Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Add 487 and 526 to that list.

Thanks! I knew some new ones had recently popped up, but Tapatalk search wasn't behaving and I couldn't remember what they were.. fully expected a reply like that from someone wiser than myself :)

-Mike

Looks like you found a 1x800 site.  Notice the SID is 22XXX.

Yup, its at the college I attend. Now if my signal keeps jumping towers is that an issue with device or network? What I mean is I look at SignalCheck and it shows that I'm jumping from one tower to the next, and at one point it was more than four changes under 30 secs.It bounces between 4 towers at my house not sure everywhere else..... My GPS helps contribute to that. I dont understand how though.

How would I force my Note II to use 800 SMR data (and voice) and not EVDO in the HDR/1X menu?  There's Hybrid/CDMA/EVDO/EHRPD 1X, etc.  Just for testing, not going to leave it at that setting.

I know at least Robert has questioned if the Note II is really using 800 even though it seems like it is..  I'd like to test it out! (yes, I have another non-200x PRL flashed already)

How would I force my Note II to use 800 SMR data (and voice) and not EVDO in the HDR/1X menu?  There's Hybrid/CDMA/EVDO/EHRPD 1X, etc.  Just for testing, not going to leave it at that setting.

I know at least Robert has questioned if the Note II is really using 800 even though it seems like it is..  I'd like to test it out! (yes, I have another non-200x PRL flashed already)

Wait, what? What do you mean by "seems like"? I've personally confirmed through both experiential evidence and engineering screens that the Note II works just fine on 800 MHz CDMA - very well, in fact.
  • Like 1

Robert posted in the Note II forum:

"I have not been able to get my Note 2 EVER to be able to use SMR 800 successfully. The few times I thought it did, it actually shunted me over to CDMA 1900.

And I tried all three vendors. I couldn't get CDMA 800 to work on my Note 2 on Ericsson in New Mexico, Samsung in Colorado or Alcatel Lucent in Phoenix. It will park there on Channel 476 just fine, but all my outgoing texts and calls fail after 2 minutes of trying. And incoming calls never ring through. And incoming texts pile up and wait for me to get back on PCS. Unless I use Google Voice Text.

Watch your connections and make sure it is not shunting you to 1900 when you think you're using 800. If I wasn't watching closely, I would have thought I was staying on 800."

So that's why I want to test.  Maybe his phone is defective?  There were also a couple of other users who said while it worked, there were still problems.

So that's why I want to test.  Maybe his phone is defective?  There were also a couple of other users who said while it worked, there were still problems.

Go out, find your 1x800 site, and test it.  Is this enough proof?  From my Note2. Take note of the greenish colored status bar that indicates the active phone call.

PN93SMR.png

800SMR476.png

• Like 2

Is SouthernLINC's native coverage area being excluded from the 800mhz rollout?

I understand there may not be enough spectrum for LTE in this area but some 1x would be nice.  Building penetration is absolutely horrible in many buildings in downtown Birmingham and there are a ton of commonly traveled areas throughout Alabama that experience call drops from transferring back and forth to roaming.  I assume Atlanta is in much better shape than us do to the sheer number of towers but surely they have some issues with building penetration too.

A fear of mine.  It was originally stated here as certainly possible for Sprint to deploy LTE and 1xa in the 14Mhz of SMR they share with SoLinc.  I suppose its possible that the variance causes them to prioritize LTE for now.  Hmm. 

Over the weekend I was in the area of Mission Hills and Northridge to visit family members.

I was able to spot 3G 800 inside my uncle's house for the first time for a couple of seconds.

It was from a tower in Sylmar, CA approx 6 miles away.

• Like 1

Over the weekend I was in the area of Mission Hills and Northridge to visit family members.

I was able to spot 3G 800 inside my uncle's house for the first time for a couple of seconds.

It was from a tower in Sylmar, CA approx 6 miles away.

1x 800?

I followed the link but it didn't seem to reference 800 in the IBEZ zone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Considering all of San Diego County is in the IBEZ, the fact that the guy posted a screenshot of SignalCheck showing 800 is significant.

I followed the link but it didn't seem to reference 800 in the IBEZ zone

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I was confused too, because I didn't see anything either.. it looks like a weird Tapatalk bug. On my phone, Tapatalk sends you to a page of posts from mid-August.. on the full site, it directs you to the proper post.

This link appears to work, if you want to see that post: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2144-network-visionlte-san-diego-market/?p=222973

-Mike

Sorry if this has been answered but what delays 800 mhz from being broadcast at 3g acepted sites when they have NV antennas antennas installed

Technically nothing once 800 is accepted (E911, etc signoff), but in the real world, SMR->PCS and PCS->SMR handoffs are not working very well.  Sprint has said they are possible, but there are issues.  If you create an island of SMR, then users drop calls when leaving that island, it causes a bad customer experience.  I think I remember reading that SMR is going to be brought up in clusters now, like Samsung has been doing for all its 3G upgrades.

I see there are several 800MHz sites online about 20 miles from where I live.  I've been thinking about taking a shopping trip to the area covered by one of these sites.  Will my phone automatically switch to the 800MHz band or just keep sitting on the 1900MHz band?  If it keeps sitting on 1900, will making a VOICE call cause it to switch to 800?

(Actually, I just want to hear the cute notification tone from Signalcheck)   :P

I see there are several 800MHz sites online about 20 miles from where I live.  I've been thinking about taking a shopping trip to the area covered by one of these sites.  Will my phone automatically switch to the 800MHz band or just keep sitting on the 1900MHz band?  If it keeps sitting on 1900, will making a VOICE call cause it to switch to 800?

(Actually, I just want to hear the cute notification tone from Signalcheck)   :P

In my experience it will continue to stay on 1900 unless it loses the signal, either cause you go though an area where you lose signal, or because you put it in airplane mode. Once that happens it will use the PRL list to decide what channels to scan for first. Most newer Sprint phone will scan for Sprint 1x800 before Sprint 1x 1900, but 800 and 1900 have the same priority (once it finds either one it won't keep scanning for the other). Unlike when it's roaming and it will keep trying to find a native Sprint signal.

Airplane mode doesn't do it. Your phone "remembers" where it was and scans there first. Only way is prl update only way to make it start at the top of the prl list.

In my experience it will continue to stay on 1900 unless it loses the signal, either cause you go though an area where you lose signal, or because you put it in airplane mode. Once that happens it will use the PRL list to decide what channels to scan for first. Most newer Sprint phone will scan for Sprint 1x800 before Sprint 1x 1900, but 800 and 1900 have the same priority (once it finds either one it won't keep scanning for the other). Unlike when it's roaming and it will keep trying to find a native Sprint signal.

this is mostly correct, except doing airplane mode won't force your phone to scan for 1x800. there are 2 ways to get your phone on 1x800; 1) lose 1xRTT (1900) signal so your phone switches over to 1x800 2) do a PRL update, doing a PRL update will force the phone to rescan the PRL list and it will start with 1x800 first.

I see there are several 800MHz sites online about 20 miles from where I live. I've been thinking about taking a shopping trip to the area covered by one of these sites. Will my phone automatically switch to the 800MHz band or just keep sitting on the 1900MHz band? If it keeps sitting on 1900, will making a VOICE call cause it to switch to 800?

(Actually, I just want to hear the cute notification tone from Signalcheck) :P

Recently, my GS3 has been voluntarily moving from 1900 to 800 even when I don't do a forced PRL update and even when it's already on 1900 and even when I know 1900 is readily available. This is in northwest Chicagoland, where 800 SMR is now pretty much everywhere.