Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Been noticing a lot of B41 sites are broken with CA device. I connect and then drop back to B25\B26. Where as non CA device stays connected fine albeit slow speeds, as if the second carrier wasn't setup or running properly.

I finally picked up CA in Queens yesterday, was coming from a Sprint B41 site.

• Like 1

Where in Queens?

Sunnyside, on Greenpoint Ave. Was at the Rite Aid yesterday and saw both PCC and SCC populated on my phone. Speedtests peaked 65mbps on the DL. This was on a known Sprint B41 site.

• Like 1

Been noticing a lot of B41 sites are broken with CA device. I connect and then drop back to B25\B26. Where as non CA device stays connected fine albeit slow speeds, as if the second carrier wasn't setup or running properly.

Sprint or Clear sites. I have nlt noticed that behavior on Sprint sites just the clear ones with a second carrier activated. Took my walk this morning as there are broadcasting but intermittent function, as it will hand off then disconnect. Was able to run a speed test and it doesn't appear to be CA activated as the speeds where much lower than the Sprint site in the same vicinity. If I had another device I could properly tell if my observation was true.

Sprint or Clear sites. I have nlt noticed that behavior on Sprint sites just the clear ones with a second carrier activated. Took my walk this morning as there are broadcasting but intermittent function, as it will hand off then disconnect. Was able to run a speed test and it doesn't appear to be CA activated as the speeds where much lower than the Sprint site in the same vicinity. If I had another device I could properly tell if my observation was true.

Same noticings here... on Sprint sites.

I've been noticing it on Sprint sites in the city..it tries to transfer data, and then it fallsback to B25/26.

I've been noticing it on Sprint sites in the city..it tries to transfer data, and then it fallsback to B25/26.

I constantly had this problem in the Chicago market. Drove me absolutely nuts.

Sent from my iPhone 6s

It definitely seems to be a software issue. This only started happening after firing up Clear second carrier.

If it doesn't get fix tomorrow.  Let me know. I can reach out to exec team.

Update on Clear seconds carrier: Looks like the issue still persist. They ended up disabling the second carrier again. But when it was on it still had issues handing off.

At least they seem to be on top of it...

Update 2: Its really bad right now, cant seem to stay connected to any B41 sites outdoors at all.

• Like 2

Hopefully this means they found a fix. Mine are still borked!

i would assume you would have to go by time of activation of the second carrier, and time it from there. It took a week from the day it went live for these two sites to regain function.

i would assume you would have to go by time of activation of the second carrier, and time it from there. It took a week from the day it went live for these two sites to regain function.

Does it still do the frequency bumping where you bump down to band 26 or band 25

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Does it still do the frequency bumping where you bump down to band 26 or band 25

No it's fully operational handed off to the about 4 sectors driving through the area. Then to the Sprint site further down with no issues after running about 4 test 2 per site.

No it's fully operational handed off to the about 4 sectors driving through the area. Then to the Sprint site further down with no issues after running about 4 test 2 per site.

That sounds exactly what's causing the handoff issues

Issue has been resolved!!! Speeds are really special.

Last night on MetroNorth from Tremont to Harlem, I got 63 down near 149th/Park, and 79 down near Harlem/125th.  It was simply amazing.  I'm even getting B41 CA *INSIDE* my school, when before I was stuck on EVDO or 1X.  Really getting excited/happy with this progress.

Still having issues with CA in the Bronx and uptown Manhattan. Non-CA devices seem unaffected. Any others having issues?

One thing I've noticed is that when connected to certain Sprint B41 CA sites over the past few days, I have <1 Mbps down, and ping times >250ms.  I'm confident it's temporary based on the other amazing progress happening, but it is odd.