Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Nothing special is happening because of NYC. Sorry to burst your bubble. As soon as the site is ready to be lit up, it is turned on. Sprint does not gain anything by turning on some but holding back others. They would rather let you test it before actual launch. And in reality all launch day consists of updating their maps and a press release. Some sites can be brought up from nothing to LTE in several weeks. Some will sit for months and months waiting on one piece of the puzzle.

Sent from my little Note2

I have a feeling a lot more towers are completed but not turned on until the market is launched. So the few that are made available are probably just to tease us. lol
most probably

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have a feeling a lot more towers are completed but not turned on until the market is launched. So the few that are made available are probably just to tease us. lol

most probably

Unless they are doing something different in New York, once a tower is completed, it is turned on and made public. Coverage the day before a "Launch" is not much different the day after a "Launch." Ask the people in Austin, or Boston. It's mostly a press release and Sprint acknowledging that there is enough coverage for it to be an official LTE market.

Nothing special is happening because of NYC. Sorry to burst your bubble. As soon as the site is ready to be lit up, it is turned on. Sprint does not gain anything by turning on some but holding back others. They would rather let you test it before actual launch. And in reality all launch day consists of updating their maps and a press release. Some sites can be brought up from nothing to LTE in several weeks. Some will sit for months and months waiting on one piece of the puzzle.

I understand that what I'm saying is most likely not true but at the same time, we can't say for certain that there won't be any outliers as Network Vision is not complete.

• Like 1

I understand that what I'm saying is most likely not true but at the same time, we can't say for certain that there won't be any outliers as Network Vision is not complete.

The outliers are the towers that sit for months waiting to be complete due to lack of backhaul or some other component. I think we can be certain that NYC won't get any sort of special treatment over other markets. In fact, I think it's pretty obvious that NYC isn't getting any special treatment, otherwise it would probably be a bit further along than it is now.

• Like 2

Sprint has released 4G LTE in most of Rockland last week tuesday. Got up to 30Mbps download speeds. The bad news is though, When I went home around the corner of where I live, I lost my 4G signal. 2 mins away, I get 30Mbps, here I only get 3G even if I force my phone into 4G only mode. Sprint told me they are still working on the towers here. I sure am looking forward to that, as I got rid of my WiFi. :/

Are you sure that most of Rockland have LTE? Why is it not on Sensorly? Only a fraction of Rockland is on Sensorly.

I understand that but Sprint needs to hurry up d.a. there moving mad slow.

They're trying to get it done as fast as they can. Trust me when I tell you, NV is top of mind for my company.

Are you sure that most of Rockland have LTE? Why is it not on Sensorly? Only a fraction of Rockland is on Sensorly.

Too many iphone users probably that haven't upgraded to Android yet.

• Like 1

No, Orange County, but I am often in Rockland County, (i'm glad to hear that LTE reached Rockland County, i'm just waiting it should reach Orange County, no work here as of today).
so yea. I've picked up blazing fast LTE where you come into Rockland through the freeway on RT. 59. And I was driving down the 59 towards RCC (which is on RT. 59) but I lost my 4G signal (got up to 30Mbps down) at RT. 59 corner Remson Rd. I dont get 4G at all over here where im at.

The outliers are the towers that sit for months waiting to be complete due to lack of backhaul or some other component. I think we can be certain that NYC won't get any sort of special treatment over other markets. In fact, I think it's pretty obvious that NYC isn't getting any special treatment, otherwise it would probably be a bit further along than it is now.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I sense some hate from the westerners lol! im sure the dense complexity of NYC is not making it easy for sprint, or any other carrier for that matter! Its not easy even for a cable company to throw wires around commercial buildings let alone other equipment that doesn't necessarily benefit the renters/owners in the location.

I sense some hate from the westerners lol! im sure the dense complexity of NYC is not making it easy for sprint, or any other carrier for that matter! Its not easy even for a cable company to throw wires around commercial buildings let alone other equipment that doesn't necessarily benefit the renters/owners in the location.

No hate, just setting a few people straight that need to poke their head out of the cave every once in a while.

• Like 1

See thats the thing I don't like the whole teaser thing yeah it gets me excited when I get LTE for that moment but once im out of the zone its back to the old 3G service & it sucks knowing I have a 4G LTE capable phone & I can't access that side of the network YET.

• Like 1

See thats the thing I don't like the whole teaser thing yeah it gets me excited when I get LTE for that moment but once im out of the zone its back to the old 3G service & it sucks knowing I have a 4G LTE capable phone & I can't access that side of the network YET.

There are many people that share your pain there. I lived in Kansas City up until October, and had awesome LTE coverage, then I moved to Springfield, MO. 3G crawls along, sometimes can't even check my email. But I'm optimistic because I know changes are coming. It's just going to take longer than we'd like in some cases.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

There are no towers that are completed and are not turned on. That's complete and utter lies. Sprint towers are live and up as they are finished. They do not have them blocked until they launch the market like ATT or VZ. If the towers are finished then they'll be turned on. If it's still being worked on then it'll be on and off. If it's finished then it'll stay on. It's as simple as that.

Is there no set time when these guys are working!?! its 1:30AM...all of a sudden BAM! i just got 4G again...its been 3days with no LTE. Would they remotely disable or enable a site? Or could they actually be working on a site this late @ nite!

There are no towers that are completed and are not turned on. That's complete and utter lies. Sprint towers are live and up as they are finished. They do not have them blocked until they launch the market like ATT or VZ. If the towers are finished then they'll be turned on. If it's still being worked on then it'll be on and off. If it's finished then it'll stay on. It's as simple as that.

That's only half true. On Sensorly there is a purple glitch on Coney Island yet there was a report that there was no more 4G after a couple of days.

I have a strong LTE signal for the 1st time going across the F line starting from ave P in Brooklyn going towards manhatten. Lost it at Ave I.

You might have to update your device list because it says that you have an iPhone 4S.

That's only half true. On Sensorly there is a purple glitch on Coney Island yet there was a report that there was no more 4G after a couple of days.

Things turn on and turn off as they need to adjust/work on things. You also have polluters, most likely GNex devices, that add to this confusion as well.

• Like 1