Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

When Marcelo replied to your tweet and said "really soon" he was right!! Talk about exceeding expectations.

Yeah, I gotta say color me impressed. Its happening quickly.

Only thing that I think needs to be addressed is Clear sites. Have yet to see second carrier let alone CA live on any of these sites, and considering NYC has a ton of these I hope they get to them soon as well.

• Like 1

I hope this is true! For now, I'm stuck with crappy service in Penn station, and random drops to 3g for no good reason that don't come back without a toggle. And please...we need VoLTE...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Most stations in NYC have Sprint service available, I think because it(Penn Station) might be handled differently than the normal MTA stations we really have no idea when if ever that might get addressed

I also dont think VoLTE would help that situation, in fact I think it might hinder coverage. CDMA voice has extensive coverage, probably as good as any carrier, VoLTE or not.

Yeah, I gotta say color me impressed. Its happening quickly.

Only thing that I think needs to be addressed is Clear sites. Have yet to see second carrier let alone CA live on any of these sites, and considering NYC has a ton of these I hope they get to them soon as well.

Well well getting my morning coffee I was able to for a brief not even a second connect to the second carrier from the clear LTE tower that's by the McDonalds on Broadway. But it disconnected as soon as it showed the signal as being available. Which means they're probably still attempting to tune before it goes live officially. Closest sprint LTE site was also acting a little weird as well today so that's something that I noticed . I was on band 25 most of the time I was in the area.

On a side note I notice that the blocks around me that has sprint band 41 LTE got their second carrier turned on. I noticed while leaving my building multiple neighbor PCI showing a second identical numbers. Ran a quick test and popped a 30 plus on a tower that usually i am not lying gets 500 kbps most times.

• Like 2

Well well getting my morning coffee I was able to for a brief not even a second connect to the second carrier from the clear LTE tower that's by the McDonalds on Broadway. But it disconnected as soon as it showed the signal as being available. Which means they're probably still attempting to tune before it goes live officially. Closest sprint LTE site was also acting a little weird as well today so that's something that I know that I was on band 25 most of the time I was in the area.

On a side note I notice that the blocks around me that has sprint LTE got their second carrier turned on.

That's awesome to hear, do you have SCP logging sites? You can confirm Clear second carrier on that log.

BTW I think I know why your EARFCN box on LTE discovery doesnt populate on your N6P, think you need to rooted in order for that portion to work.

• Like 1

That's awesome to hear, do you have SCP logging sites? You can confirm Clear second carrier on that log.

BTW I think I know why your EARFCN box on LTE discovery doesnt populate on your N6P, think you need to rooted in order for that portion to work.

Didn't root cuz i wanted Android pay to work. But now i know!

Screenshot_20160218-085311.png

• Like 2

Looking forward to coming back to CA in NYC. I'm on vacation in Fort Lauderdale this week and was pulling 90 down on B41 here. I live next to a Clear site though, so hopefully I can report CA when I get home this afternoon. Awesome to read about all this progress so quickly.

• Like 1

Most stations in NYC have Sprint service available, I think because it(Penn Station) might be handled differently than the normal MTA stations we really have no idea when if ever that might get addressed

I also dont think VoLTE would help that situation, in fact I think it might hinder coverage. CDMA voice has extensive coverage, probably as good as any carrier, VoLTE or not.

The VoLTE may not help coverage... But the whole data while on a call thing...

The VoLTE may not help coverage... But the whole data while on a call thing...

In a pinch G Voice full integration+Hangouts dialer is your friend.

I just dont think VoLTE is on Sprint's top priority list. Once densificafion is far enough along (hopefully end of this year) We can have the VoLTE conversation.

• Like 3

Didn't root cuz i wanted Android pay to work. But now i know!

Nexgen is right, there is a workaround. I'm rooted and just used Android Pay yesterday. If you're interested and don't feel like digging through the XDA thread, I can send detailed instructions.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

They are in two different locations, my bedroom connects to a clear site a couple blocks away, and my kitchen and living room connect the Sprint B41 thats like 10blocks away..

Ah, makes sense.

Yeah. So the clear sites aren't even broadcasting Signal by me anymore that were previously activated which makes me think a possible hardware issue? So there is a hole where there use to be band 41 coverage since launch as those were the first towers to go live with LTE originally. While it seems all current sprint sites in my immediate vicinity are broadcasting a second carrier now.

I noticed my speeds at work have picked up. I am around City Hall area downtown Manhattan.

My UARFCN is now 41078 as apposed to 39991 like before.

Yes, the primary carrier has been switched to 41078 in Manhattan.

What speed differences are you seeing compared to previously. Your most likely connecting to multiple carriers.

Yes, the primary carrier has been switched to 41078 in Manhattan.

What speed differences are you seeing compared to previously. Your most likely connecting to multiple carriers.

Alot of people around here so I would get around 1-3 mb/s. Now im getting 10-15 with some dips to 5 now and then.

Picked up 41078 on a legacy Clearwire site in Flushing yesterday, nothing towards Woodside yet but that was nice to see. 

Just got word that BK has switched to the same primary carrier as well. Looks like BK/QNS ready for 2x Carriers.

• Like 1

I'm near Union Square and had 41276 as my primary carrier and 41078 as the second carrier. It wasn't for too long (10 minutes) before they reversed but it was cool to see. I won't be near a computer for a while no screenshots until then. Actually right now while waiting for my doctor 41276 is primary and 41078 is secondary.