Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

So this is interesting...

Another new EARFCN I found was 41474, on some occasions it was primary and others it would swap with 41276.

Also, finally popped my 100mbs+ cherry. Where CA was available it was excellent to blistering fast. Found it all over Fordham road and little Italy in the Bronx. :D

I usually visit the cigar shop on Hughes and hang for a bit, speed's tend to hover around 3-4mbs sec, now its 30mbs+

Im seriously impressed, but what hurts the most, is when you leave CA areas, its unbelievable how much slower they are especially Clear sites.

Also had chance to bring along a Verizon Droid device for comparison. Gotta say Verizon is quick in 95% of places in the Bronx I traveled today seeing between 20-40mbs (Midtown during the day is a different beast all together) But did not touch Sprints peak speeds!

Another thing I found odd, was the fact that the GS6 speeds were the same as single carrier device, always half the speed of my N6P. Maybe CA has to be enabled somehow..

Some eye candy...

GBQFeqi.jpggj1bK8W.jpg

eqf1Lprm.pngNPFCoUxm.pngKsNYSCem.jpg

• Like 4

So this is interesting...

Another new EARFCN I found was 41474, on some occasions it was primary and others it would swap with 41276.

Also, finally popped my 100mbs+ cherry. Where CA was available it was excellent to blistering fast. Found it all over Fordham road and little Italy in the Bronx. :D

I usually visit the cigar shop on Hughes and hang for a bit, speed's tend to hover around 3-4mbs sec, now its 30mbs+

Im seriously impressed, but what hurts the most, is when you leave CA areas, its unbelievable how much slower they are especially Clear sites.

Also had chance to bring along a Verizon Droid device for comparison. Gotta say Verizon is quick in 95% of places in the Bronx I traveled today seeing between 20-40mbs (Midtown during the day is a different beast all together)

Another thing I found odd, was the fact that the GS6 speeds were the same as single carrier device, always half the speed of my N6P. Maybe CA has to be enabled somehow..

Some eye candy...

So how many EARFCNs are actually live in one specific spot and what are their GCI endings?

I will go through my SCP logs to get the GCI's for the Bronx it was two different EARFCN's 41474 and 41276.

If 40078 + 41276 + 41474 is live on the same site that means three carriers is enabled for 60 MHz contiguous. 

EARFCN 41474 is center frequency 2678.4 MHz

EARFCN 41276 is center frequency 2658.6 MHz

EARFCN 41078 is center frequency 2538.8 MHz

If all three are live in the same site with corresponding GCIs....

• Like 6

If 40078 + 41276 + 41474 is live on the same site that means three carriers is enabled for 60 MHz contiguous. 

EARFCN 41474 is center frequency 2678.4 MHz

EARFCN 41276 is center frequency 2658.6 MHz

EARFCN 40078 is center frequency 2538.8 MHz

If all three are live in the same site with corresponding GCIs....

No 40078 as far as I can see..

Can confirm that sprint LTE towers in lower Westchester larchmont and rye are broadcasting the second carrier as well with aggregation. Was able to run a test while in traffic on the hutch and got over 80 while coasting through the sector. I get faint Band 41 signal from my work location in Rye Westchester but while in the parking lot not touching my phone I got edge of cell about 35 Mbps down. 110 dBm at the time.

Screenshot_20160217-083820.png

Screenshot_20160217-084034.png

• Like 2

Well well well.....

My home tower

What speeds around this time would you usually get?

I noticed the clear towers around me where offline or working at severely reduced to non existent performance this morning while getting my coffee. So hoping tomorrow I'll see them up and running again.

What speeds around this time would you usually get?

I noticed the clear towers around me where offline or working at severely reduced to non existent performance this morning while getting my coffee. So hoping tomorrow I'll see them up and running again.

My speeds on that tower are usually around 1mb-2mb. That site covers an immense number of people because of its height and location (id say it covers about 5-6 square miles) and gets hammered.

This speed from the distance I am is quite amazing.

CA is all over my neighborhood!! This is within 6 blocks of my place. Speeds are GREAT!

Best part pings are relatively low as well.

No one else in the city is reporting in. Where is Manhattan Queens Bk and SI.

• Like 1

Both! The clear tower is still chugging along at slow speeds, 2-4mb during day, and about 10mb middle of night.

Your house is served by a site that has both Sprint and Clearwire B41? Or you see signal from two independent sites?

Your house is served by a site that has both Sprint and Clearwire B41? Or you see signal from two independent sites?

They are in two different locations, my bedroom connects to a clear site a couple blocks away, and my kitchen and living room connect to the Sprint B41 thats like 10blocks away..

I'm not picking up shit on my 6s

So, you are going to leave the shit just lying there on your phone?  And who shit on your phone in the first place?

AJ

• Like 5

CA+Second carrier are truly all they are cracked up to be! Picked up Second carrier and CA uptown Manhattan and also some in Northern NJ.

Also checked out Dead Pool at AMC on 34th street, Looks like CA is live there as well. Hit almost 90mbs indoors!

I really don't know how any other carrier will compete here in NYC.

• Like 3

CA+Second carrier are truly all they are cracked up to be! Picked up Second carrier and CA uptown Manhattan and also some in Northern NJ.

Also checked out Dead Pool at AMC on 34th street, Looks like CA is live there as well. Hit almost 90mbs indoors!

When Marcelo replied to your tweet and said "really soon" he was right!! Talk about exceeding expectations.

• Like 4

I hope this is true! For now, I'm stuck with crappy service in Penn station, and random drops to 3g for no good reason that don't come back without a toggle. And please...we need VoLTE...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk