Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

http://www.androidcentral.com/googles-nexus-6-reportedly-spotted-engulfing-hand-its-user-bus-ride?utm_source=ac&utm_medium=dlvrit

Well apparently a Nexus 6 was spotted in the wild.  Again, who knows if this is actually a Nexus 6, but this just adds more fuel to the rumors floating around.

Reading the TKTechNews article about the Verizon and AT&T exclusive gave me a headache. That author can't write grammatically correct sentences to save his life. An "and" was missing the "d." Snapdragon was spelled with a space. Nexus wasn't capitalized in a few places. There were inconsistencies all over the place. I definitely would read this article with a grain of salt, and if he turns out right, well, then either his sources were correct or it was pure coincidence, and good for him, but I cannot take that kind of writing if they are aiming for credibility.

Tk Tech News is notorious for writing bs blog posts and doing bs YouTube videos to increase his hits. Take everything he says with a bucket of salt, not a grain.

He also said sprint is now going to throttle everyone whenever they want, rather than only the top 5%.... If you tell him he's wrong, he will cuss you out like a man child and delete your comments.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 4

About 10 AM my Nexus 5 down to 17% battery. Mostly streaming audio (KTRS). My buddy Don charges his 6+ every other day. It gets tempting to bite the Apple bullet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

About 10 AM my Nexus 5 down to 17% battery. Mostly streaming audio (KTRS). My buddy Don charges his 6+ every other day. It gets tempting to bite the Apple bullet.

When did you take it off the charge?

Wow...  it shouldn't be that bad.

If you are into rooting and stuff, try using Franco's kernel.  I was able to get over a days worth off each charge with approximately 4-5 hours of on screen time with my N5.  (But the iPhone 6 does give me better battery life)

I second rooting and installing franco's kernel. I regularly get ~5 hours of screen time with 26-28 hours of total usage per charge. This is including at least a few hours of Pandora during the day, off wifi all day, and flopping between 3g and searching for LTE (nearest tower is having ecsfb issues).

Sent from my 20CD00B4US using Tapatalk

Check if anything is causing wake/screen locks. That's faster than I have ever seen the battery discharge aside from streaming video non stop.

Reading the TKTechNews article about the Verizon and AT&T exclusive gave me a headache. That author can't write grammatically correct sentences to save his life. An "and" was missing the "d." Snapdragon was spelled with a space. Nexus wasn't capitalized in a few places. There were inconsistencies all over the place. I definitely would read this article with a grain of salt, and if he turns out right, well, then either his sources were correct or it was pure coincidence, and good for him, but I cannot take that kind of writing if they are aiming for credibility.

I Agree.  He doesn't know the difference between there & their either!  I had to chuckle at his writing skills. 

FYI just sold this phone.

My buddy "sold" his Note 3 on EBay and got a fake message made to look like it came from eBay that payment was received and send the phone to Nigeria. Keep an eye out if the buyer has no feedback yet.

• Like 1

My buddy "sold" his Note 3 on EBay and got a fake message made to look like it came from eBay that payment was received and send the phone to Nigeria. Keep an eye out if the buyer has no feedback yet.

Yep... I always make sure my buyers are legit. And I always make sure the money is in my Paypal account before shipping. I did have to deal with those Nigerian scam artists before, and I had to try a second chance offer to a 2nd place winner. In the end they didn't respond and I ended up relisting the item. Luckily, it sold for pretty much the same amount to a legit person.

Edit: Oh, there's also a reporting mechanism for eBay if you want to report a buyer. I ended up doing it for that specific account, but it takes a while because eBay allows a month or so for the buyer to try to fight the dispute. A month is soooo long when you're trying to sell something right away.

Creepy... I actually posted my ebay posting on my facebook and here last night. A friend needed a phone so I worked out a deal for her off ebay. Money is already on my paypal account and the phone is already on its way to her. :tu:

• Like 2

I'm enjoying my trip back to the N5 so far. Battery life is reasonable (for the use I'm giving it) and I really like going back down to a smaller device. 

Going to give it a couple days before I decide to keep this and sell my Note 3 though. I have an upgrade coming in May, so I won't have to wait long if I decide to get something new.

So I just filed an asurion claim for my nexus 5, paid $99 deductible, and they told me with no nexus 5 in stock I get a note 3, seems like a decent exchange.

• Like 2

So I just filed an asurion claim for my nexus 5, paid $99 deductible, and they told me with no nexus 5 in stock I get a note 3, seems like a decent exchange.

Cant they give you a triband Phone???

• Like 3

I wouldn't be able to live without Band 41.

Cant they give you a triband Phone???

I would be pissed.

• Like 2