Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

so looking at the map in sensorly, will LTE coverage be the same as the coverage in the 3g map?

I wouldn't take sensorly as the end-all-be-all for coverage, but yes, LTE coverage will eventually mirror 3G.

• Like 2

I've delt with quite a few customers who are having service issues due to NV, so Flushing is being worked on.

you were right. from Monday to thursday, i was getting really bad reception at work but today, i get awesome 3G speeds near 2mbps down and 1mbps up. they work pretty fast. NV can be up less than a week?

you were right. from Monday to thursday, i was getting really bad reception at work but today, i get awesome 3G speeds near 2mbps down and 1mbps up. they work pretty fast. NV can be up less than a week?

I would say the towers yes, but the backhaul is probably done way before. Unless that can also be done in less than a week that would be pretty amazing.

--

Chris

I would say the towers yes, but the backhaul is probably done way before. Unless that can also be done in less than a week that would be pretty amazing.

--

Chris

How long does it take for them to get the lte up for the towers that already has nv done?

Yea NV can be done pretty quickly, the only issue is LTE. The backhaul can take some time, I believe this is why I don't have LTE.

--

Chris

• Like 1

Yea NV can be done pretty quickly, the only issue is LTE. The backhaul can take some time, I believe this is why I don't have LTE.

Yea this is the same thing I said and thought. I mean it does make sense that the back haul would take more time since it is dependent from Sprint. But Sprint should try and speed the back hauls, calling the companies early and letting them know ahead of schedules. But I don't really know so that's just my opinion.

--

Chris

Backhaul is actually ahead in most markets now. It's mainly the OEMs and supply shortages that are holding back NV. Permitting will always be a pain in big cities like NYC and the like.

Permitting + Slow Oems & Contractors = snails pace.

But it should be speeding up in the next couple of months as everyone gets their shites together.

Really? I mean I'm sure that in my area 3g has enhanced due to NV upgrades. However, LTE is at a slow pace; my understanding is that in the NY market this is due to the overhaul.

Backhaul is actually ahead in most markets now. It's mainly the OEMs and supply shortages that are holding back NV. Permitting will always be a pain in big cities like NYC and the like.

Permitting + Slow Oems & Contractors = snails pace.

But it should be speeding up in the next couple of months as everyone gets their shites together.

We had a tech trainer who had stated that some of these companies are not in a hurry to provide the backhaul site due to being in direct competition with Sprint. I believe in NY the company in charge of the backhauls is Verizon.

Yea this is the same thing I said and thought. I mean it does make sense that the back haul would take more time since it is dependent from Sprint. But Sprint should try and speed the back hauls, calling the companies early and letting them know ahead of schedules. But I don't really know so that's just my opinion.

--

Chris

In NYC it is probably the major cable companies in many places. My understanding is that Optimum's network is fiber to the towers outside but they run a coaxial cable into your modem. I think the only places in Optimum service areas that aren't fiber are "last mike" folks that live on the edge of their service area.

In NYC it is probably the major cable companies in many places. My understanding is that Optimum's network is fiber to the towers outside but they run a coaxial cable into your modem. I think the only places in Optimum service areas that aren't fiber are "last mike" folks that live on the edge of their service area.

I remember when optimum was very slow :/ only 15 down and 2 up, now they have more tier plans and their speeds are very good. Actually they are excellent. I hope more work is being done to further increase speeds and lower latency Would be awesome to see Optimum fiber or something better start rolling out, not that its needed but the faster the better when it comes to internet speeds. Demand is only going to increase etc. Back on topic, I would assume optimum is the primary supplier of internet for sprint in the New York area and not Verizon. I mean Optimum light path is for businesses.

--

Chris

• Like 1

My speeds were like that, one day I did a speed test and couldn't believe the speed I was getting on 3g. I had to keep testing the speed over and over. Now I need for my 4G to be activated again. It's weird, If I cross the street 4G is available but not by my building anymore. I live across the street from the 4G tower

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

My speeds were like that, one day I did a speed test and couldn't believe the speed I was getting on 3g. I had to keep testing the speed over and over. Now I need for my 4G to be activated again. It's weird, If I cross the street 4G is available but not by my building anymore. I live across the street from the 4G tower

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's odd that the tower is across the street and no 4g. Do u get when your outside your own building?

I doubt it, especially for optimum they don't service the entire NYC area. I believe it would be too much of a hassle to put 2 cable companies in one market to take care of the overhaul. I would think since Verizon has a footprint in all of NYC then it would be best to just hire one company to provide the backhaul. Cablevision's network is fiber up to the drop, from the drop on its coax; unless you purchase the pricey 101mbps service.