Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

It doesn't have to be a nexus. Wouldn't any triband device provide the same result? Spark update or not. Shouldn't matter.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I don't think so because it wouldn't be apples to apples, right? Because this phone really isn't triband yet. Not until the update. I may be missing something...?

Use any Tri-band device in a sprint store. Spark is not going to solve ecsfb issues. If those devices are connecting fine to LTE then it is your device. If they aren't connecting then I would say ecsfb.

Oh OK I see.

I don't think so because it wouldn't be apples to apples, right? Because this phone really isn't triband yet. Not until the update. I may be missing something...?

No. It's still triband, single-path device. It should be an easy, 1 minute troubleshoot in a sprint store, or a friend with a triband sprint phone.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Ericsson has been busy forgetting to add eCSFB to sites all over again with band 26. There are a bunch of sites now that already had eCSFB active on band 25 which are now screwed up after their band 26 additions.

ralph-the-paste-eater.jpg

• Like 5

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/04/28/android-4-4-3-kitkat-release-details-leak/

Apologies if this was posted earlier, but it looks like HTC is to blame for the 4.4.3 release delay according to this article.

I skimmed the article and I don't believe that is what its implying. It simply stated leaked HTC release dates for devices that will receive 4.4.3 updates and devices essentially being discontinued from further updates.
  • Like 2

I skimmed the article and I don't believe that is what its implying. It simply stated leaked HTC release dates for devices that will receive 4.4.3 updates and devices essentially being discontinued from further updates.

i agree, i dont see anything linking the blame to HTC 

i agree, i dont see anything linking the blame to HTC 

"Software update release dates are dependent on the progress made in internal testing and at the moment, it doesn’t look like HTC has completed that testing for its Android 4.4.3 KitKat updates."

It's kind of vague in that aspect I guess. That's what I got out of reading it, but they could just be referring to HTC specific updates. but maybe it could be part of the reason, maybe not. Just thought it would be interesting to see what you guys thought.

"Software update release dates are dependent on the progress made in internal testing and at the moment, it doesn’t look like HTC has completed that testing for its Android 4.4.3 KitKat updates."[/size]

that's specific to HTC devices and there sense software ui overlay. Nothing to do with 4.4.3 for nexus 5 or other manufacturer releases.

Does the One having a google play edition model come in to play with this HTC article? Perhaps that is the holdup? Or is it Nexus > GPE Handsets > Dispersed to big 4

EDIT - And there I go reading the entire article and figuring it out for myself. 

Edited by zippychance

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/04/28/android-4-4-3-kitkat-release-details-leak/

Apologies if this was posted earlier, but it looks like HTC is to blame for the 4.4.3 release delay according to this article.

I don't read that in the article. Google isn't holding up the release because of HTC or any other phone manufacturer. It just says that HTC is testing the version that it has.

Gotta be mobile is a bad news source. All they do is sum up other information already available. They never have original content.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Oh OK I see.

I just quoted your last post, but this goes to the rest of the conversation. Everything you have post previously, and what you have posted today still confirms my thought that you have a defective device. There should be NO CSFB issues in your area. And you have been having this problem since before B26 could have even caused an issue.

You have a defective device.

Since you bought it from Sprint, you should be able to get support from them. If not, elevate to Google. You should not be having such a terrible time on the network. The Nexus 5 has the most powerful LTE reception of any device that Sprint currently offers. Anywhere another device gets LTE, you should get LTE too.

In the very minimal, practically null chance that it is a CSFB issue, compare against *ANY* other Tri-Band device to see if they are having issues.

Until you do that, no one here can help you any more than they already have.

• Like 10

Why is this difficult? Put into LTE Only mode. Drive around. If you are getting normal LTE signals where you go, the problem is CSFB. Also, you can compare with other Spark devices. It won't hurt anything. Because if it's CSFB, it will affect them all, not just the N5.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

Why is this difficult? Put into LTE Only mode. Drive around. If you are getting normal LTE signals where you go, the problem is CSFB. Also, you can compare with other Spark devices. It won't hurt anything. Because if it's CSFB, it will affect them all, not just the N5.

Whoa..relax guys. Seriously. I appreciate the input and will do as you guys say. I definitely appreciate the input for sure but not the sarcasm. Geez!! I'll report back my findings later today.

Whoa..relax guys. Seriously. I appreciate the input and will do as you guys say. I definitely appreciate the input for sure but not the sarcasm. Geez!! I'll report back my findings later today.

You thought I was being sarcastic?  I was not being sarcastic.  I will have to work on my tone.  I was trying to get across fatherly and direct.

Robert

• Like 5

You thought I was being sarcastic?  I was not being sarcastic.  I will have to work on my tone.  I was trying to get across fatherly and direct.

Robert

Ha well thanks. I am not as tech savvy as most in this forum (which is why this has been difficult to grasp for me) but I'm still the king nerd in my circle of friends.

Ha well thanks. I am not as tech savvy as most in this forum (which is why this has been difficult to grasp for me) but I'm still the king nerd in my circle of friends.

It is all relative! ;)

• Like 2

Robert

Father Robert? :lol:

• Like 2

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you do  LTE only mode? Are we talking Preferred Network types or something else?