LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

I was in the car but I was able to get 20 down. Was out of range before the upload could process

I still don't understand why the inconsistent B41, if it is indeed something remote that has to be activated on the Device, why would it connect to any site at all. I am completely surrounded by Band 41, and at one point went to a verified place, (where I know the HTC One Max connects without issue) and no dice..stuck on 25.

I still don't understand why the inconsistent B41, if it is indeed something remote that has to be activated on the Device, why would it connect to any site at all. I am completely surrounded by Band 41, and at one point went to a verified place, (where I know the HTC One Max connects without issue) and no dice..stuck on 25.

Band priority? eCSFB issue maybe. Try setting it in LTE only,  if you connect to band 41 then it could be eCSFB issues with clearwire

Band priority? eCSFB issue maybe. Try setting it in LTE only,  if you connect to band 41 then it could be eCSFB issues with clearwire

I have tried every possible combination of LTE priority settings, and as far as I know, most of NYC does not suffer from the eCSFB issue, and again, the HTC One Max, connects flawlessly.

I have tried every possible combination of LTE priority settings, and as far as I know, most of NYC does not suffer from the eCSFB issue, and again, the HTC One Max, connects flawlessly.

Something that needs to be considered, is that there are current software problems with multiband LTE connectivity on the N5/G2. Hence the reason an update is needed before triband is enabled.

• Like 1

Could that just be the regular lte rollout perhaps? I feel so few spark phones out there wouldn't affect the avg that fast.

I doubt that the New York uptick is due to Spark so much as it is due to maturation of the Network Vision rollout and adoption of LTE capable devices.

June 2011 - December 2013:

1zdxf81.png

AJ

• Like 4

That could be the case as KC (Sprint home market) doesn't have triband/Spark network active yet but does show faster than ATT/VZW...

http://www.netindex.com/download/4,158/Kansas-City/?tab=1

But I couldn't find any other market that Sprint outperforms other carriers (yet).  Is a good indicator as Sprint completes markets, they should be in good shape.  800 LTE will also help avg in hard to reach areas.

• Like 1

There are many reasons why it may not work as expected. Perhaps the equipment isn't fully implemented. Perhaps a software update to the tower is needed. Perhaps the antenna isn't adjusted yet. Perhaps the power is turned down. Perhaps the phones need more than just the band's enabled. Whatever it may be, technically Sprint isn't expecting or saying that band 41 is ready for use in all of these locations that we have spotted it in. Until Sprint says it's ready, they don't expect customers to be connecting to it yet. There is no expectation on our part that it's ready for prime time yet.

• Like 1

You need to stop double, triple, quadruple cross posting these.  Pick one thread, and put them there.

AJ

• Like 1

Any indication when first 800LTE could show up?  A month, months or mid-year?  I would think that should be higher priority for Sprint.  Coverage is badly needed now. 2500 is good for capacity down the road but they direly need to improve coverage, especially indoors.  Surprised not to see 800LTE as higher priority.

Edited by TyrellCorpse
  • Like 1

Any indication when first 800LTE could show up?  A month, months or mid-year?  I would think that should be higher priority for Sprint.  Coverage is badly needed now. 2500 is good for capacity down the road but they direly need to improve coverage, especially indoors.  Surprised not to see 800LTE as higher priority.

The rumor that I've heard many times and many places is by the end of this year or December.  We don't know how it'll happen, either.  Perhaps Sprint will just flip the switch from home base and it'll go live everywhere that has 1x800SMR and appropriate backhaul in place?  Or perhaps it'll need tower by tower approval like 1900LTE and such has.

Someone please correct me if this is wrong.  I've kept tabs on these things loosely from many different threads and can't afford a premiere sponsorship level.

I figured it was the regular rollout. Its probably the difference between wimax and lte. They may only have 1/2 the bandwidth but also half the subs so sprint should hold decently against art and Verizon with their 10x10 markets. Besides the fact that they have 700. But just think 800 will also have another 5x5 and then another 20 mhz for td lte. Should take a lot to weight down the network when its finished because the load will be distributed on all 3. Besides just the 2 band vs has or att I've heard is in a even worse position.

Premiere forum has a deployment timeline.

Mind you, Sprint isn't exactly hitting the dates.