LTE Plus / Enhanced LTE (was "Sprint Spark" - Official Name for the Tri-Band Network)

As I have observed, with a faster more reliable connection data usage goes up. Since Tulsa got LTE for most of the area, I've seen each of my family members data use roughly triple. My brother now uses around 9 gigs a month where he used to use 2-3. My dad's usage has skyrocketed from 300mb or less to 4-5 gigs (probably because he now trusts that streaming will work).

My point exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

As I have observed, with a faster more reliable connection data usage goes up. Since Tulsa got LTE for most of the area, I've seen each of my family members data use roughly triple. My brother now uses around 9 gigs a month where he used to use 2-3. My dad's usage has skyrocketed from 300mb or less to 4-5 gigs (probably because he now trusts that streaming will work).

And this is why some people say sprint should kick unlimited data lol.

Not this again.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh dont get me confused, I love unlimited and if sprint didn't have it I'd have to pay out the a** but Its the nature of the beast you give everyone access to unlimited people are going to use it. And people will see a slower network. Haha.

In most areas, Verizon is significantly faster and they have better coverage more places. Also, the majority of people are going to use less than 1.5 gigabytes.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I don't see how that is possible. I consider myself a moderate user but this last month school has been keeping me off my phone and I am around 3 gigs at 15 days in my cycle. I haven't netflix, very little pandora, and maybe 5 youtube videos top. The rest has been just browsing looking things up.

On a side note, When I worked at Sprint I saw some people go around 15 gigs a month. With B41 network congestion should be a thing of the past until Sprint has a significant increase in subscribers.

My billing period just started yesterday and I have, after 1 day used 80MB of data on 4G and 7MB on 3G. I hope that's a useful comparison. And it's not like I am on 4G 24/7. It's just that it's way easier for me to use tons of data while on 4G.

• Like 1

I use on average 5 gigs a month. But in some months it shoots up to 15 range just imagine the overage costs lol. But I stream Pandora in the car, and sometimes Netflix on lunch... lol

Question, how much faster do you think vz lte would have been bogged down with unlimited?

Question, how much faster do you think vz lte would have been bogged down with unlimited?

That is irrelevant, because there is still/already thousands of unlimited account left on verizon.

Just mentioning it. People in Chicago are complaining about congestion and low speeds in chicago ALREADY(on sprint). I would just left it open for thought not looking for a real answer. And plus dont their unlimited accounts get throttled?

Just mentioning it. People in Chicago are complaining about congestion and low speeds in chicago ALREADY(on sprint). I would just left it open for thought not looking for a real answer. And plus dont their unlimited accounts get throttled?

People seem to be less vocal about the slow down in Chicago now. I don't know if it has to do with Spark or if it is just something they did in the background.

I don't see how that is possible. I consider myself a moderate user but this last month school has been keeping me off my phone and I am around 3 gigs at 15 days in my cycle. I haven't netflix, very little pandora, and maybe 5 youtube videos top. The rest has been just browsing looking things up.

On a side note, When I worked at Sprint I saw some people go around 15 gigs a month. With B41 network congestion should be a thing of the past until Sprint has a significant increase in subscribers.

That is irrelevant, because there is still/already thousands of unlimited account left on verizon.

I have one. It's kind of nice. I have two phones (one VZ one Sprint) and average just above 2 gigs a month on each. I'd like to note that there is a ton of duplicated data, so if I had just the one, I wouldn't be just above 4 gigs. I'd consider myself a moderate user, but I rarely stream other than random YouTube\Vimeo\etc.

People seem to be less vocal about the slow down in Chicago now. I don't know if it has to do with Spark or if it is just something they did in the background.

I was in Chicago at the end of October and I enjoyed the speeds a lot. Even high up in the hotel is it was still good for being a weak signal. I can't imagine it already being congested.

I have one. It's kind of nice. I have two phones (one VZ one Sprint) and average just above 2 gigs a month on each. I'd like to note that there is a ton of duplicated data, so if I had just the one, I wouldn't be just above 4 gigs. I'd consider myself a moderate user, but I rarely stream other than random YouTube\Vimeo\etc.

Hmmm. I don't know what I could be doing then. Honestly, I check this website, school, and get several emails a day. Although, I have noticed the increase due to additional cites being 4g accepted.

The average user goes through a little over 700MB a month. So as long as the average stays reasonable Sprint won't have problems with keeping unlimited. 

Source: http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/08/01/how-much-smartphone-data-do-you-really-need/

Why does a user only use 700 MB per month? 

The answer would be different for different cell companies.

If the signal/speed isn't there, a user isn't going to use a byte or even a nibble.

• Like 2

How is this posible, he has an iPhone 5/5s so obviously not running on the Spark Network, how can he achieve 49mbs+ on regular LTE?

Not possible.  It is a fake or a glitch.

AJ

• Like 6

How is this posible, he has an iPhone 5/5s so obviously not running on the Spark Network, how can he achieve 49mbs+ on regular LTE?

An iPhone would never lie, neither would their owners. They are all very honest people, just like Canadians.

• Like 6

An iPhone would never lie, neither would their owners. They are all very honest people, just like Canadians.

I've gotten that same performance near sw 157ave and sw 85 st in Miami. I know this is where it was because my friend and I, both on iPhones, were stuck in a drive through line and couldn't believe How fast our phones were performing. It was about two weeks ago. Next time I'm over that way I'll test again and grab a screenshot.

So when the "spark" logo Spins.. What does that exactly mean?

you have an active data connection that is all you could be connected to Ben 41 25 or 26 it doesn't matter as long as its LTE

• Like 1

you have an active data connection that is all you could be connected to Ben 41 25 or 26 it doesn't matter as long as its LTE

Dang lol xD Oh well. I was hoping it was actually active only when phone connects to B25/41. But dang, my mother got my brother the S4 mini through best buy.. I told her it's pointless to get a new phone if it doesn't support sprints new network and the best buy guy said the same thing L0L! But it seems as his 1x is disabled until he makes a call? Which is weird to me. The mini also holds 4G in my brick apartment.. And my S3 doesn't.. I'm so jealous.