Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

It has nothing to do with area code but rather the site you are connected to. I have 347 and when I traveled to the Boston area and New Hampshire for Christmas I had LTE Plus for a lot of the trip.

How do I know what site I am connected to? I am living in Tampa but work about an 30 minutes from my home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woke up to 41078 in East Harlem coming from a former Clear site (was 39991 last night).  Had it all the way up the Bruckner Expressway onto the Sheridan, right up until near the Cross Bronx/Sheridan where it changed to 41276.

Screenshot_2016-02-12-07-08-17.jpeg

Edited by jaybiz81
  • Like 4

Woke up to 41078 in East Harlem coming from a former Clear site (was 39991 last night).  Had it all the way up the Bruckner Expressway onto the Sheridan, right up until near the Cross Bronx/Sheridan where it changed to 41276.

Screenshot_2016-02-12-07-08-17.jpeg

I'm curious about SCP, did it display it as the replacement frequency or as second carrier?

Might be alittle of topic but with the recent shut down of wimax in NYC do we know if there were any single mode Wimax sites that can now be switched over to LTE? I know most clear sites can do LTE and Wimax but do sites like this exist? If they do, I wonder if they will be replaced with new equipment first then turned back on with LTE or just turned on with one carrier of LTE

Also on my way home from work I monitored SCP while driving through queens. Of the 5 or so sites i connected to they still had the 39... EARFCN

If I'm not mistaken, almost every Clearwire site here in NYC (I live in Queens) is broadcasting a single carrier of LTE now, not that many single carrier sites here.

Does the move from EBS Mobile beacon to BRS mean they are physically replacing the equipment?

No, just broadcasting in a different frequency range.

Regardless of 39991 or 41078 or whatever EARFCN, Sprint's the only game in town broadcasting LTE in 2.5.

Something has dramatically changed in BK. My buddy is seeing over 50mbs all of a sudden. He used to average between 5-10mbs..

Could it be upgraded backhaul? His EARFCN is still sitting at 39991.

Or more capacity has been added nearby to take the stress off of the site he is connected to.

• Like 1

Well I'm noticing now that, they've moved to a different earfcn. Signal strength in the same locations is quite a bit more fragile recently. I'm guessing the days I was getting better speeds, was evidence of majority of users being dropped off band 41 while they worked on the switch. Had to do a profile update to require signal those days.

How have coverage and speeds been at JFK airport? I've had terrible experiences a few years back where I couldn't even get calls to go through.

I was there a few weeks ago and I had no problems. There was LTE that was slow comparatively but still usable for anything like streaming or downloading apps.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty certain it just went live as of 12am this "morning"... Shows same pci in my Signal check and lte discovery... Never hit 50 plus on my home site any hour of the day!

Added one more screen to show it broke 80.

Screenshot_20160216-002707.png

Screenshot_20160216-002903.png

Screenshot_20160216-052925.png

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain it just went live as of 12am this "morning"... Shows same pci in my Signal check and lte discovery... Never hit 50 plus on my home site any hour of the day!

Where is this? This is the second I have heard of these screaming speeds that just pop up all of a sudden...

What were your speeds previously?

• Like 1

This is in the Kingsbridge area. I noticed two of the same PCI another site further up the block from me as well. Speeds usually at this hour average usually stuck around 2mbps before that at best!

Screenshot_20160216-004148.png

Engineering screen???? :D

Or does the 6P show PCC and SCC values? I can't remember.

• Like 1

Nexus 6p blows for that. I had to use my mom's iPhone to check the earfcn change the other day. I noticed my Signal fluctuations as well. So knew something was up recently.

Nope.  Not on the engineering screen.  For the Nexus 6P, the "P" stands for pathetic paucity of particulars.

AJ

• Like 2