Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I Mapped some Lte from Fleetwood Station near the Metro North

udeqyvet.jpg

Very Spotty though from 10:24-10:32

4u3ujyhy.jpg

Will do more tomorrow morning

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

this is awesome..thats very near micro center..I'm at that place religously.

Looks like LTE in the NYC market is spreading i've noticed that on Sensorly I see a lot more purple covering areas of Brooklyn , Queens & Harlem. Sprint is definitely preparing to launch LTE in the market very soon. Im excited.

Finally, my 4G is back.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Was your 4G down as well? Mine has been missing for the past few days, and I'm located in the Morris Park area of the Bronx near Jacobi Hospital. Mine is still not back up....

i am very surprised that only two towers are up in queens and it covers approximately 5 mile radius from the tower according to sensorly. although the 1 bar zone is very weak signal, which is close to no reception, but still i am shocked i am being connected to 4g 5 miles away.

i am very surprised that only two towers are up in queens and it covers approximately 5 mile radius from the tower according to sensorly. although the 1 bar zone is very weak signal, which is close to no reception, but still i am shocked i am being connected to 4g 5 miles away.

Actually I am impressed too, 5 Miles is pretty amazing, At least in my opinion.

--

Chris

Was your 4G down as well? Mine has been missing for the past few days, and I'm located in the Morris Park area of the Bronx near Jacobi Hospital. Mine is still not back up....

yes it was down. I am now back on 3g but the speed is good.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I woke up this morning to find The LTE symbol on my phone. 2 bars of it but unusable. I did a speed test on 3G and results are impressive. Up until a few minutes later where they probably took it down to adjust it or something lol. I've tried airplane mode to reconnect but still slow speeds. This is nice :-)

post-9219-0-39620900-1359818036_thumb.jpg

Looks like the signal fades the further west you go..hopefully it makes it to cross county mall

I hope so too but it looks like its a 3g upgrade as well

a5y9aty6.jpg

Fastest I've gotten

gasehaqu.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I have had the same issue from Pelham Manor up to the Morris Park area in the Bronx. In December, I was getting some pretty nice LTE speeds and coverage (even indoors) on my Note 2 and then after Xmas, it was gone. There is some LTE in some parts of Bay Plaza but it's not very fast. Pelham Manor is now non-existent (I was able to compete with my Girlfriends Verizon LTE phone speed while it was up) and the last time I was in the Jacobi area about 2-3 weeks ago..the LTE was also gone. Again, in December it was fine in that area. Weird...

For those in the know: Is it normal for Sprint to turn off LTE towers that seem to be working fine??

I have had the same issue from Pelham Manor up to the Morris Park area in the Bronx. In December, I was getting some pretty nice LTE speeds and coverage (even indoors) on my Note 2 and then after Xmas, it was gone. There is some LTE in some parts of Bay Plaza but it's not very fast. Pelham Manor is now non-existent (I was able to compete with my Girlfriends Verizon LTE phone speed while it was up) and the last time I was in the Jacobi area about 2-3 weeks ago..the LTE was also gone. Again, in December it was fine in that area. Weird...

For those in the know: Is it normal for Sprint to turn off LTE towers that seem to be working fine??

I had lte for a good few weeks and then it went POOF. Came back about 2 months later but with a stronger signal.

I had lte for a good few weeks and then it went POOF. Came back about 2 months later but with a stronger signal.

I hope that's the case over here. I had such a strong signal at home that I didn't even need to use wifi. Streaming HD was awesome.

• Like 1