, 26:0, 41:1 or 25:0, 26:1, 41:1

In any case, I don't think it matters much as long as the bands are enabled, it doesn't seem to matter what the priorities are at. There appears to be more to it when connecting to b41, and b26 has only just starting.

If you hit update user profile ist sets all prioties to 1.