Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

By end of February, what are you thoughts about how much LTE will be up in NYC. That's about a month and a half.

Could be a lot, could be none.

Honestly it's tough to gauge how fast or slow the deployment will be. So many varying factors, especially in this area.

Brooklyn near 11214, inside brooklyn public library near ps97 got lte. Im on it right now. Speeds not bad about 10mbps. Not sure if im mapping it correctly. All I need to do is jist open the sensorly map correct?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Brooklyn near 11214, inside brooklyn public library near ps97 got lte. Im on it right now. Speeds not bad about 10mbps. Not sure if im mapping it correctly. All I need to do is jist open the sensorly map correct?

Easiest way is to click "Map Trip" and it will show you the data points it is mapping.

By end of February, what are you thoughts about how much LTE will be up in NYC. That's about a month and a half.

I honestly believe that depending on how well Sprint does in the NYC Market it will determine how well Network Vision changes their customers mind. If Sprint fails to deliver well I would expect the downfall of Sprint. By the end of february I expect LTE in more places, how ever I know NYC won't be half complete. By June I expect NYC nearing completion. I just want Sprint to claim #1 spot in fastest and most stable network, they once were king right?

--

Chris

• Like 1

I honestly believe that depending on how well Sprint does in the NYC Market it will determine how well Network Vision changes their customers mind. If Sprint fails to deliver well I would expect the downfall of Sprint. By the end of february I expect LTE in more places, how ever I know NYC won't be half complete. By June I expect NYC nearing completion. I just want Sprint to claim #1 spot in fastest and most stable network, they once were king right?

--

Chris

Where they ever that good? I really dont know since I started using sprint only two years ago

I am not sure, but I remember that's what everyone used to have and talk about. So I would guess they were once that good?

--

Chris

I am sure sprint will catch up. 2013 is their year to turn it over and if not, it will be a big disappointment. If it wasnt for this site, I would've dropped sprint and went to tmobile. I hope I made the right decision.

• Like 1

I am sure sprint will catch up. 2013 is their year to turn it over and if not, it will be a big disappointment. If it wasnt for this site, I would've dropped sprint and went to tmobile. I hope I made the right decision.

Everyone who choose to stay with Sprint did the best decision in their life, Sprint is changing, Sprint is starting new, what more can anyone want? Sprint is using new technology to delivery the best service possible, I am not just saying that I believe that! New towers, and technology packed into every 1 tower spread over 30,000 towers they have. Now that's truly amazing. Sprint :tu:

--

Chris

Back in the day, Sprint was the number #1 provider in terms of data speeds and throughput. They were a company of firsts, and some can say, still are.

But the huge explosion in data demand, combined with the steady decline of customers, and mis-management and direction, brought Sprint down to the bottom, spiraling the drain. It took Dan Hesse being as radical as possible, to save the company.

I'm going to be hitting my 10th year soon, and I can safely say, I've seen it all.

• Like 3

so i see(sensorly map) that in the bronx there`s really some dark purple and some really light purple coverage, will that stay that way or will the light coverage get darker once LTE its officially turned on?

so i see(sensorly map) that in the bronx there`s really some dark purple and some really light purple coverage, will that stay that way or will the light coverage get darker once LTE its officially turned on?

Keep in mind, Sensorly is crowd-sourced, so the more readings people upload, the darker the colors will get.

Eventually the LTE coverage will mirror the existing 3G (EVDO) coverage.

• Like 1

As will the majority of the Sprint customer base, other than those 1%'ers who will find a reason to complain always.

I look at our 3G coverage now, and once NV is done, you'll see LTE on those same towers.

How long after the sensorly maps a tower does it show on the maps?

10-20 minutes I think.

Usually within 15 minutes or so. Sometimes up to a couple hours it seems depending on the servers and the re-rendering of the layers.

Back in the day, Sprint was the number #1 provider in terms of data speeds and throughput. They were a company of firsts, and some can say, still are.

But the huge explosion in data demand, combined with the steady decline of customers, and mis-management and direction, brought Sprint down to the bottom, spiraling the drain. It took Dan Hesse being as radical as possible, to save the company.

I'm going to be hitting my 10th year soon, and I can safely say, I've seen it all.

Well said, I was with them when they 1st opened the doors leaving AT&T which was cellular 1 which was mobile 1, or mobile trends 1989 is so long ago lol

• Like 1

I concur. Folks complain about Dan and his methods/decisions, but I for one think the man knows what he is doing and actually saved Sprint.

And to keep this topic on track, I have to confess that I am so damn pissed. I went to New Jersey (Newark actually) to pick up a router that a buddy left last month while traveling from the UK. I go, pick it up and drive north to avoid the tunnel and Manhattan, I drive right into the Bronx (LTE Heaven) and then back home in Queens. i took the long way. Once home I noticed that I forgot to even look at my phone to see if I got a 4G LTE signal. aarrgghhh so close and blew my chance. :angry::blush:

TS

• Like 1