Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

It would be nice to connect to 1x800, just to see how it is. Must be a northern thing. True southerners must not believe in 1x800..

You could take a drive north on I 95. There was a bunch in Georgia I believe Brunswick and Savannah. I know hardeeville,sc has 800. It's just Florida is in Ericsson area at least Florida has great LTE. Ericsson has to be testing 800 does anyone know how we can force them to unlock the testing towers. Or are you guys going to have to wait 6-12 months until every tower has 800 on it and passed all their test.

I have the LG G2 right now.  I flashed the 513 PRL.  What I am noticing is that the 1x800 tower I get connected to according to the SignalCheck BSL feature is far out but its still within the LA area.  If I do a Reset Data Connection on SignalCheck I would find 1x800 and it would stay for like maybe 20-30 seconds and then it would switch back to 1xRTT.

Something has changed recently in Los Angeles, within the last maybe 3-4 weeks. I can no longer stay connected to 1x800 - it will connect for a few seconds with a really strong signal, and then default back to 1900. I'm not sure what's up. 

we just recently had 5 new towers go live with 800, i can connect to it just fine, either using the sprint PRL or digi's, but everytime i go to make a phone call it will dial while on 800 but as soon as the call is connected it punts me over to 1xRTT. this is with any kind of signal strength on 800, and usually the 1xRTT that it switches me over to is a worse signal strength. does this mean they are still working on something? testing it? other?

Something has changed recently in Los Angeles, within the last maybe 3-4 weeks. I can no longer stay connected to 1x800 - it will connect for a few seconds with a really strong signal, and then default back to 1900. I'm not sure what's up. 

This sounds like what I am seeing.  I wonder by the time the Sprint Spark update comes on the G2, if it will help with 1x800 CDMA connection along with enabling B26 and B41 LTE.

we just recently had 5 new towers go live with 800, i can connect to it just fine, either using the sprint PRL or digi's, but everytime i go to make a phone call it will dial while on 800 but as soon as the call is connected it punts me over to 1xRTT. this is with any kind of signal strength on 800, and usually the 1xRTT that it switches me over to is a worse signal strength. does this mean they are still working on something? testing it? other?

I think Sprint's strategy with 1x800 is to have phones try to "Park" on that frequency (to avoid roaming and save your battery) but shunt you over to 1XRTT/PCS when you are on a call (assuming you have acceptable signal on PCS). Triband phones will park on LTE carriers, instead of CDMA carriers, of course (while SVLTE phones are parked on both simultaneously). 

1x is a digital system, so having 5 bars instead of 2 bars isn't going to make your phone call any better, what IS important is being able to maintain a minimum signal level at all times. With digital you don't have a gradual degredation, you either have "enough", or not enough signal at any given moment in time.

I have noticed on my Nexus 5 that I'll be on regular 1x 1900 but when I receive a call it will jump to 1 X 800 and I only can confirm that by looking at signal check pro... But if I switch off LTE and I am just on 1x ev-do it won't show 1x800 at all...

This sounds like what I am seeing. I wonder by the time the Sprint Spark update comes on the G2, if it will help with 1x800 CDMA connection along with enabling B26 and B41 LTE.

Ok got a question didn't know where to post maybe someone can help. Wgats it mean when you pull your lte page up in service mode and at the bottom it has a readout of numbers for internet v4 at the top and numbers on the second set ota v4 and then numbers some site have numbers on both of them and some ddon't?

Ok got a question didn't know where to post maybe someone can help. Wgats it mean when you pull your lte page up in service mode and at the bottom it has a readout of numbers for internet v4 at the top and numbers on the second set ota v4 and then numbers some site have numbers on both of them and some ddon't?

You might want to clean up what you are asking for.  I am so confused. as to what you are trying to look for.

I have noticed on my Nexus 5 that I'll be on regular 1x 1900 but when I receive a call it will jump to 1 X 800 and I only can confirm that by looking at signal check pro... But if I switch off LTE and I am just on 1x ev-do it won't show 1x800 at all...

Good to see that the bronx is seeing lots of 1x800, I have a very similar experience, I tend to connect to 1x800 90% of the time where I am.

Good to see that the bronx is seeing lots of 1x800, I have a very similar experience, I tend to connect to 1x800 90% of the time where I am.

I want to emphasize I only connect when I receive a call not when I've called out myself... The signal strength is about 55 dbm when on 1x800 call and 73 when on reg 1x

I want to emphasize I only connect when I receive a call not when I've called out myself... The signal strength is about 55 dbm when on 1x800 call and 73 when on reg 1x

I basically connect to 800 more often than not, whether making or receiving a call.

Well I've also noticed I'm ALWAYS on 800 unless I leave the area which still makes it look like the setting are all the same around here. Its a rarity to see 1900

You could take a drive north on I 95. There was a bunch in Georgia I believe Brunswick and Savannah. I know hardeeville,sc has 800. It's just Florida is in Ericsson area at least Florida has great LTE. Ericsson has to be testing 800 does anyone know how we can force them to unlock the testing towers. Or are you guys going to have to wait 6-12 months until every tower has 800 on it and passed all their test.

I have never gotten 800 that I could tell when in or passing through Hardeeville nor at any location I have been in in Savannah (and I have looked a lot since it was the GA/SC coast's first 4G site a few months ago)... unless there is something new that I just haven't noticed yet.

It was 2 weeks ago I'm using 513 prl from the premier sponsor section. There were 4 other towers east of 95 I don't take screenshots 500+ miles from my home. Screenshots or it didn't happen right. I most likely won't be back that far south until March or April next year to take screenshots. The only reason I remember was because south of Charlotte NC it was alot of no 800 until after I was on 95 alittle bit had 800 til about 40 miles out of Florida. Maybe I can look through some cached files to see if I can find them.

• Like 1

It was 2 weeks ago I'm using 513 prl from the premier sponsor section. There were 4 other towers east of 95 I don't take screenshots 500+ miles from my home. Screenshots or it didn't happen right. I most likely won't be back that far south until March or April next year to take screenshots. The only reason I remember was because south of Charlotte NC it was alot of no 800 until after I was on 95 alittle bit had 800 til about 40 miles out of Florida. Maybe I can look through some cached files to see if I can find them.

Ahhhh, the 800 PRLs -- I can only attest to not having picked up 800 on a standard PRL.  Can't find any logs for Signalcheck like the ones you showed me (how do I access that).  Only evidence I have of NOT having connected to an 800 is not hearing that special 1x800 chime I set up (I have only picked up and used 800 so far on a trip to St. Louis when I was in eastern KY... that was cool)...

/data/data/com.blueline.signalcheck/databases/signalcheck_cache.db-journal I could only get jrummy's root browser to open it on my phone though. Remember those are the bsl cache shows all addresses I connected to not just 800. I have no reason to look at it other than 800 or lte that far away from home. I was just trying to help your hunt by showing the towers I connected to. The one in Pooler and 99 *** Hardeeville I believe were 800. Hopefully they will go public soon if they were in testing.

• Like 1

So, not sure if it has been asked or has been said, but do we know who else owns 800 MHz spectrum nationwide in the US, and if Sprint could possibly purchase some of that spectrum?

I know Southernlinc owns some 800 spectrum in the South-East that Sprint's owns in the rest of the country.  Consequently Sprint is a little short of sub-800 spectrum in areas* of that region.  I don't know if it would be an option for Sprint to purchase that spectrum or not. 

*Been described to me as parts of the panhandle, Georgia, and Alabama.

• Like 1