Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Some days the battery isn't bad and others it's horrible. Today was a bad day. 8 1/2 hours on battery, all with decent signal really, over an hour was even on airplane mode. Screen on time was less than an hour and half as you can see, and shortly after these pictures it died on me.

post-9748-141358020087_thumb.png

post-9748-141358021918_thumb.png

OK cool. I'm considering flashing the preview but I'm just not sure how stable it is.

Much more stable than the early L preview. MMS works. This release is finalized as far as the APIs so it should be very stable with only a few minor bugs. It does not come with any google apps aside from the play store, so you'll have to install them yourself. First boot may leave you without mobile data, but a profile/PRL update resolves it.
  • Like 1

The new radio combined with the lollipop preview seems to like fringe LTE a lot more. The bar representation on lollipop has also changed and is more generous than on kitkat

Let me know if SignalCheck seems better/worse/etc.. I'm hoping to temporarily install L next week so I can try making it more stable.

-Mike

Let me know if SignalCheck seems better/worse/etc.. I'm hoping to temporarily install L next week so I can try making it more stable.

-Mike

Signal check works perfectly, just needs material design [emoji6]
  • Like 2

Some days the battery isn't bad and others it's horrible. Today was a bad day. 8 1/2 hours on battery, all with decent signal really, over an hour was even on airplane mode. Screen on time was less than an hour and half as you can see, and shortly after these pictures it died on me.

post-9748-141358403095_thumb.png

post-9748-141358404795_thumb.png

Check your wake locks. When you click on the graph in battery stats look at awake and screen on. Screen on and awake should roughly match. If awake is a solid blue line, if you are rooted you can use something like wake lock detector to see what's doing it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Okay I just noticed that quick charge 2.0 is on the nexus 5. The charger that comes with the lg g2 is a quick charge 2.0 charger. And if you use it on the nexus 5 it goes from 0 to 50 in exactly 20 mins.

Quick charge 2.0 is not on the Nexus 5. The SOC and power management IC do not support it.

Explain it charging just as fast as the G2 then? The Snapdragon 800 does indeed support quick charge 2.0 which it has

The Nexus 5 is not listed on Qualcomm's site as supporting QC2.0. This is due to the fact that the phone uses a TI battery management IC and not Qualcomm's. There is no way (software or otherwise) to enable QC2.0 on the Nexus 5.
  • Like 2

Will be in the United States shortly but wanted to know if anyone tested the new baseband swapping from the Sprint UICC card to a SIM card from either AT&T or T-Mobile.

Had the known connectivity issues on 4.4.4 related to swapping that were solved by flashing the 4.4.1/4.4.2 modem. Swapping from SIM to UICC no longer was problematic.

Wanted to know if those issues were resolved in Qualcomm's latest and greatest attempt.

Edited by phreshjive
  • Like 1

Will be in the United States shortly but wanted to know if anyone tested the new baseband swapping from the Sprint UICC card to a SIM card from either AT&T or T-Mobile.

Had the known connectivity issues on 4.4.4 related to swapping that were solved by flashing the 4.4.1/4.4.2 modem. Swapping from SIM to UICC no longer was problematic.

Wanted to know if those issues were resolved in Qualcomm's latest and greatest attempt.

I have both. At&t Sim gives me trouble from time to time but T-Mobile and sprint work just fine swapping out.

FYI...

I use sprint as my main carrier and I was Wondering about tethering and it doesn't not work on sprint using the lollypop preview. So I activated my T-Mobile Sim and tried out tethering and it works. Even on the $30 plan it works. So this leads me to believe that Google finally fixed that free tethering on any carrier glitch. Now this is with the stock tethering app built into lollypop.

So for any persons wanting to use lollipop just know if your plan doesn't include tethering it won't work.

Update on the new base band. Went on a foray down through st Louis today (road trip to pappy's BBQ) and I dropped b41 twice the whole trip. Once was purely because I went into a giant metal building. It holds onto b41 like a beast, multiple times I got down to a -140dbm signal and it was still holding steady and working fine. Apps started to time out once it got down to -145dbm though, and that's when it dropped the signal for b26. This radio is definitely my new favorite daily driver, and new favorite overall excluding the .15 radio for occasionally bypassing ecsfb/csfb issues.

• Like 3

Update on the new base band. Went on a foray down through st Louis today (road trip to pappy's BBQ) and I dropped b41 twice the whole trip. Once was purely because I went into a giant metal building. It holds onto b41 like a beast, multiple times I got down to a -140dbm signal and it was still holding steady and working fine. Apps started to time out once it got down to -145dbm though, and that's when it dropped the signal for b26.

-145!? Was that the weakest you saw? I'm going to have to some tweaking to SignalCheck.. wonder if the new baseband is compatible with KitKat?

EDIT: Per XDA, it works with 4.4.4, so I'm going to give it a shot too: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=56090777

-Mike

-145!? Was that the weakest you saw? I'm going to have to some tweaking to SignalCheck.. wonder if the new baseband is compatible with KitKat?

EDIT: Per XDA, it works with 4.4.4, so I'm going to give it a shot too: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=56090777

-Mike

That's the weakest stable signal, as in it sat at that level for awhile. It fluxed down to -150 at one point and immediately dropped at that point. The new radio is awesome I'd give it a shot, there's a flashable zip over on XDA in the modem thread.

That's the weakest stable signal, as in it sat at that level for awhile. It fluxed down to -150 at one point and immediately dropped at that point. The new radio is awesome I'd give it a shot, there's a flashable zip over on XDA in the modem thread.

Thanks. Just need to tweak some things in SignalCheck, I believe I set the ceiling at -140 awhile ago. I flashed the new radio on 4.4.4 and it seems to work fine. Haven't left home with it yet, will get some decent road testing in later tonight.

-Mike

• Like 1

Thanks. Just need to tweak some things in SignalCheck, I believe I set the ceiling at -140 awhile ago. I flashed the new radio on 4.4.4 and it seems to work fine. Haven't left home with it yet, will get some decent road testing in later tonight.

-Mike

Well that's odd, signal check reported a -141dbm I know for a fact. That's when I opened up the engineering screens because I couldn't believe it xD.