Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

did you guys find out how many towers are up in queens? I live in by the Roosevelt Ave 149th street Flushing and definitely the signals are coming from south of flushing. I get very weak 4g signal and its too slow to run speedtest inside my apartment now. if i run the speedtest up on the roof, i get 15mbps download and 5mbps up.

did you guys find out how many towers are up in queens? I live in by the Roosevelt Ave 149th street Flushing and definitely the signals are coming from south of flushing. I get very weak 4g signal and its too slow to run speedtest inside my apartment now. if i run the speedtest up on the roof, i get 15mbps download and 5mbps up.

According to sensorly, it seems like it's near grand central parkway. As I move away from grand central, the signal gets weak. i can't get any signal on the ground in flushing. So It's definitely far from Flushing. Even in Fresh Meadows, the signal is weak to none on the ground.

not sure either he has a GS III and I told to airplane mode maybe shutting it down and turning it back on. And nothing he was where the dark purple indicated strong LTE.

it seems like the lte is offline in coney island through bayparkway. wont connect to it no more.

Just a couple of towers at the moment, along Grand Central Parkway in central Queens. Coverage will get a lot better when more towers come on line. We're not sure when that will be right now.

I have a dropbox & im talkin about posting pictures to the website , it says I reached my global upload quota , im asking if it resets ?

Unfortunately, the limit for members doesn't allow for more than a handful of screenshots - I brought this up to Robert and he raised the limit for sponsors to hold a bit more. If the server is this pressed to hold images, it's a good idea to host them externally (imgur? dropbox works too)

Unfortunately, the limit for members doesn't allow for more than a handful of screenshots - I brought this up to Robert and he raised the limit for sponsors to hold a bit more. If the server is this pressed to hold images, it's a good idea to host them externally (imgur? dropbox works too)

Yeah thanks , I like Dropbox better anyways , ill just post the links to the pictures from now on.

The tower near me is consistantly giving me the speeds and pings of a Network Vision tower, but for some odd reason it never pops up in the sponsor map. Could that possibly be one of the few fast legacy towers that exist on the Sprint network?

The tower near me is consistantly giving me the speeds and pings of a Network Vision tower, but for some odd reason it never pops up in the sponsor map. Could that possibly be one of the few fast legacy towers that exist on the Sprint network?

You could be connected to a different tower that is NV tower. Just because there is a tower near you doesn't mean you always connect to it. Sometimes you can connect to towers further away. Also, some towers aren't 360 degrees according to Sprint CS. As in my case, I am 3 blocks from one tower but apparently they only face westward and I'm on the east side of it and aren't connecting to them.

I could be proven wrong though.

• Like 1

My lowest Tmo HSPA+ pings are 150-200ms. They are most often 200-500ms. Sometimes they are 900-1200ms. I once had a 16Mbps DL on Tmo with a 1000ms ping. That just blows your mind.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

That happens all the time here and sometimes that ping is over 1600. However its only usually at first and I bet the cause is the transition from UMTS to HSPA when data transfer begins after having been idle.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ive had LTE for a while at home in the bronx and it has been decent (5-10mb down 2-4mb up 35-60ping) but something happened a couple days ago..I woke up noticed my podcast downloaded alot faster than usual on LTE, did a speed test, i got 25mb down and 10mb up 25-45ping consistently for about an hour and more importantly my LTE signal strength went from -98 to -105dBm to -84 to -95dBm After that awesome upgrade i can no longer connect to LTE at home consistently, I toggle airplane mode I change roaming settings and when im lucky i will connect to LTE for a few minutes and its gone..Why would this be the case? testing? but why can i randomly be able to connect to it? and if its just too far -84 signal seems pretty strong too not be able to hold onto. Anybody wanna chime in and have ideas why this would be the case

You said it. They're testing. 4g is not launched yet so coverage comes and goes when they're messing about. Be glad you can get it and that you now know that you'll get excellent coverage when they're done with the towers near you. Think of getting LTE as a plus but don't expect reliable coverage yet.

I haven't had signal all day, currently I am getting 1 to 2 bars. I am not mad at all I am actually excited to see the outcome. I am not sure if this is due to network vision or not but hopefully it is and my 3G speeds increase.

--

Chris

I would be too. Anticipating something good when signal is suddenly disrupted. Could be a good sign.

• Like 1