Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I searched this thread and did a quick forum search and couldn't find an answer.  Please provide a thread or post if I missed it.

Can anyone confirm that BC10/800Mhz is only available via network PRL updates to 2011+ devices?

This "Current Sprint PRLs" document seems to indicate that is the case.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AtNVEqz3vqzmdEdWMHg2S2lxcFVJb29BRnJHdlBzdFE&output=html

And if this is the case (which I really don't understand), is it possible that I could access 800Mhz via manually updating my PRL on my Samsung Epic 4G (2010 phone) and maybe even my moms old LG Rumor Touch (not critical, but also 2010)?

I'm a Ting customer but for some reason I am receiving a "Corporate Liable" PRL (61099) vs an MVNO PRL when I update over the network.  I'm wondering if the reason is because prior to porting my number I was with an AT&T business account.

I really really need to make an attempt at getting 800Mhz on my phone because I'm in a rural area and voice service is barely usable.  LTE is deployed in my area.  I really don't plan on updating my phone til VoLTE phones are available.  And if anyone can suggest which PRL I should seek out (MVNO, CL, or IL) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

If waiting until VoLTE you might be waiting awhile with sprint... and even longer with an MVNO.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

I'm a Ting customer but for some reason I am receiving a "Corporate Liable" PRL (61099) vs an MVNO PRL when I update over the network. I'm wondering if the reason is because prior to porting my number I was with an AT&T business account.

I really really need to make an attempt at getting 800Mhz on my phone because I'm in a rural area and voice service is barely usable. LTE is deployed in my area. I really don't plan on updating my phone til VoLTE phones are available. And if anyone can suggest which PRL I should seek out (MVNO, CL, or IL) I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

All Ting devices are provided CL PRLs because Ting is one of very few, if not the only, MVNOs to offer (non-data) roaming identical to what regular Sprint customers have, and IL PRLs are designated for non-corporate Sprint retail (rather than wholesale) customers. It doesn't have anything to do with your old AT&T account.

Frankly, there are more PRLs out there than is really necessary, but a PRL's classification in and of itself has no bearing on whether it includes the SIDs for CDMA 800.

You could try asking Ting to push a different PRL to your phone, or flash a 800-capable one yourself.

If your from North Carolina there are very few towers broadcasting 1x800 that you will be able to connect to using standard prl. There are alot of sites testing but there are to many holes in the service to turn them on for the public. The last time I went through was right before Thanksgiving so more towers might be up.

• Like 1

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Soooo, is this 1x800? From the looks of it, I'm connected to a tower from verrrryyy far away. Got this with 0 bars of Signal, which is very weird. I usually get 5 bars of Extended service where I'm at, but the recent prl update for iPhones has disabled roaming for whatever reason.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

6e3eqyve.jpgmy9a3y9a.jpgy2edy8u5.jpg

Soooo, is this 1x800? From the looks of it, I'm connected to a tower from verrrryyy far away. Got this with 0 bars of Signal, which is very weird. I usually get 5 bars of Extended service where I'm at, but the recent prl update for iPhones has disabled roaming for whatever reason.

I also just got this:

4aputyma.jpg

I don't have a clue how that happened haha

This is in Harrisburg, North Carolina at Hickory Ridge High School (Just in case you want to look and see what tower I might be connecting to or I'm pulling this off of)

I also just got this:

I don't have a clue how that happened haha

How what happened?  Please be more specific.

AJ

How what happened? Please be more specific.

AJ

I got a 1.3 download and a .6 upload on a -106 RSSI, which I'm unsure as to how it is possible for me to get that good of a speedtest with that kind of signal strength. I figured i wouldn't have even been able to connect.

I got a 1.3 download and a .6 upload on a -106 RSSI, which I'm unsure as to how it is possible for me to get that good of a speedtest with that kind of signal strength. I figured i wouldn't have even been able to connect.

That may have been your CDMA1X 800 RSSI from a distant site, not your eHRPD/EV-DO 1900 RSSI from a proximate site.

