Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

epaba3e5.jpg

Still no LTE been down for 2 months now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Its probably Sensorly mapping out future soon to be announced LTE towers or unactive LTE towers

Its probably Sensorly mapping out future soon to be announced LTE towers or unactive LTE towers

Sensorly does not do this. Sensorly uses crowd sourced data. The info on their maps comes from users of the Sensorly Android app. That area was mapped by real Sprint LTE customers. So the service was live in that area when it appeared. Most likely during testing.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

WOW could you imagine if that were the case, alot of people here would have left sprint a long time ago..if that were all to look forward too lol

Hey Robert,

how much effect does updating PRL have on LTE signal? Since 3G/1x can come from a separate site, would updating the PRL and Profile help with picking up better signal wherever you are..Im currently getting pretty crappy voice signal, when before i was getting excellent voice in the same place. But, unfortunately I am on a AOSP Rom (CM 10.1) without a way of updating my current PRL.

Updating a PRL will do nothing for even your 1x signal. All it does for you right now is cycle your radio. Only real change you will see in a prl update is when 800smr is added to your market.

Sent from my little Note2

WOW could you imagine if that were the case, alot of people would here would have left sprint a long time ago..if that were all to look forward too lol

Right, sorry idk I just started using Sensorly

Updating a PRL will do nothing for even your 1x signal. All it does for you right now is cycle your radio. Only real change you will see in a prl update is when 800smr is added to your market.

Sent from my little Note2

So your saying that cycling airplane mode on and off does exactly the same thing??? I thought something else entirely different.

So your saying that cycling airplane mode on and off does exactly the same thing??? I thought something else entirely different.

Since PRL's don't change all that often, running the PRL update is pretty much a roundabout way of cycling your radios, it forces your phone to re-scan through all the frequencies, checking first for LTE then 3G. Much easier to just cycle airplane mode.

Since PRL's don't change all that often, running the PRL update is pretty much a roundabout way of cycling your radios, it forces your phone to re-scan through all the frequencies, checking first for LTE then 3G. Much easier to just cycle airplane mode.

Thanks for the info, that kinda makes more sense, I just figured since sprint is actively upgrading now as we speak PRL updates might be a better way to have the latest list of updated towers. Plus, I ride the subway very frequently, and am a firm believer in airplane mode on the subway as a way of conserving a ton of battery life, and also receiving signal instantly after getting off the subway.

Thanks for the info, that kinda makes more sense, I just figured since sprint is actively upgrading now as we speak PRL updates might be a better way to have the latest list of updated towers. Plus, I ride the subway very frequently, and am a firm believer in airplane mode on the subway as a way of conserving a ton of battery life, and also receiving signal instantly after getting off the subway.

PRL's don't actually list towers, or even update when new towers go up, or towers have LTE turned on. It lists more groups of towers, by geographic region, rather than individual towers. If a new tower is added in your area, you phone will connect to it automatically, assuming it's given the same regional ID as the other towers around you. That's a basic explanation (I hope). Digiblur is the PRL expert. If I messed anything up, I'm sure he can give you a better idea of what a PRL does.

Just mapped LTE along Snyder Avenue in Brooklyn. It lasted until I turned the corner onto Utica. I should mention I was going east coming from Downstate. I guess that would become self evident in a couple of minutes when it appears on the map

My LTE speeds. I was moving so speeds fluctuated greatly. In Brooklyn. Those uploads aren't so great besides the 5mbps upload.

But look at those pings! that's what makes everything load nice and snappy, Just think, in a few months you can probably say bye bye to those 300ms pings and 100k/s downloads..

But look at those pings! that's what makes everything load nice and snappy, Just think, in a few months you can probably say bye bye to those 300ms pings and 100k/s downloads..

I know! Kind of reminds me how those T-Mobile Faux-G users post their screenshots of 17Mbps speedtests with pings in the high thousands.