Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

That sucks. I want my iPhone only on 800 once the network goes live. I would think there is some kind of signal deterioration threshold that will make it switch. Not just a loss of 1900 completely. Otherwise, the 800 LTE network has almost zero use in a well blanketed area such as Chicago.

Uh, no.  You get CDMA1X 800 when you need it.  The same is true of LTE 800.  If the market is "well blanketed," why are you worried?  In that case, CDMA1X 1900 and LTE 1900 will be fine in nearly all circumstances.  Do you just want to see more signal bars for psychological reassurance?

AJ

• Like 2

Uh, no. You get CDMA1X 800 when you need it. The same is true of LTE 800. If the market is "well blanketed," why are you worried? In that case, CDMA1X 1900 and LTE 1900 will be fine in nearly all circumstances. Do you just want to see more signal bars for psychological reassurance?

AJ

Not exactly, 1900 is absolutely decimated in Chicago and I want a different band. That's all. If they can deliver speeds above 1mbps on 1900, cool. Then I wouldn't have a problem with pcs.

• Like 1

Not exactly, 1900 is absolutely decimated in Chicago and I want a different band. That's all. If they can deliver speeds above 1mbps on 1900, cool. Then I wouldn't have a problem with pcs.

Once sprint takes over the USCC pcs spectrum in feb 2014,i am sure sprint may think of deploying an additional 5x5 lte carrier at pcs. But then again it has the lte 2600 network up and running in different parts of chicago.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Once sprint takes over the USCC pcs spectrum in feb 2014,i am sure sprint may think of deploying an additional 5x5 lte carrier at pcs. But then again it has the lte 2600 network up and running in different parts of chicago.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

It goes beyond spectrum and capacity. Something happened literally overnight in this area and nobody knows what. Some kind of interference issue. Snr is through the floor here. I won't try to derail this thread too much. Check out the markets - Chicago thread for the complaints.

on 800 can we get the almost 2mb speeds that 3g advertises or are we stuck with only 1x speeds

On 1x 800 CDMA, there will be only 1X data speeds, yes. Once 800 LTE is rolled out, you'll be getting LTE speeds with a compatible handset.

on 800 can we get the almost 2mb speeds that 3g advertises or are we stuck with only 1x speeds

With the 800 MHz band, more voice and small amounts of 1x traffic will be offloaded from the PCS frequency, plus all the LTE traffic that gets offloaded onto the TDD network, so you may see higher EVDO speeds then. I often see 2+ Mbps in St Augustine/Jacksonville, so it is definitely possible with network vision.

Ok so, Signal Check Pro is saying 1x800 is it telling the truth? How would I know for sure. I have a Note 2 with 55015 prl. Mind you I changed from the 2006 prl and it did not have 1x800. I'm in Los Angeles, if that matters.....

how do you manually change your prl. I would love to give it a try

What phone do you have? If you have the Note II i can definitely point you in the exact area. Depending on what phone you can go to xda-developer forums for a few files, or program(s). I know XDA is not the best place but it is useful.

how do you manually change your prl. I would love to give it a try

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2091558&page=3

This is a link to some really detailed instructions on a specific example of why you would "need" to manually modify your PRL. Goto page 1 of that forum for the background and history.  I did the exact mod and had limited success, goto page 3 for my mod.

The more popular reason for PRL mods is to force your phone to roam when it probly shouldn't. These types of mods are not necessarily compatible with your terms of service thats tied to your contract. So do some reading before jumping into the PRL stuff.

On a related note, i've actually forced my PRL to blacklist a new SID/NID combination that was offering 800mhz service in boise. My phone always perfers this band but i cannot transmit anything on it, when i make a call sometimes it goes through but if I start talking it will drop the call. The note 3 seems to have a great receive antenna but not the best for transmit. After blacklisting the 800mhz NID my phone hooks correctly to the airave FEMTOCELL device so i'm happy again.

-peacep

Edited by peacepenguin

I just talked to a Sprint customer service rep and asked him about the 800MHz rollout in Dallas.  Here is what he told me:

Network Vision in Dallas area:

1.  3G upgrades are ~75% complete.

2.  4G LTE rollout is ~80% complete.

3.  800MHz rollout is about 20%

• Like 1

I just talked to a Sprint customer service rep and asked him about the 800MHz rollout in Dallas. Here is what he told me:

Network Vision in Dallas area:

1. 3G upgrades are ~75% complete.

2. 4G LTE rollout is ~80% complete.

3. 800MHz rollout is about 20%

I would almost bet he got those numbers from here. Lol

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

• Like 6

I would almost bet he got those numbers from here. Lol

Sent from my HTC ONE from Tapatalk 2

I'm surprised sprint hasn't embraced this site as a promoting force! I'm sure that they are aware it's here....lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The people talking massive minutes, aren't that likely to switch to VoLTE phones anyway.Personally I'm not a big believer in CDMA Forever in my own usage, but I'd say that getting legacy CDMA flip phone users to switch will be really hard. Henceforth Sprint saying that they won't shut down CDMA until 2021 or later.

Are there any Sprint flip phones with 1x800?

Kyocera phones such as the Dura XT. Sprint currently has on their website a certified pre-owned Samsung M400 that has it also.

Thanks. My mom doesn't want a smart phone and her current Sanyo is about to turn to dust. I'm looking for the best flip/dumbphone I can find her, preferably with 1x800.

Did Sanyo ever make such a phone? They seem to be better rf performers than Samsung. I have no idea how Kyoceras perform, though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Kyocera took over Sanyo's cell phone operations with...mixed results. That said, the Dura XT or Kona are probably the best flip phones with 1x800 that Sprint currently offers. Something new may or may not be coming soon. Flip phones are probably not a big priority at Sprint or any of the other major carriers currently. 

Kyocera phones such as the Dura XT. Sprint currently has on their website a certified pre-owned Samsung M400 that has it also.

According to the phone's spec, the Sanyo Taho has 1900 and 800 Mhz. I've personally used this as my work phone for almost 3 years now. It seems to work well for a flip phone. Sprint no longer sells it but you can probably still find it somewhere on the internet. It's a rugged phone and the battery lasts me at least a week between charges. 

According to the phone's spec, the Sanyo Taho has 1900 and 800 Mhz. I've personally used this as my work phone for almost 3 years now. It seems to work well for a flip phone. Sprint no longer sells it but you can probably still find it somewhere on the internet. It's a rugged phone and the battery lasts me at least a week between charges.

That was probably one of the last phones that had Sanyo branding, but Kyocera had taken over by then.

That phone has a 850MHz radio for roaming on VZW, USCC or whoever. It does NOT support Sprint's 1x800 network.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3049

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Guest DigiClaws

I'm curious as to why he/she thinks the 800MHz rollout is 20% complete. There are a dozen or so live 800MHz sites in the DFW area out of hundreds of sites. Pretty sure that CSR's aren't that reliable for information.

That was probably one of the last phones that had Sanyo branding, but Kyocera had taken over by then.

That phone has a 850MHz radio for roaming on VZW, USCC or whoever. It does NOT support Sprint's 1x800 network.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3049

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I checked on a different site and it said 800 but I forgot that's how 850 was referred to up until recently. I stand corrected. 

It's still a decent phone even though it only uses 1900 Mhz on Sprint. 

It does make sense now though why my GS3 pulls a better voice signal in fringe areas, since I have 1x800 in my area.