AJ

• Like 2

[

Sprint's 800 SMR is only on 1x, not EVDO so I think you're still roaming on Verizon EVDO. Here's the same screen from a Verizon phone in my market:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386873914.022702.jpg

I have no idea what the active set pilots means, but I think it's sheer coincidence that it's 476. Here it reads 428.

• Like 2

Sprint's 800 SMR is only on 1x, not EVDO so I think you're still roaming on Verizon EVDO. Here's the same screen from a Verizon phone in my market:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1386873914.022702.jpg

I have no idea what the active set pilots means, but I think it's sheer coincidence that it's 476. Here it reads 428.

Yep.  Excellent catch and diagnosis.

Looking back at Anthony's screenshots, I see carrier channel assignment 1019, which is Cellular 850 MHz.  It is not SMR 800 MHz.  So, that is roaming service.  And 476 is the PN offset, just coincidence, since PNs run 1-512.

AJ

Yep. Excellent catch and diagnosis.

Looking back at Anthony's screenshots, I see carrier channel assignment 1019, which is Cellular 850 MHz. It is not SMR 800 MHz. So, that is roaming service. And 476 is the PN offset, just coincidence, since PNs run 1-512.

AJ

And I believe he was on that broken PRL as well which didn't have any 800SMR scans in it at all.

• Like 1

Someone correct me if I am wrong but it looks like the CDMA 800 mass switch turn on just kicked in. Look at the latest market update thread. Even Ericsson markets saw some 800 love.

No you're right I also noticed this. On the 10th the Philadelphia Metro area had 53 cdma 800 upgrades. :D

• Like 1

Someone correct me if I am wrong but it looks like the CDMA 800 mass switch turn on just kicked in. Look at the latest market update thread. Even Ericsson markets saw some 800 love.

I saw that! Atlanta/Athens and Houston saw 34 & 55 respectively and a smattering of updates in Florida. Hopefully you're right about the mass switch on!

Which thread? Can you please send me the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/

• Like 1

Finally found a better map for the Mexican border.

map.jpg

Source: http://www.800ta.org/content/resources/reconfiguration_timetable.pdf

Hmmm.... This lists San Clemente as the place where the 800 zone ends in SoCal. Wouldn't that mean that most of OC is not in the IBEZ zone. That would be the best news I heard all year. Can anyone confirm?

Hmmm.... This lists San Clemente as the place where the 800 zone ends in SoCal. Wouldn't that mean that most of OC is not in the IBEZ zone. That would be the best news I heard all year. Can anyone confirm?

Orange County's problem is not the IBEZ.  Rather, 800 MHz rebanding is the issue.

AJ

Doesn't seem to be any 800 love here in the VA-DC-MD.

Something does seem to be happening in the area, because in the past week I have be getting Unusable 4G signal and Unusable 3G signal.

Sent from my RCT6378W2 using Tapatalk

I agree. A Sprint Care rep confirmed to me today that a number of sites in the New Orleans market have 800 MHz upgrades scheduled.

I agree. A Sprint Care rep confirmed to me today that a number of sites in the New Orleans market have 800 MHz upgrades scheduled.

Did they differ from the schedule dates I had on the sheet?  Those were from a couple months ago.

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that BC10/800Mhz is only available via network PRL updates to 2011+ devices?

This "Current Sprint PRLs" document seems to indicate that is the case.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AtNVEqz3vqzmdEdWMHg2S2lxcFVJb29BRnJHdlBzdFE&output=html

Ok I've found out more information.  Just in case anyone is wondering...

Even though many pre-2011 phones will state in their specs that they support 800Mhz, they do not support Band Class 10 800Mhz.  They only have the hardware to support Band Class 0 and this is only used when roaming.

• Like 1

Ok I've found out more information.  Just in case anyone is wondering...

Even though many pre-2011 phones will state in their specs that they support 800Mhz, they do not support Band Class 10 800Mhz.  They only have the hardware to support Band Class 0 and this is only used when roaming.

Yep, but almost every phone sold in 2011 or later supports BC10, with the exception of a few (Blackberry I think).