Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

awesome news!!! lets go Queens!!! this is like a race haha.

Yupp Sprint is definitely picking up on the LTE in Queen's . But theres definitely something wrong with the 3G towers near me , the download & upload speeds have gone back to old Sprint 3G speeds (0.15mbps down & 0.00mbps up) & the ping is between 500-700 its ridiculous idk whats going on , I think it might be the fog , i've noticed that when ever the weather is bad my service is too.

btw, Spoke to Tech support that is working on the towers that were affected by Sandy and they are telling me that they are just rebuilding them with NV and that they won't go live until early 2013. When pressed what early 2013 means, they said around March is when NYC will be launched. Let's hope this is correct. Can't wait for LTE in more places.

There are still a few towers that are 4G only.

That probably explains why I had less than stellar 3G speeds in Jamaica, pings were in the 100's though. I was near the dark purple LTE area on sensorly in between Hillside Ave & the Grand Central.

On that first day I reported LTE near Queens Hospital the speeds were quite nice, but for the last two days, even though it shows LTE on my Note 2 the speedtest were not impressive at all. Seems they are testing it still.

At my house, I only get 3g so far but I like the progress being reported. Go Sprint.

TS

Damn what happen to Brooklyn??? Looks like they left and went to Queens

Smh. I want my LTE!

If I remember correctly when I got my EVO on launch day, Wimax came in like 3-4 weeks after. Then it went away amd came back like a month later for good. Hopefully LTE follows the same path.

btw, Spoke to Tech support that is working on the towers that were affected by Sandy and they are telling me that they are just rebuilding them with NV and that they won't go live until early 2013. When pressed what early 2013 means, they said around March is when NYC will be launched. Let's hope this is correct. Can't wait for LTE in more places.

Yeah , I heard that rumor too of LTE for NYC being launched in March , if thats the case I hope that Long Island gets it too. Do you think i'd get it , I live on the border of Queens past the belt .

Yeah , I heard that rumor too of LTE for NYC being launched in March , if thats the case I hope that Long Island gets it too. Do you think i'd get it , I live on the border of Queens past the belt .

Long Island will not have LTE when NYC launches. Or at least, it will not launch with NYC. Long Island is a different market than NYC, it has just recently started. There are currently no LTE accepted sites in Long Island, and it will likely be a month or three before LTE is live in the Long Island market. The Long Island launch will probably come sometime late spring or early summer.

What area are you in in particular? Queens is the end of the NYC market. The Cross Island Parkway (That's what google calls it) is the border between the NYC Market and the Long Island market, with the exception of Little Neck, which is in the NYC market.

Long Island will not have LTE when NYC launches. Or at least, it will not launch with NYC. Long Island is a different market than NYC, it has just recently started. There are currently no LTE accepted sites in Long Island, and it will likely be a month or three before LTE is live in the Long Island market. The Long Island launch will probably come sometime late spring or early summer.

What area are you in in particular? Queens is the end of the NYC market. The Cross Island Parkway (That's what google calls it) is the border between the NYC Market and the Long Island market, with the exception of Little Neck, which is in the NYC market.

Im in Elmont , if I drive 10-20 The Cross Island Parkway is right there ill attach an image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt5sujizm3ncfrz/2013-01-31%2003.36.50.png

Im in Elmont , if I drive 10-20 The Cross Island Parkway is right there ill attach an image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt5sujizm3ncfrz/2013-01-31%2003.36.50.png

Nothing there.

Elmont is on the edge of the market. You may see some bleed-over LTE from Queens, but I doubt it will be very useful until the Long Island market starts to see sites go live with LTE. It will just depend on how they set up the sites in Queens whether a usable signal will bleed over into your area.

Nothing there.

Elmont is on the edge of the market. You may see some bleed-over LTE from Queens, but I doubt it will be very useful until the Long Island market starts to see sites go live with LTE. It will just depend on how they set up the sites in Queens whether a usable signal will bleed over into your area.

Awh , you said the summer right , well thats when I expected to have LTE in my area anyways , I really don't care cause I spend most of time in the City so ill have it or get a taste of it , still have something to look forward too . ????

Awh , you said the summer right , well thats when I expected to have LTE in my area anyways , I really don't care cause I spend most of time in the City so ill have it or get a taste of it , still have something to look forward too .

On the bright side, work has started in your market! That's more than some can say. And once Alcalu decides to start turning on LTE, they should have many sites already with upgraded 3G, which in and of itself will greatly improve the network, even without LTE.

On the bright side, work has started in your market! That's more than some can say. And once Alcalu decides to start turning on LTE, they should have many sites already with upgraded 3G, which in and of itself will greatly improve the network, even without LTE.

Yeah , some of the towers around me have already or seem like they've been upgrade , I notice the 3G speeds are much faster , & I see O less on my iPhone 5. I just can't wait to have LTE everywhere. I've noticed that Sprint is like turbo speeding the release of LTE , just last week they said 28 new markets to be released in the coming months & in a week they launched it , its awesome . Its likely that NYC & the Long Island Market will have LTE before the summer

i cant map i have iphone 5 but anyway i now have lte again in the bronx 233rd neried ave. i got a replacement iphone from apple and couldnt activate the phone, sprint told me lte would be activated today and i deactivated my old evo and activated my iphone and i now have lte from 233rd to 241st. 10 down 5 up. the sprint rep told me that barnes ave tower and 233rd tower and 1 in yonkers were lit today. and it is accurate

• Like 1

I go to the gym near astoria and I decided to take the route near this point but no sign of lte. I will keep an eye on it though.

I had to put my iphone on airplane mode like 5 times so it could connect cause I saw it once then it went away . Maybe they are still working on it