Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I hope that's the case over here. I had such a strong signal at home that I didn't even need to use wifi. Streaming HD was awesome.

I hope so too. My theory is that whichever tower I was connecting to was adjusted to the point that the signal was no longer reaching me and whatever signal I'm getting now is from another tower. Who really knows tho.

I hope that's the case over here. I had such a strong signal at home that I didn't even need to use wifi. Streaming HD was awesome.

Remember to offload. Whenever you are at home or work you should be on WiFi. It's people that constantly stream over LTE and 3G that slow down the network in the first place.

• Like 1

Remember to offload. Whenever you are at home or work you should be on WiFi. It's people that constantly stream over LTE and 3G that slow down the network in the first place.

I would wish Sprint would start advertising this, safe network practice should come with every new Sprint cellphone. Some would argue that's what they are paying for, while true you don't want a slow network.

--

Chris

I would wish Sprint would start advertising this, safe network practice should come with every new Sprint cellphone. Some would argue that's what they are paying for, while true you don't want a slow network.

--

Chris

I just don't want them to pull a Verizon and constantly have a WiFi notification in the Notification Bar.

I am not sure what you meant by that xD

--

Chris

On all of their newer Android phones, their is a notification that doesn't go away that can't be removed. It tells you when there is WiFi near by, even if you turn the radio off. Its quite annoying.

On all of their newer Android phones, their is a notification that doesn't go away that can't be removed. It tells you when there is WiFi near by, even if you turn the radio off. Its quite annoying.

Oh right I believe I have heard of this type tech idea. It is meant so that people always connect to Wi-Fi when available so this is on all new Verizon Android phones only?

--

Chris

Sprint has this too with the company they contracted to do the connection optimizer. I don't think it does the icon though.

That is the cool thing about root. You can change and remove just about anything you want with ease.

Sent from my little Note2

True, but at the same time they are paying for their service (on their phone) and should stream and use the network as they see fit without having to rely on wifi. Now if they are tethering all day and playing xbox live/psn while downloading torrents I will agree with you.

True, but at the same time they are paying for their service (on their phone) and should stream and use the network as they see fit without having to rely on wifi. Now if they are tethering all day and playing xbox live/psn while downloading torrents I will agree with you.

No one is saying you shouldn't stream on your phone, it just makes sense to realize that unlimited data is a privilege even when you are paying for it. When you stream constantly over your cellular network while you have WiFi, and then complain when you have slow speeds, that is just not right in my opinion.

Sprint has released 4G LTE in most of Rockland last week tuesday. Got up to 30Mbps download speeds. The bad news is though, When I went home around the corner of where I live, I lost my 4G signal. 2 mins away, I get 30Mbps, here I only get 3G even if I force my phone into 4G only mode. Sprint told me they are still working on the towers here. I sure am looking forward to that, as I got rid of my WiFi. :/

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing there.

Elmont is on the edge of the market. You may see some bleed-over LTE from Queens, but I doubt it will be very useful until the Long Island market starts to see sites go live with LTE. It will just depend on how they set up the sites in Queens whether a usable signal will bleed over into your area.

*GASP* looks like Sprint LTE has officially crossed over into Nassau County , looks like im gonna have LTE very very soon

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55jyn7qfs91c8gi/2013-02-04%2003.36.46.png

*GASP* looks like Sprint LTE has officially crossed over into Nassau County , looks like im gonna have LTE very very soon

https://www.dropbox....%2003.36.46.png

Probably bleeding over the edge. I wouldn't count on a strong signal for some time, as you're outside of the NYC market, and the Long Island market isn't currently seeing LTE activated. Probably at least a few more weeks before that starts to happen.