Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Probably bleeding over the edge. I wouldn't count on a strong signal for some time, as you're outside of the NYC market, and the Long Island market isn't currently seeing LTE activated. Probably at least a few more weeks before that starts to happen.

I read some where that the NYC & Long Island counts as one Market & im going with that . I don't think bleed over bc the tower closest to me has been acting weird like its being tested on , so im probably gonna be able to access tester LTE sometime around this month.

I would wish Sprint would start advertising this, safe network practice should come with every new Sprint cellphone. Some would argue that's what they are paying for, while true you don't want a slow network.

--

Chris

That's why they have the Sprint Connections Optimizer available preinstalled on Android phones.

I read some where that the NYC & Long Island counts as one Market & im going with that . I don't think bleed over bc the tower closest to me has been acting weird like its being tested on , so im probably gonna be able to access tester LTE sometime around this month.

The fact of the matter though, is that they are two seperate markets. If you were a sponsor, you'd see that it's clearly defined that Long Island is not part of the New York market.

Sprint has NYC and Long Island as two separate markets. Long Island is 6-9 months behind NYC deployment. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/156-nationwide-sprint-market-map-medium/

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Sprint has NYC and Long Island as two separate markets. Long Island is 6-9 months behind NYC deployment. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/gallery/image/156-nationwide-sprint-market-map-medium/

Oh well , im directly near the end of Queens like im on the borderline , so my town Elmont will probably get LTE around the time Queens does hopefully. I don't understand why Sprint has NYC & Long Island marked as 2 different Markets I mean its still NY State, it should be one Market.

Oh well , im directly near the end of Queens like im on the borderline , so my town Elmont will probably get LTE around the time Queens does hopefully. I don't understand why Sprint has NYC & Long Island marked as 2 different Markets I mean its still NY State, it should be one Market.

The State of New York is much too large for one market. NY has six markets, statewide. And NYC market is already the largest in the country, with the most sites.

• Like 1

The State of New York is much too large for one market. NY has six markets, statewide. And NYC market is already the largest in the country, with the most sites.

Just learned something today thank you for the lesson . Im still hoping for a summer release of LTE in my town idc bout the rest of L.I lol .

Edited by IsaiahL

I noticed LTE in ridgewood there's also LTE in east Elmhurst where I picked it up . Someone should go map it

I mapped some on sensorly at Metropolitan ave while shopping at BJs. The speeds in the parking lot were around 10 down and 6 up.

I see someone has been mapping Rikers island :rofl: . Maybe the signal is making it all the way to east emhurst :D

I cant wait for LTE my 3G has been disappointing as of today , & my phone keeps flip flopping from 3G to 2G & then the 2G is working better than 3G IDK if that makes sense but its what im getting weird huh ,

• Like 1

I cant wait for LTE my 3G has been disappointing as of today , & my phone keeps flip flopping from 3G to 2G & then the 2G is working better than 3G IDK if that makes sense but its what im getting weird huh ,

I wouldn't call it wierd, that actually sums up the service I've been getting in my area for about a year now.

Honestly, the toughest part about getting NV going in our area is building permits and access. Once that is all in place, you need to get a crane there to get a crew up to install panels and radio heads.

So much goes into getting a site online, it's very complex.

• Like 1

Honestly, the toughest part about getting NV going in our area is building permits and access. Once that is all in place, you need to get a crane there to get a crew up to install panels and radio heads.

So much goes into getting a site online, it's very complex.

I understand that but Sprint needs to hurry up d.a. there moving mad slow.

I would disagree with you on that, but its your opinion and we all have one. Keep in mind that your area can go from no LTE to LTE in matters of months.

--

Chris

Keyword MONTHS , I wish it was weeks lml , but I guess i'll just have to wait , I wonder if its gonna be like this when 5G comes out Lol jumping a couple years into the future.

Keyword MONTHS , I wish it was weeks lml , but I guess i'll just have to wait , I wonder if its gonna be like this when 5G comes out Lol jumping a couple years into the future.

LOL I know man we all want it fast, but it will. Well whenever the next wireless technology comes it will be implemented much quicker and faster than LTE for Sprint. Sprint is redoing all there towers getting new back haul and new tech. Basically its a BRAND new network. So once the new tech is announce all Sprint has to do is upgrade their network rather then replace it all like what they are doing now.

--

Chris

• Like 1

Have you read the article on the wall that Robert posted not long ago? Really helps to highlight how many moving parts there are with this project, and how hard it is to get everything to line up.

Verizon and AT&T both spent MONTHS rolling out their 4G networks in each locality. The difference is, you didn't know they were working on it. Then one day out of the blue, Verizon/AT&T say, oh by the way, 4G LTE is in your area now! And suddenly people can connect.

Sprint is allowing connections as each tower is completed, instead of waiting until the whole region is complete to turn it on. This gives the impression that Sprint is moving very slow because one week, LTE shows up on these few blocks, next week LTE shows up a few blocks away, but it's not everywhere. Reality is, Sprint is rebuilding the entire network in just over two years, which is incredibly fast for the amount of work that entails.

• Like 2

I have a feeling a lot more towers are completed but not turned on until the market is launched. So the few that are made available are probably just to tease us. lol

Unless they are doing something different in New York, once a tower is completed, it is turned on and made public. Coverage the day before a "Launch" is not much different the day after a "Launch." Ask the people in Austin, or Boston. It's mostly a press release and Sprint acknowledging that there is enough coverage for it to be an official LTE market.

• Like 1

Unless they are doing something different in New York, once a tower is completed, it is turned on and made public. Coverage the day before a "Launch" is not much different the day after a "Launch." Ask the people in Austin, or Boston. It's mostly a press release and Sprint acknowledging that there is enough coverage for it to be an official LTE market.

You never know.... NYC is a special place....

As far as I know, people have reported a few towers in Brooklyn and then suddenly the tower isn't on. Probably gearing up for that NYC announcement.

That's the nature of testing and the rollout. Towers are up for some time, sometimes go back down for testing or further maintenance. When a tower is complete, it will be turned on. There is no holding back a bunch of towers until they make the announcement and turning them all on at once. That's not how Sprint is doing it. That's been stated many times before, even by Sprint.