Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I never said that. I simply asked if anyone was in the Teaneck area and ever experienced LTE from there. It doesn't show up on sensorly, but if u look on the map, it's pretty close by and I thought since its near by and north jersey should of of had some deployment by now. I'm heading out there tomorrow, so I'll let u know.

You think LTE will reach 8-10 miles from 1 tower? I don't think so.

Actually! If downtilt is set right, a rural Network Vision site could broadcast up to 10 miles. My house is about 7 miles from the nearest tower, and I get signal from that tower up to 12 miles away, so it is possible. How usable it will be? Probably not much at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

I doubt it, especially for optimum they don't seBrooklyn,e entire NYC arethe I believe it would be too much of a hassle to put 2 cable companies in one market to take care of the overhaul. I would think since Verizon has a footprint in all of NYC then it would be best to just hire one company to provide the backhaul. Cablevision's network is fiber up to the drop, from the drop on its coax; unless you purchase the pricey 101mbps service.

Optimums fiber network is so robust that it is more than likely the go to backhaul provider for Long Island, Brooklyn, Staten Island, the Bronx, Southern Conneticut, and Northeast NJ. Just because they don't offer cable service there doesn't mean they dont have it.

Actually! If downtilt is set right, a rural Network Vision site could broadcast up to 10 miles. My house is about 7 miles from the nearest tower, and I get signal from that tower up to 12 miles away, so it is possible. How usable it will be? Probably not much at all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Imagine how far the signal would travel from 1 tower when they deploy LTE 800

Imagine how far the signal would travel from 1 tower when they deploy LTE 800

Downtilt for rural areas that will get 800 service will be quite good, but I don't see them setting downtilt to zero for 800MHz LTE or 1xA for that much coverage. I would see them matching or just barely adjusting it above PCS.

There was rain on Friday maybe the work wasn't completed !

I am waiting for lte signal in queens but no luck yet. Places I been to last week are flushing, littleneck, bayside, long island city, astoria and also many places on the way but no lte anywhere.

I am waiting for lte signal in queens but no luck yet. Places I been to last week are flushing, littleneck, bayside, long island city, astoria and also many places on the way but no lte anywhere.

Well, if you don't see any LTE coverage on these maps: http://sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=NYC, then it's no surprise you haven't found any yet.

Anyone else experiencing an outage? I normally get solid lte at work and decent lte at home. Starting at about 4 pm today I've lost lte at work and at home. I've updated my profile, PRL, and rebooted. But alas, no dice. It's not even displaying EHRPD. Weird to say the least.

• Like 1

I've been having outages in front of my home for about the last week or so maybe. 5 bars of data but no usable data. On the other end of my home where I assume I'm connected to a different tower I get pretty decent 3G speeds.

In other news, my phones prl updated from 55009 to 55010. I doubt any actual change though.