LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

Well he has a point, they always talking about the benefits of NV and how great it is but thats all they do, talk about something that is not there, the network is slow at least here in New Orleans it is, i rather turn off LTE on my iPhone and use 3G, half the time i have full bars of LTE and i cant even pull down a meg. and yes band 41 is supposed to fix that problem but thats not coming anytime soon and based on how fast they are deploying it it will take years, i do believe its a shitstorm and the Spanky network, no better word to describe it. Once Sprint deploys the network they been hyping about for the past years ill consider them as a carrier again. Their network works as wifi, you have to find the hotspots to get something done, and there are not many of them.

User results may vary depending on geography. My network experience has improved 100% in Raleigh since the NV rollout and they are not done yet.Justify Legeres remarks at your own peril. 

• Like 1

Looks like it's a display model, not sure I would want to sign in to anything on that just for a screen shot. 

Exactly!!!!

Didn't want to start doing anything to the phone that belong to the store, didn't think they were going to let me try it.

• Like 2

What do they mean when the say markets this time around? Example here in Ocala, Fl we are apart of the Jacksonville market. Does that mean when Jacksonville launches we will get band 41 or does this only apply to Jacksonville and maybe St Augustine? This is a protection area.

What do they mean when the say markets this time around? Example here in Ocala, Fl we are apart of the Jacksonville market. Does that mean when Jacksonville launches we will get band 41 or does this only apply to Jacksonville and maybe St Augustine? This is a protection area.

Who said what, exactly?

Robert

No one said anything i just need some clarification and some advil

There are two Band deployments.  The first is on old Clearwire WiMax sites.  They are underway now.  You can see the schedule in one of the Premier Sponsor threads.  They basically are upgrading the sites in order of how busy they are.  The second is adding Band 41 to Network Vision sites.

As far as NV Band 41 sites, they will be deployed in waves within a market.  Not on a market by market basis.  They will focus their efforts mostly on the Top 100 largest cities in the country.  They will likely deploy like they have with the WiMax sites being converted to LTE.  They will start with the highest use tonnage sites first, and work their way down.

So when they start adding Band 41 to Network Vision sites, they will start with the busiest ones first.  Then work their way down to less and less busy sites until they complete.  From the beginning until the end in 2 years or so, the amount of Band 41 sites will grow every quarter or so.

Robert

No one said anything I just need some clarification and some advil.

Advil?  Or Midol?

AJ

Okay. Thanks. At least now I know not to expect band 41 for the next year or so around here. Good thing Im moving to Tampa Feb 2015

There are two Band deployments. The first is on old Clearwire WiMax sites. They are underway now. You can see the schedule in one of the Premier Sponsor threads. They basically are upgrading the sites in order of how busy they are. The second is adding Band 41 to Network Vision sites.

As far as NV Band 41 sites, they will be deployed in waves within a market. Not on a market by market basis. They will focus their efforts mostly on the Top 100 largest cities in the country. They will likely deploy like they have with the WiMax sites being converted to LTE. They will start with the highest use tonnage sites first, and work their way down.

So when they start adding Band 41 to Network Vision sites, they will start with the busiest ones first. Then work their way down to less and less busy sites until they complete. From the beginning until the end in 2 years or so, the amount of Band 41 sites will grow every quarter or so.

Robert

Good thing Im moving to Tampa Feb 2015

Excellent.  There, you should be able to get some Tampax to go with your Midol.

:P

AJ

• Like 6

So, I've come to the conclusion that Ericsson markets won't let the Nexus 5 onto Band 41, at least with a Sprint SIM installed. Maybe it's the B41 equipment vendor that's at fault here, but when I put my T-Mobile SIM in my N5 and do a network scan (not allowed on the print SIM) I can see "CLEAR" as one of the networks. I also see 311-870 (Boost Mobile!?!) in Austin. I'll post screenshots later. But of course I can't connect while the T-Mobile SIM is in, and with the Sprint SIM in the phone it ignores the sites even in LTE only mode, with bands 26 and 41 enabled in ##DATA#, with zero signal on band 25 (there's a place in a parking lot near the office where this is the case) and perfect band 41 signal (I know where the site is and I'm a hundred or two yards away with nothing in between).

Point being, I can detect the presence of band 41 (and whatever the "Boost Mobile" MCC-MNC is; maybe new-NEXTEL? Or band 26?) with my Nexus 5, but not with my Sprint SIM installed. So I have to use my MiFi for that.

Speaking of the MiFi, it wasn't connecting to LTE for several days for no reason. Now it is. Which is good timing, because I want to catch some B41 or maybe B26 here in the West Palm Beach area.

• Like 1

So, I've come to the conclusion that Ericsson markets won't let the Nexus 5 onto Band 41, at least with a Sprint SIM installed. Maybe it's the B41 equipment vendor that's at fault here, but when I put my T-Mobile SIM in my N5 and do a network scan (not allowed on the print SIM) I can see "CLEAR" as one of the networks. I also see 311-870 (Boost Mobile!?!) in Austin. I'll post screenshots later. But of course I can't connect while the T-Mobile SIM is in, and with the Sprint SIM in the phone it ignores the sites even in LTE only mode, with bands 26 and 41 enabled in ##DATA#, with zero signal on band 25 (there's a place in a parking lot near the office where this is the case) and perfect band 41 signal (I know where the site is and I'm a hundred or two yards away with nothing in between).

