Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

At work my phone switches between 3g and 1x frequently. When all the towers in this area are completed with 800 LTE I should just have LTE correct?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

LTE from SMR/800 hasn't been spotted in the wild yet.  If you are in an area caught by the CSFB upgrade, you'll not see B25/PCS LTE until your sites are 3G upgraded.  You phone can't get CDMA data from the LTE side of the network, so it parks on 3G.  See the article on the wall.

• Like 1

LTE from SMR/800 hasn't been spotted in the wild yet. If you are in an area caught by the CSFB upgrade, you'll not see B25/PCS LTE until your sites are 3G upgraded. You phone can't get CDMA data from the LTE side of the network, so it parks on 3G. See the article on the wall.

I know, I'm asking about the future. My 1x connection will eventually turn into a LTE connection yes?

I know, I'm asking about the future. My 1x connection will eventually turn into a LTE connection yes?

Possibly, but expect to wait at least a couple of years.

• Like 1

Does anyone recall what Sprint's end of the year goals for the 800mhz rollout were?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4651-band-41td-lte-2600-deployment-status-as-of-932013/ At the end of the first post not sure but on-air must include testing sites. The 3 month number should be end of year. It's from September so I am sure there projections have changed by now.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4651-band-41td-lte-2600-deployment-status-as-of-932013/ At the end of the first post not sure but on-air must include testing sites. The 3 month number should be end of year. It's from September so I am sure there projections have changed by now.

Oh wow unless they are waiting to turn on thousands of 800mhz upgrades at once, they are no where close to that goal.  Thanks for the find.  I figured someone either knew off of the top of their head or knew where they had seen it before.

• Like 1

Oh wow unless they are waiting to turn on thousands of 800mhz upgrades at once, they are no where close to that goal.  Thanks for the find.  I figured someone either knew off of the top of their head or knew where they had seen it before.

Ericsson markets definitely aren't going to make that number.

• Like 2

AlcaLu is sitting on tons of sites that have 800Mhz not able to be used, but still there.

I very rarely find myself on anything but 800 these days, my ALU area has actually been well covered for several months. But there are only a couple of sites showing 800 accepted around here on Robert's maps (and neither is broadcasting 800, ha).. I am optimistic about the status of the 800 rollout in ALU markets based on what I have seen.

-Mike

• Like 1

From my travels I would guess about 10-15% broadcasting now on 800 on the east coast. To give you an idea of my travels. This month I have gone from Milwaukee Wisconsin to Hartford Connecticut. Last month I went down to Tampa,Fl and back home a couple times. I will be going near Atlanta before Thanksgiving.

I very rarely find myself on anything but 800 these days, my ALU area has actually been well covered for several months. But there are only a couple of sites showing 800 accepted around here on Robert's maps (and neither is broadcasting 800, ha).. I am optimistic about the status of the 800 rollout in ALU markets based on what I have seen.

-Mike

I need to talk with that SignalGetter guy.. What's his name... Uh.. JamesTruck.. Yeah that's it. Need to tell him that dern' program is stuck and doesn't show 1x800 anymore in my travels! ;)

I need to talk with that SignalGetter guy.. What's his name... Uh.. JamesTruck.. Yeah that's it. Need to tell him that dern' program is stuck and doesn't show 1x800 anymore in my travels! ;)

Ugh, I avoid talking to that guy, he has one of those crazy Bahstin accents! Ya can't undahstand anything he says.. what a loosah...

I doubt his program is stuck anyway. Probably user error.  :P

-Mike

• Like 1

Ugh, I avoid talking to that guy, he has one of those crazy Bahstin accents! Ya can't undahstand anything he says.. what a loosah...

I doubt his program is stuck anyway. Probably user error.  :P

-Mike

I figured it out... It was a contractor error :P

• Like 2

Anyone that flashed either Sponsor or Premier Sponsor PRL getting 1x800 CDMA to stick?  For me 1x800 keeps bouncing in and out that my 1x800 audio alerts on SignalCheck got annoying that I had to turn it off.

