LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

This post needs further explanation.  What are you trying to show?

AJ

That sites looks like T-Mobile at the top and clearwire under it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh yes I forgot about t mobile there. But there is no t mobile signs or anything at the base anymore. There was not that long a ago. This site is at 10300 federal in federal heights. It's weird how I'm like less than a mile away from this site bit I connect to one that is over a mile away and my friends who has t mobile gets no service in my basement and not much of a signal outside. I was just trying to get knowledge on what exactly was what and who's on this tower by my house. Thanks for the response. Also is the Nextel equipment off this tower now?

Oh yes I forgot about t mobile there. But there is no t mobile signs or anything at the base anymore. There was not that long a ago. This site is at 10300 federal in federal heights. It's weird how I'm like less than a mile away from this site bit I connect to one that is over a mile away and my friends who has t mobile gets no service in my basement and not much of a signal outside. I was just trying to get knowledge on what exactly was what and who's on this tower by my house. Thanks for the response. Also is the Nextel equipment off this tower now?

I don't see any Nextel equipment in this picture unless it's below the two racks at the top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

HOLY SWEET JESUS THAT IS FAST :o

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

What exactly is band 41? Is that another term for sprint spark? And what streets in San Bernardino were you getting those insanely fast speeds? I live in Fontana and there is a tower about a mile away from me on cherry and I get 1-2 bars with 1-7mbps down and about 1up

What exactly is band 41? Is that another term for sprint spark? And what streets in San Bernardino were you getting those insanely fast speeds? I live in Fontana and there is a tower about a mile away from me on cherry and I get 1-2 bars with 1-7mbps down and about 1up

Me and you are probably using the same tower for our Lte needs lol! My job is located on Cherry and San bernardino ave

I'm also curious on where those speeds are coming from

I don't see any Nextel equipment in this picture unless it's below the two racks at the top.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

the bottom rack is cricket. but there is a sticker on the door that says nextel. if i remember correctly i believe it was right where cricket is. Not for sure.  I wonder why they would take the t mobile logo off. Also its owned by castlecrown now. Is there a way to view the towers on their sites? Same with american towers. I also there are two towers next to I25 freeway and about hundred yards a part but dont show on anntenna search. There not the normal branch looking towers its a mono poll. One tower si alone the other is connected to a building with the cabinets on roof, also there is cherry picker and a white trailer next to it.  Im just curious on whos they are.  Not sure you or anyone can help but worth a shot

Me and you are probably using the same tower for our Lte needs lol! My job is located on Cherry and San bernardino ave

I'm also curious on where those speeds are coming from

The tower that I get signal from is the one off of cherry and jurupa ave. (south Fontana) you are on the other side of the freeway looks like the tower off cherry and arrow, around that general area.

Looks like sprint adds six new markets to spark:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-adds-six-markets-initial-212000893.html

• Austin, Texas
  • Chicago
  • Dallas
  • Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
  • Fort Worth, Texas
  • Houston
  • Los Angeles
  • Miami
  • New York
  • San Antonio, Texas
  • Tampa, Fla.

That is the total markets now as released by sprint

• Like 2

Sprint really loves Texas.  ;)

Sprint messes with Texas.

AJ

• Like 4

I'm not seeing Band 41 quite yet in my neck of the woods. Then again, the Premiere Sponsor only map tells me that that's about par for the course at this point :(

Maybe I'll venture outdoors and see if any other ex-Clear sites are broadcasting TD-LTE now. My phone is configured to latch on when it sees it, as far as I can tell...

Texas seems to have the largest footprint of native Sprint coverage just by eyeing the map. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

To be fair, Texas has the largest footprint, period, of any state that has Sprint native coverage. So your comment follows naturally ;)

Seriously though, there are areas here where you won't get service on Verizon...not even roaming. But Sprint roams in those areas. Or maybe it doesn't, because there's no CDMA set up at all. AT&T is more or less everywhere, though as a voice network I can't stand their AMR-HR codec (Verizon is almost as bad in some areas). It's interesting though that Sprint may not have the fastest network everywhere (though in some areas they do), but they out-cover Verizon because they'll roam where Verizon won't. And their native coverage is pretty solid even without SMR.

• Like 3

LIES! Sprint's coverage map says I am in a Spark zone in Socal. Well, I can't get my N5 to connect to anything other than Band 25. Any tips for the Socal market and getting a N5 to connect?

Is this a serious post? Your Nexus 5 is not a Spark device -- not yet.

AJ

• Like 6

I'm almost entirely surrounded by B41 and have NEVER once for a second connected to B41 on Nexus 5.

I don't know if this will work for you but when I tried connecting to B41, I'd set my N5 to Global or LTE, update PRL and it would connect to B41.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Is this a serious post? Your Nexus 5 is not a Spark device -- not yet.

AJ

Wouldn't enabling the two LTE bands have the same effect? (well, minus the "spark" icon) Or is there more to it?

In Dallas, is there a way to see what areas in Dallas can expect to get benefit from this now? Sprint.com/coverage doesn't really say much about spark coverage

Wouldn't enabling the two LTE bands have the same effect? (well, minus the "spark" icon) Or is there more to it?

In Dallas, is there a way to see what areas in Dallas can expect to get benefit from this now? Sprint.com/coverage doesn't really say much about spark coverage

Look at the wimax coverage. As B41 is overlay is under Clearwire right now, I would bet that the towers for wimax are the most likely. Also in the Premier section, we have every clearwire tower and what phase (1 or 2) it is scheduled to be upgraded.  Just fyi

• Like 1