Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Nope. It's not expected until spring / summer.

Keep an eye out for other earfcns.

So that being the case, could they use both those seperate EARFCNs do to CA? Or would they have to delay CA if 41276 were being deployed first. Considering they are non contiguous.

So that being the case, could they use both those seperate EARFCNs do to CA? Or would they have to delay CA if 41276 were being deployed first. Considering they are non contiguous.

They'll need to do non contiguous intraband carrier aggregation. It's LTE release 11 iirc. Intraband contiguous CA #+# is lte release 10. 20+20+20 contiguous CA is release 12.

Not exactly sure if the D1 and D2 equipment have the software updates need for now contiguous CA yet.

• Like 1

They'll need to do non contiguous intraband carrier aggregation. It's LTE release 11 iirc. Intraband contiguous CA #+# is lte release 10. 20+20+20 contiguous CA is release 12.

Not exactly sure if the D1 and D2 equipment have the software updates need for now contiguous CA yet.

Are there any Rel 11 devices on Sprint currently? I think the Snapdragon 810 is Rel 10 correct?

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Just checked Staten Island EBS holdings.

Sprint is indeed licensed the EBS holdings from 2673.5-2690 MHz so 20+20+20 can be done with that EARFCN they selected. 

• Like 3

Just checked Staten Island EBS holdings.

Sprint is indeed licensed the EBS holdings from 2673.5-2690 MHz so 20+20+20 can be done with that EARFCN they selected.

Today is a good day! Good find Payturr!

Where would we be without you Tim!?

Going 2nd carrier hunting tomorrow, doesn't hurt gas is sitting at sub $2 for premium.

• Like 2

Going 2nd carrier hunting tomorrow, doesn't hurt gas is sitting at sub $2 for premium.

It'd be a lie for me to say I didn't stare at the engineering screen everywhere I went today to hopefully not see 39991.  No luck in East Harlem, anywhere above ground on the 6, or the Cross Bronx between the Sheridan and 3rd Ave.  

Interestingly, when the 6 went underground near Whitlock, my engineering screen said I connected to band 4, then 12, then went dead until pulling into Hunts Point Ave.

Interestingly, when the 6 went underground near Whitlock, my engineering screen said I connected to band 4, then 12, then went dead until pulling into Hunts Point Ave.

Most likely what you saw was your phone scanning those bands, not actually connected. I see 2,4,5,12,25,26,41 all in a row when my G4 is scanning for an LTE signal.

• Like 2

I've personally noticed slightly higher speeds one my home tower recently not sure if that is due to a back haul upgrade. Then after awhile it goes back to the median speeds from before. So it could be better load balancing and well. Nice to see the results of some work being done either way.

• Like 2

Huguenot train station in Staten Island. Same UARFCN as the site by my house. I spend my days in Manhattan on 23rd street by Lexington, still haven't found anything.

Interesting, you didn't pick up 39991 at all right?

Huguenot train station in Staten Island. Same UARFCN as the site by my house. I spend my days in Manhattan on 23rd street by Lexington, still haven't found anything.

It's EARFCN. UARFCN is for WCDMA and Apple doesn't care about the abandonware that is Field Test.