Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I know! Kind of reminds me how those T-Mobile Faux-G users post their screenshots of 17Mbps speedtests with pings in the high thousands.

Its funny that you mention that, my buddy just recently got a Nexus 4 on Tmobile, and he gets decent speeds (5mb-15mbsec) but his pings are 150ms+, and a side by side comparison indoors i saw between 5mb-10mbsec but my pings were 35-60ms and the difference was clear browsing and streaming etc..Also on a side note, outdoors around my place i get between 15-35mb sec, his levels out around 15-20mb sec with about the same pings mentioned above.

My friend went to Coney Island and he wasn't able to connect to the LTE he's had a GS III any idea what's going on?

Ive seen a couple of occasions that people have LTE disabled in the settings, also tell them to try and cycle airplane mode on and off to refresh the radio while at a confirmed LTE location (hopefully the tower is still enabled)

Ive seen a couple of occasions that people have LTE disabled in the settings, also tell them to try and cycle airplane mode on and off to refresh the radio while at a confirmed LTE location (hopefully the tower is still enabled)

he did that and he has it on LTE mode

Its funny that you mention that, my buddy just recently got a Nexus 4 on Tmobile, and he gets decent speeds (5mb-15mbsec) but his pings are 150ms+, and a side by side comparison indoors i saw between 5mb-10mbsec but my pings were 35-60ms and the difference was clear browsing and streaming etc..Also on a side note, outdoors around my place i get between 15-35mb sec, his levels out around 15-20mb sec with about the same pings mentioned above.

My lowest Tmo HSPA+ pings are 150-200ms. They are most often 200-500ms. Sometimes they are 900-1200ms. I once had a 16Mbps DL on Tmo with a 1000ms ping. That just blows your mind.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

My lowest Tmo HSPA+ pings are 150-200ms. They are most often 200-500ms. Sometimes they are 900-1200ms. I once had a 16Mbps DL on Tmo with a 1000ms ping. That just blows your mind.

For some reason that first step to receive packets on HSPA+ is almost always delayed, once it got going it was fine. Pandora or Netflix streaming was almost instant to start on mine and almost always delayed on his.

For some reason that first step to receive packets on HSPA+ is almost always delayed, once it got going it was fine. Pandora or Netflix streaming was almost instant to start on mine and almost always delayed on his.

Yeah I noticed that as well. But usual ping I'm getting 50 ms but sometimes goes to around to 250. The one thing I have noticed though about hspa+ is that the connection is very consistent once it initalizes.

Wow! Looking at sensorly now and it looks like queens coverage is the same as Brooklyn.

I have driven pass all of the area that Sensorly is showing and noticed that some are not showing LTE. Seems like on street level, you hardly get any LTE signal but up on high floors, you will get LTE signal. That just tells me that it's a tower far away. It could just be one tower that is being picked up on high floors. But it's still progress. Hope the cold weather doesn't slow things down too much.

Has work in other boroughs like manhattan momentarily paused? Just wondering because there has been no progress there. Maybe it has to do with actually getting permisable access to rooftops because its a really dense area with lots of towers?

I would think that manhattan would take the longest.

Wow! Looking at sensorly now and it looks like queens coverage is the same as Brooklyn.

Whoa, LTE is in my area....but still a few miles away from me, although it's of little use to me considering I have an iPhone 4S. I just hope NV continues creeping south.

These sloth-like data speeds need to end, once and for all.

Edited by Sonic13

My friend went to Coney Island and he wasn't able to connect to the LTE he's had a GS III any idea what's going on?

I live in coney island and I mapped the area from bay Parkway 86th St down coney island near the train station and lte is still up right now. Don't know why ur friends couldn't connect to it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I live in coney island and I mapped the area from bay Parkway 86th St down coney island near the train station and lte is still up right now. Don't know why ur friends couldn't connect to it.

not sure either he has a GS III and I told to airplane mode maybe shutting it down and turning it back on. And nothing he was where the dark purple indicated strong LTE.

not sure either he has a GS III and I told to airplane mode maybe shutting it down and turning it back on. And nothing he was where the dark purple indicated strong LTE.

I'll double check lte again when I get back to brooklyn tomorrow. Maybe the turned lte off for that area as it's probably still in the testing phase. But I was getting pretty decent speeds when connected about 10mbps down and 3mbps up

I just looked, and based on the sensorly map, the same seems to be true for lower Westchester county...

It stops being true when you get into the adjacent markets. No LTE at the sites listed this way in Long Island, North Jersey, Upstate NY East and Southern Connecticut.

Setup a dropbox account its free and is great for sharing stuff including photos.

I have a dropbox & im talkin about posting pictures to the website , it says I reached my global upload quota , im asking if it resets ?

I have a dropbox & im talkin about posting pictures to the website , it says I reached my global upload quota , im asking if it resets ?

I'm not sure about resetting on this site, but you can generate a link and attach it here to post with dropbox