Anyone that flashed either Sponsor or Premier Sponsor PRL getting 1x800 CDMA to stick?  For me 1x800 keeps bouncing in and out that my 1x800 audio alerts on SignalCheck got annoying that I had to turn it off.

I think it has something to do with the test SIDs for 1x800 and the phone looking for EVDO.  I remember Digiblur explaining it but I cant find it right now.

I think it has something to do with the test SIDs for 1x800 and the phone looking for EVDO.  I remember Digiblur explaining it but I cant find it right now.

So if the 1x800 test SIDs of 22XXX can't find EVDO SIDs that are linked to the 1x800 test sids, it drops the connection?  I just want to know when Sprint plans to make 1x800 sites accessible for the masses to use on a consistent basis.

So if the 1x800 test SIDs of 22XXX can't find EVDO SIDs that are linked to the 1x800 test sids, it drops the connection?  I just want to know when Sprint plans to make 1x800 sites accessible for the masses to use on a consistent basis.

Close...  it shouldn't drop it though.  It does create an issue though when you connect to a SID that is not supposed to be in your area.  What happens is say the SID is for some other area like Puerto Rico.  It might have an EVDO scan of channel 400-600 associated with it.  If your area has EVDO on 75-200 then your device will never find EVDO and fall back to 1x if LTE is not around.  I've had a few people state they lost their EVDO when connected to these 1x800 test sites and this is exactly why.  It could be fixed of course but it does cause some other issues since your device is idling in the wrong GEO of the PRL so it's not worth it since it's a testing PRL anyways. 

What device are you seeing the 1x800 jumping back and forth?  I know when they had 1x800 unblocked here (Ericsson mkt) my Note2 and S3 would idle on it all day without any issues.

Close...  it shouldn't drop it though.  It does create an issue though when you connect to a SID that is not supposed to be in your area.  What happens is say the SID is for some other area like Puerto Rico.  It might have an EVDO scan of channel 400-600 associated with it.  If your area has EVDO on 75-200 then your device will never find EVDO and fall back to 1x if LTE is not around.  I've had a few people state they lost their EVDO when connected to these 1x800 test sites and this is exactly why.  It could be fixed of course but it does cause some other issues since your device is idling in the wrong GEO of the PRL so it's not worth it since it's a testing PRL anyways. 

What device are you seeing the 1x800 jumping back and forth?  I know when they had 1x800 unblocked here (Ericsson mkt) my Note2 and S3 would idle on it all day without any issues.

I have the LG G2 right now.  I flashed the 513 PRL.  What I am noticing is that the 1x800 tower I get connected to according to the SignalCheck BSL feature is far out but its still within the LA area.  If I do a Reset Data Connection on SignalCheck I would find 1x800 and it would stay for like maybe 20-30 seconds and then it would switch back to 1xRTT.

I see it sometimes on my Moto Photon Q.  EVDO seems to come and go when connected to 1x800.  Of course, that could just be the buggy radio in it.

I have the LG G2 right now. I flashed the 513 PRL. What I am noticing is that the 1x800 tower I get connected to according to the SignalCheck BSL feature is far out but its still within the LA area. If I do a Reset Data Connection on SignalCheck I would find 1x800 and it would stay for like maybe 20-30 seconds and then it would switch back to 1xRTT.

Are you forcing the device to 1x only or turning off LTE?

I wondered how this whole CFSB stuff was going to work with 1x800. Kinda throws the PRL out the window a bit. It's also my theory combined with Ericsson only running 1x and not 1xA on 800SMR is why they reversed their rollout.

Are you forcing the device to 1x only or turning off LTE?

I wondered how this whole CFSB stuff was going to work with 1x800. Kinda throws the PRL out the window a bit. It's also my theory combined with Ericsson only running 1x and not 1xA on 800SMR is why they reversed their rollout.

My phone is set to LTE/CDMA network mode but I don't have LTE in the area near my house so it doesn't interfere.  But I wonder if its because I am near the edge of the faux Mexican IBEZ zone where they stopped deploying 800 MHz CDMA/LTE.  I wonder if I went up towards the Pasadena area if I would get a more consistent 1x800 signal.