Point being, I can detect the presence of band 41 (and whatever the "Boost Mobile" MCC-MNC is; maybe new-NEXTEL? Or band 26?) with my Nexus 5, but not with my Sprint SIM installed. So I have to use my MiFi for that.

Speaking of the MiFi, it wasn't connecting to LTE for several days for no reason. Now it is. Which is good timing, because I want to catch some B41 or maybe B26 here in the West Palm Beach area.

That's very interesting... I have the same experience in my Columbus network.  Have a co-located site with Clear and Sprint with the NV upgrades not done on the Sprint side, but the B41 confirmed to be working from the one member in our market that has a G2.  I haven't checked with a T-Mobile SIM, I might have to snag one of those.  Even with LTE only mode and restarting I cannot find the site.

Ian, you are doing a bit much in the way of cross posting on this subject. Can we keep this PLMN discussion primarily in one place? Otherwise, the info is going to get fragmented across numerous threads. You can even start a new thread if you wish.

Below is the expected pool of MCC-MNCs:

310-120 Sprintcom

311-490 Sprintcom

311-870 Sprintcom

311-880 Sprintcom

311-940 Clearwire

316-010 Nextel

AJ

• Like 1

So with that does that mean that places that are not in the top 100 will eventually get nv 41 deployment somewhat. Would you think that a city like louisville or nashville would get it in the first year also? My city has one wimax site so will my city get anything as far as band 41.

Have an interesting topic of conversation for this thread I am hoping we can discuss objectively. How much of an advantage, if any, is Sprint at with its spectrum position and its triband network?

Currently we are looking at one 5x5 800mhz carrier, one 5x5 1900mhz carrier, and one 20mhz TD-2600mhz carrier. As is it is my understanding that this provides a similar or equal level of capacity as the 20x20 AWS/PCS carriers that Verizon and T-Mobile are deploying. Now, there is an over abundant amount of TD-2600 spectrum but the the high frequency limits range and building penetration. With a dense network, as planned, urban areas will probably be very well off, but suburban and rural areas may have to rely on the two 5x5 carriers that fill the gaps. Of course this is going to be sufficient for awhile to come but at the rate data use is increasing eventually it may not suffice.

Sprints prized 800mhz carrier certainly gives it a huge edge over T-Mobile in rural areas. Hopefully, most traffic is used by the other bands to keep this as usable as possible for others slightly out of range for the PCS carrier.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Have an interesting topic of conversation for this thread I am hoping we can discuss objectively. How much of an advantage, if any, is Sprint at with its spectrum position and its triband network?

Currently we are looking at one 5x5 800mhz carrier, one 5x5 1900mhz carrier, and one 20mhz TD-2600mhz carrier. As is it is my understanding that this provides a similar or equal level of capacity as the 20x20 AWS/PCS carriers that Verizon and T-Mobile are deploying. Now, there is an over abundant amount of TD-2600 spectrum but the the high frequency limits range and building penetration. With a dense network, as planned, urban areas will probably be very well off, but suburban and rural areas may have to rely on the two 5x5 carriers that fill the gaps. Of course this is going to be sufficient for awhile to come but at the rate data use is increasing eventually it may not suffice.

Sprints prized 800mhz carrier certainly gives it a huge edge over T-Mobile in rural areas. Hopefully, most traffic is used by the other bands to keep this as usable as possible for others slightly out of range for the PCS carrier.

What do you guys think?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I don't think rural sites need more than two 5MHz carriers.  If they need more than that, they aren't rural.

Robert

• Like 5

Currently we are looking at one 5x5 800mhz carrier, one 5x5 1900mhz carrier, and one 20mhz TD-2600mhz carrier. As is it is my understanding that this provides a similar or equal level of capacity as the 20x20 AWS/PCS carriers that Verizon and T-Mobile are deploying.

We've got effective downlink capacity of 5 MHz (1900 MHz 5x5 FDD) + 5 MHz (800 MHz 5x5 FDD) + 12 MHz (3:2 20 MHz gives an "effective" 12 MHz of downlink) = 22 MHz. So, we're slightly better ;)

Verizon isn't deploying more than one 10MHz carrier in rural areas.  And they are not even filling up with more than double the customers.  I'm not concerned about Sprint's rural play with two 5MHz carriers as far as capacity.  One would probably be enough capacity for 90% of rural sites for many years.

Robert

• Like 1

Also, Sprint has the spectrum to add one or maybe two 1900 LTE 5x5 carriers in certain markets, and multiple 20 MHz 2500 LTE carriers in many markets.

...and multiple 20 MHz 2500 LTE carriers in many markets.

In most, if not all.  Three will be capable in most, too.  There will only be a very small handful that will struggle with less than 3 20MHz carriers.  There are some markets that may be able to support 5 or 6 20MHz TD-LTE carriers.

Robert

• Like 5

In most, if not all.  Three will be capable in most, too.  There will only be a very small handful that will struggle with less than 3 20MHz carriers.  There are some markets that may be able to support 5 or 6 20MHz TD-LTE carriers.

Robert

would this be something they would deploy from the start? Say in cities like boston, ny or wait and come back later?