Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

With all of the new 4G sites showing, I'm surprised Sensorly hasn't been reflecting them yet. Wonder if the sites haven't been turned on yet.

Also, I have been on the phone constantly with Sprint because of towers that have been damaged since Sandy. Today I have been notified that they are rebuilding the two towers around me from scratch since they are total loses in the downtown Manhattan area. But the strange thing is, they don't think it will be the new NV upgraded towers. That makes no sense to me. Why waste money on rebuilding the towers the old way? Could they be mistaken/misinformed?

And on a side note, it's killing me that service around here has been terrible since Sandy and Sprint can't fix it for over two months. I'm not complaining, just frustrated. :(

From the way NV is looking, it seems like they move to one area and then scatter to the next. I guess the Bronx was an exception or at least it looks like that from sensorly. Do u happen to be in the east side of manhattan?

Or maybe they are just testing LTE in those areas and then pre- launch it in the area which might be very spotty.

Or maybe they are just testing LTE in those areas and then pre- launch it in the area which might be very spotty.

Lol in the Bronx they are testing boro wide. I somehow think based on the way it's been going, if u look on the map the Bronx is on the top, then manhattan in the middle there and Brooklyn on the bottom. That's how the sensorly map is showing the coverage. So it looks predictable. After Brooklyn or maybe in the middle could be Staten Island and then queens.

Lol in the Bronx they are testing boro wide. I somehow think based on the way it's been going, if u look on the map the Bronx is on the top, then manhattan in the middle there and Brooklyn on the bottom. That's how the sensorly map is showing the coverage. So it looks predictable. After Brooklyn or maybe in the middle could be Staten Island and then queens.

Don't say that. Queens needs some love here. :)

I think they will just get the sites that they have access done and go that way. Let's just hope the sites that are 4G capable but not operating yet be turned on once NYC launches. I just want any kind of service in Downtown manhattan (east or west)

• Like 1

They have sites complete in Queens, Staten Island, Brooklyn and Manhattan. They are just getting to whichever sties are ready to be upgraded first. For whatever reason, the first cluster of sites ready was in the Bronx.

do you know where it queens?

Rt 9A Elmsford Ny site. Looks like all the panels have been installed.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

How do you tell the difference between VZW and Sprint sites? They look the same to me. Should I look at the width if the three panels to tell the difference? :confused:

How do you tell the difference between VZW and Sprint sites? They look the same to me. Should I look at the width if the three panels to tell the difference? :confused:

Good question. Not sure exactly what VZW panels look like to be honest. Im sure there are pics on this site somewhere. I do know that the site in pics is a Sprint only site. The larger panels are new NV, and the smaller panels are the old legacy, to be removed at a later date.

• Like 1

If I get slow data from a New vision cell site that means it still has the old backhual right?

If you're sure you're connected to the new site, yes, that means legacy backhaul.

Take a look at what I circled in the image. Those are usually good give-aways.

2qukfpg.jpg

• Like 1

i am no expert in anything regarding setting up the towers for lte services but this seems very slow. it has been more than couple of weeks after the brooklyn tower lit up and i honestly do not see anymore updates on sensorly for the past 2-3 weeks.

i am no expert in anything regarding setting up the towers for lte services but this seems very slow. it has been more than couple of weeks after the brooklyn tower lit up and i honestly do not see anymore updates on sensorly for the past 2-3 weeks.

There is a few more places that have LTE towers some they havent been mapped!! Become a sponsor so that you can be able to see the update map and see where those towers are at.

There is a few more places that have LTE towers some they havent been mapped!! Become a sponsor so that you can be able to see the update map and see where those towers are at.

I am a sponsor and I don't see it for some reason. Andy are u able to pm me the link to location? Thanks

how much do you have to donate? is there a set amount?