Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

ill take that this is what I got by a friends home in white plains ny 9u5emy4u.jpg

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Be happy, this is what i'm getting...

Test Date: Jan 2, 2013 8:27:12 pm

Connection Type: 1xRTT

Server: Clifton, NJ

Download: 4 kbps

Upload: 19 kbps

Ping: 763 ms

External IP: 66.87.117.88

Internal IP: 21.201.199.88

Latitude: 41.33796

Longitude: -74.16606

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/android/332067654.png

• Like 1

I was in East Meadow Long Island at WalMart and the speeds were insane. I don't think the towers were NV'd. I got a ping of 66 once. Most of the time it was between 70 and 100 ms. I almost got 2Mbps on my first speed test and the uploads were very close to 1mbps consistently. I wish all of the city was like this.

Are u talkin bout 3g??

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Im getting Great Speeds At the Barclays Center In Brooklyn. Currently at the Nets Gamee2atugad.jpg

I get better speeds nowadays nearing 2mbps download 1mbps up pretty much everywhere I go in Queens. I used to get creepy speeds but it certainly has improved overall

yny4yta8.jpg

The first three tests

There should be heavy traffic.

Is this a sign???

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sprint upgrading towers near the Whitestone Expressway DMV and should be running by the 11th

I looked at the NV sites map for NYC and do not see that tower being referenced as undergoing NV upgrades. There is another tower going north bound which just had NV completed.

I also passed by the location you described and there are towers next door to the DMV. If a Sprint rep told you this I have big doubts IMO.

Those are awesome speeds! Perfect example of how NV makes everything better!

funny thing is, when i run speedtests in littleneck queens, i get these speed consecutively. i get great ping and speed for one test, and on the next test like 10 seconds later, i get 500+ping with slow speeds. very odd and i do not know why.

• Like 1

funny thing is, when i run speedtests in littleneck queens, i get these speed consecutively. i get great ping and speed for one test, and on the next test like 10 seconds later, i get 500+ping with slow speeds. very odd and i do not know why.

That happens to me also when I'm connected to a 3G NV tower around my house .

• Like 1

That means that your phone is switching between cell sites.

That means that your phone is switching between cell sites.

yea that is exactly what i thought. but the thing is if i ran three tests consecutively, first one is good speed, second one slow with very bad ping and third exam comes same as the first one. not sure what is going on. also when i am at home, the signal fluctuates so much. i get 4-5 bars -80dbm 8asu and seconds later i have 0-1 bar -88dbm 4asu or 2asu. the bars go up and down very often and i get very annoyed.

• Like 1

Maybe its due to cell breathing.

The way I understand cell breatingbis that when a tower gets overloaded, it'll shrink its coverage area slightly so that more people connect to another tower. It might be that, that tower is loaded and is pushing you off to the next and your phone is flip flopping.

• Like 2

Maybe its due to cell breathing.

The way I understand cell breatingbis that when a tower gets overloaded, it'll shrink its coverage area slightly so that more people connect to another tower. It might be that, that tower is loaded and is pushing you off to the next and your phone is flip flopping.

All the towers around my house have 3G NV and the same thing happens to me

• Like 1

I may go there tomorrow to test this out rofl....porterhouse steaks $4.99 a pound I think.

Ooh, I'll take a case!

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Ooh, I'll take a case!

Man if you only could Robert....their filet mignon,, NY Strip, and Porterhouse steak is very very good. Not like the junk you find in the regular super markets. In fact I buy all of my meats from Stew leonards. I will love to see LTE working there. I will be headed there shortly.lol

• Like 1

Wow the Bronx is going to be done before the summer at the pace it’s going. I am really excited to see network vision done. The memories of how Sprint was an unusable service which came to be usable everywhere will be in my head forever. Thanks Robert for creating this site. :tu:

--

Chris

• Like 2

Wow the Bronx is going to be done before the summer at the pace it’s going. I am really excited to see network vision done. The memories of how Sprint was an unusable service which came to be usable everywhere will be in my head forever. Thanks Robert for creating this site. :tu:

--

Chris

I don't get it. Wasn't NV in all of NYC supposed to be complete by end of 1Q?

I don't get it. Wasn't NV in all of NYC supposed to be complete by end of 1Q?

Its behind schedule at least two months from that. They were already getting behind schedule before the hurricane, and then that really pushed them behind.