LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Will Boost and Virgin phones be able to make use of all of Sprint's spectrum?

I'm going to say: Eventually. But maybe not until late 2014 to 2015. Or they could lock the phones down so they can't scan for 800 LTE, 2500 LTE, or both. At this point, its a wait and see approach.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm going to say: Eventually. But maybe not until late 2014 to 2015. Or they could lock the phones down so they can't scan for 800 LTE, 2500 LTE, or both. At this point, its a wait and see approach.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Which spectrum are they currently getting their 4G from?

Edited by Calvin200

I just drove on 112th just a few blocks west of Sheridan in Westminster. It was band 41 for about ten seconds. Also I got band 41 on 104th and federal. I'm so glad I had Sensorly going. Not sure how quick they are on updating their maps. Very exciting news. I'm only wondering if I'm getting bang 41 cause they just turned it on and I just found how to enable band 41 on my lgg2 or its been on and I didn't have 41 enable? Any ways this is good news. The one tower by me is a clear wire nextel tower but that one did not give me the band 41. It was a tower roughly a mile away.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ditto ^ 

I sent out xmas tweets to the staff on twitter (at least the ones I know have a twitter account) but since I don't know any other member on twitter, I'll say it here instead.  :P

Mele Kalikimaka everyone. May you all get a chance to experience Sparks this upcoming year.

TS

• Like 6

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto ^

I sent out xmas tweets to the staff on twitter (at least the ones I know have a twitter account) but since I don't know any other member on twitter, I'll say it here instead. :P

Mele Kalikimaka everyone. May you all get a chance to experience Sparks this upcoming year.

TS

Merry Christmas to both of you!

And Merry Christmas to Everyone here!

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sometimes phones show the other bands while they pop over there to check for a second.Not sure if that could be what your seeing or not. Just thought I would throw that out.

Wish I had a N5 too, snipers got Santa before one showed up here.

Sometimes phones show the other bands while they pop over there to check for a second.Not sure if that could be what your seeing or not. Just thought I would throw that out.

Wish I had a N5 too, snipers got Santa before one showed up here.

no it's sitting on band 41 now that I'm connected to Wi-Fi. Any time I try use data through lte it disappears. Texts come through fine though
  • Like 1

Hi, I didn't know where to post, since I didn't want to start a new thread. I received LTE signal (signalcheck told me) but I didn't get LTE. This happened both in Northern Jersey and New York, on separate days. Is there something wrong with my phone?

It would be good if you elaborate on what you mean, so that we can help you further.

..In the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 5:

Go in to your phone app, and dial *#*#DEBUG#*#*
Enter 777468 for your lock code
Select LTE Engineering
Go down to RSRP. The number next to RSRP shown in dBm is your LTE signal strength.
The LTE Signal Strength Scale:

Now you have determined your actual LTE signal strength in dBms your device is receiving, you can use the following scale below to determine its strength:
Better than -88dBm RSRP is a strong signal
Between -89dBm and -96dBm is a very good signal
Between -97dBm and -105dBm is good
Between -106dBm and -112dBm is fair
Worse than -113dBm RSRP is poor
Feel free to link people to this thread for explanation. Hopefully, this will clear up some confusion out there!

NOTE: iPhones, LG Android devices and Triband LTE devices are not affected.  They do show LTE signal accurately.  Also, many Android 4.3 and later devices also show LTE signal strength accurately.  This thread will become obsolete soon as all Sprint devices in 2014 will be Triband and will display LTE signal strength correctly.

I'm confused. Which is it for the nexus 5? Do Nexus 5 owners need to do this or not? It lists the Nexus 5 but the Nexus 5 is also tri-band...

Anyone know?

I'm confused. Which is it for the nexus 5? Do Nexus 5 owners need to do this or not? It lists the Nexus 5 but the Nexus 5 is also tri-band...

Anyone know?

The bars show LTE signal but that doesn't mean you shouldn't use dbm instead.

Im starting to wonder if they are waiting for more tri-band devices to get out, so people don't go straight to abusing the higher speeds with unlimited data?

Could really have used some Spark at the Capital One Bowl today.  The single LTE carrier was unusable an hour before the game started lol.  The update for this Nexus won't come soon enough lol. 

When I go to tampa its so complete that I rarely drop below 10 mbps. Even on single band LTE

• Like 2

When I go to tampa its so complete that I rarely drop below 10 mbps. Even on single band LTE

Yeah Tampa is great and Orlando has been very good too.  However, get upwards of 70,000 people in a confined area and one carrier is bound to be under some strain.  

• Like 2

Hopefully Sprint will be working on a robust HetNet to compliment their new network to ensure the most complete and consistent service possible in all indoor/outdoor and major events.

• Like 1

Guest DigiClaws

Will Band 41 equipment be added on all existing Sprint towers or will some of them stay on already existing Clear towers? The reason I ask is because I picked up Band 41 on my wife's S4 mini near tower (32.807222, -97.172778). That tower has not had any new equipment (panels, etc.) added to it. However, there is an existing Clear tower (32.809796, -97.171973), according to clear.com, located across Highway 10.

Also, what about where Sprint and Clear shared the same tower (32.822956, -97.161305)? Will the Clear equipment stay on the tower, transition to TD-LTE, and have the backhaul upgraded? Or will the Clear equipment come down and the new equipment be added to the existing Sprint equipment?

Is there a map in the Sponsors section showing the Band 41 progress?