Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I found that the n5 had issues with keyed responses when you have a low signal. Nut only then. Toggling a sound on and off will have no effect. It is a coincidence

I even switched back to 3G and it was the same problem. Glad we have a fix though.

I even switched back to 3G and it was the same problem. Glad we have a fix though.

It could just be an error in the phone apk. Mine always fixed after ending and restarting the call. But I never experienced it with good signal

I've always had a slight delay making and receiving calls with full Gvoice integration (but perfectly usable), as of last night it has been lightning fast with outgoing and incoming calls. As if they upgraded the Gvoice backend.

i always had about a 12 second delay before the first ring when calling out when using the full GV integration.  i will have to give it a shot again...

i always had about a 12 second delay before the first ring when calling out when using the full GV integration. i will have to give it a shot again...

Me as well btwn 15-20 second delay ...now its zero delay.

Turn off LTE while in your home. Assuming you have WiFi. 

Just an update.  This is working for me so far. Calls are stable after changing preferred network type to 3G.  WiFi provides the data.  Kind of annoying to have to switch when leaving though, I may see if Tasker or some other app can automate this.

Thanks for the help guys.

Good to hear about GV's call delay being eliminated. The long delays before were very annoying.

Any word on Nexus 5 not ringing on some incoming calls? Has that been fixed?

GV conversations have been moved here...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5848-google-voice/

One thing i can say, i have not missed one call since day before yesterday, need more time to test but seems really promising so far..

Just an update. This is working for me so far. Calls are stable after changing preferred network type to 3G. WiFi provides the data. Kind of annoying to have to switch when leaving though, I may see if Tasker or some other app can automate this.

That's what I had to do due to marginal signal. Drives you nuts with the toggling and makes you hope for 800 LTE and 1x to make it to that area quickly.

• Like 1

Just an update.  This is working for me so far. Calls are stable after changing preferred network type to 3G.  WiFi provides the data.  Kind of annoying to have to switch when leaving though, I may see if Tasker or some other app can automate this.

If it is because of an e/CSFB issue then it should be fixed at some point. Did you get any type of error message when trying to make calls while on LTE? I know when i experienced CSFB problems i got the the "Mobile Network Not Available" message. I also have issues keeping LTE signal in my home and my office. Both have WiFi so it's not a huge deal. 

Also, which radio are you using?

If it is because of an e/CSFB issue then it should be fixed at some point. Did you get any type of error message when trying to make calls while on LTE? I know when i experienced CSFB problems i got the the "Mobile Network Not Available" message. I also have issues keeping LTE signal in my home and my office. Both have WiFi so it's not a huge deal.

Also, which radio are you using?

I never saw an error, just the call would be missed. Only time I saw an error is when I tried to text or call out. It would fail until I shut off LTE.

• Like 1

sorry... voice dictation.

the update has been pushed back, possibly due to LTE issues.

Does that mean that we are back to square one on the LTE configuration/settings? 

If so, that could be a significant amount of time before its resolved...

Does that mean that we are back to square one on the LTE configuration/settings? 

It has nothing to do with Sprint since the Spark update is already tested and verified to be working. It's something else in the overall Android update or affects another carrier. 

Also we have a unconfirmed memo that the update is coming tomorrow the 24th.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Also we have a unconfirmed memo that the update is coming tomorrow the 24th.

I still can't update hangouts through the play store! I'll be able to use a computer for more than 30 seconds tomorrow so maybe I'll sideload it.

I still can't update hangouts through the play store! I'll be able to use a computer for more than 30 seconds tomorrow so maybe I'll sideload it.

Anytime Google updates an app it usually takes a week to hit my phone. I haven't got the Calendar update our Hangouts yet.

After a day of waiting I just sideloaded it.  The perks of Android!

Anytime Google updates an app it usually takes a week to hit my phone. I haven't got the Calendar update our Hangouts yet.

I got it on the 6th day after the release. Really surprised it took that long and that it hasn't finished yet.

Supposedly someone over on xda knows someone who just got the 4.4.3 update. Seems kind of suspect, but maybe the 24th will turn out to be D-Day after all. There are screen shots in their thread if you're interested

• Like 2

Supposedly someone over on xda knows someone who just got the 4.4.3 update. Seems kind of suspect, but maybe the 24th will turn out to be D-Day after all. There are screen shots in their thread if you're interested

Sounding a little hesitant to commit over there. After all these teases I hope you are right.