Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I just traipsed through Secaucus, Manhattan, and Brooklyn the past 24 hours. LTE was usable, but needs to be smoother and faster.

That seems to be the general consensus. NYC is dying for that second Band 41 carrier and it should be arriving any time now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That seems to be the general consensus. NYC is dying for that second Band 41 carrier and it should be arriving any time now.

Yeah, has B41 stabilized again? It seemed like it got a little wonky the night of WiMax shutdown.

Yeah, has B41 stabilized again? It seemed like it got a little wonky the night of WiMax shutdown.

I'm not sure. I'm currently in Boston until early March. Hopefully by the time I'm back in NYC, the second carrier will be live.

i would say yes, it isn't dropping connection and band switching like the days prior.

I am living in Fl now but keeping my 347 area code I should be on lte plus soon right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has nothing to do with area code but rather the site you are connected to.  I have 347 and when I traveled to the Boston area and New Hampshire for Christmas I had LTE Plus for a lot of the trip.

Besides speed, B41 still isn't built out well in the suburbs. In my area of suburban NJ, I can pick up B41 in some town centers, outdoors. Once I go on to residential streets, I drop to band 25 or 26. That's OK... Until they get congested and I find my phone hanging out on 3G...

I am very happy with the fact that Sprint will almost always allow me to make a phone call wherever I am in the NYC area. I'm just waiting for densification...

Besides speed, B41 still isn't built out well in the suburbs. In my area of suburban NJ, I can pick up B41 in some town centers, outdoors. Once I go on to residential streets, I drop to band 25 or 26. That's OK... Until they get congested and I find my phone hanging out on 3G...

I am very happy with the fact that Sprint will almost always allow me to make a phone call wherever I am in the NYC area. I'm just waiting for densification...

You should probably post this in NJ thread, NYC is in a very different situation than NJ. Site density is quite impressive for the most part here.

Clear site or Sprint site?

Sprint site! I posted a walk through video of my cell site awhile back with 8T8R panels. I'm a block over so my signal is top notch. I'll put the link at the end of this reply.

Appears that CA isn't on yet. Speed tests only show 45Mbps top, and I live in the suburbs so no one should be draining it. Will do further tests later.

The site:

• Like 1

Sprint site! I posted a walk through video of my cell site awhile back with 8T8R panels. I'm a block over so my signal is top notch. I'll put the link at the end of this reply.

Appears that CA isn't on yet. Speed tests only show 45Mbps top, and I live in the suburbs so no one should be draining it. Will do further tests later.

The site:

Good to see it finally coming online. 

Is it possible they could be just using this frequency for Richmond county?

You need to report the exact location of the earfcn discovered in each area. Ebs licensing is a pain to track.

Typically second band 41 carriers are +198 on the earfcn to existing carrier earfcn for contiguous intraband carrier aggregation.

You need to report the exact location of the earfcn discovered in each area. Ebs licensing is a pain to track.

Typically second band 41 carriers are +198 on the earfcn to existing carrier earfcn for contiguous intraband carrier aggregation.

Would it be any different for other parts of the city considering everywhere in NYC it is 39991.

Would it be any different for other parts of the city considering everywhere in NYC it is 39991.

It depends on spectrum holdings. May have something to do with the Ebs lease holders which were one of the reason for delayed wimax shut down.

Though 41276 is quite an interesting earfcn. They can't do 3 contiguous 20 MHz carriers with that earfcn. (2648.6-2668.6 mhz) +(2668.4-2688.4) and that's if they hold the Ebs licenses above 2670.

Would've expected 40978+41176+40374 but hmm...

It depends on spectrum holdings. May have something to do with the Ebs lease holders which were one of the reason for delayed wimax shut down.

Though 41276 is quite an interesting earfcn. They can't do 3 contiguous 20 MHz carriers with that earfcn. (2648.6-2668.6 mhz) +(2668.4-2688.4) and that's if they hold the RBS licenses above 2670.

Would've expected 40978+41176+40374 but hmm...

That would be odd considering that the EBS holdings were held hostage by Wimax, and yet they would deploy RBS after the shutdown.

What would be the reasoning behind this?

Could somebody have made a mistake and/or jumped the gun?

Possibly testing?

That would be odd considering that the EBS holdings were held hostage by Wimax, and yet they would deploy RBS after the shutdown.

What would be the reasoning behind this?

Could somebody have made a mistake and jumped the gun?

Actually could work out for three contiguous 20 MHz carriers with contiguous Ebs holdings to 2690 mhz.

2628-2648+ 2648-2668+ 2668-2688

I'll need to do some EBS Brs holdings checkup when I have time..

The high BRS holdings is from 2618-2673.5 MHz (55.5 mhz) usually. 2674-2690 is EBS and sprint typically does not hold those in many markets.

• Like 1

Actually could work out for three contiguous 20 MHz carriers with contiguous Ebs holdings to 2690 mhz.

2628-2648+ 2648-2668+ 2668-2688

I'll need to do some EBS Brs holdings checkup when I have time..

Hmmmm, could NYC possibly be deploying 3x20 right outa the gate?!