Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

So what you are suggesting is that I don't have a defective nexus 5 and that the spark update will fix the issues that are destroying my life...er...am experiencing?

Have you confirmed it isn't the phone? Still find it hard to believe that band 25 LTE is hard to find in your area.

• Like 1

[quoall as name=kojitsari" post="312361" timestamp="1398706388]Ecsfb/csfb is related to tower/network issues, so the spark update won't fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Central Atlanta supposedly doesn't have any eCSFB issues at all as they were upgraded months ago. So I just really wanna know if it's just my phone or these eCSFB issues...which has essentially made my triband lte phone a 3G phone of yesteryear.

Have you confirmed it isn't the phone? Still find it hard to believe that band 25 LTE is hard to find in your area.

Hey digi...no b25 LTE is everywhere here. Has been for about 18 months. Zero issues on the gs4 but it was a single band LTE phone..so no eCSFB issues. This n5 can't get LTE anywhere my gs4 did except in rare instances for 3 or 4 minutes at a time.

Central Atlanta supposedly doesn't have any eCSFB issues at all as they were upgraded months ago. So I just really wanna know if it's just my phone or these eCSFB issues...which has essentially made my triband lte phone a 3G phone of yesteryear.

I don't keep track of the Atlanta market so that's something I can't really comment on. Is it possible they're doing some sort of tower upgrade in your area? Maybe they accidentally screwed something up. You could see if its csfb/ecsfb issues by forcing your n5 into LTE only mode in the places you're having issues. If your phone connects while in LTE only mode but not LTE (recommended) or global then it's ecsfb/csfb.

• Like 1

I don't keep track of the Atlanta market so that's something I can't really comment on. Is it possible they're doing some sort of tower upgrade in your area? Maybe they accidentally screwed something up. You could see if its csfb/ecsfb issues by forcing your n5 into LTE only mode in the places you're having issues. If your phone connects while in LTE only mode but not LTE (recommended) or global then it's ecsfb/csfb.

I know how to put it in LTE (recommend) but I'm not familiar with LTE only. I don't see that option or is it enabled via other means. It's currently in LTE (recommended) and has been all along.

Hey digi...no b25 LTE is everywhere here. Has been for about 18 months. Zero issues on the gs4 but it was a single band LTE phone..so no eCSFB issues. This n5 can't get LTE anywhere my gs4 did except in rare instances for 3 or 4 minutes at a time.

Still bet your phone is bad. I would see about going to a store to compare to another triband phone. Or find someone that has one.

• Like 1

Still bet your phone is bad. I would see about going to a store to compare to another triband phone. Or find someone that has one.

I just wish there were a way to definitively know so I would know whether to reach out to Google for a replacement phone or just simply wait for the issues to resolve themselves.

I just wish there were a way to definitively know so I would know whether to reach out to Google for a replacement phone or just simply wait for the issues to resolve themselves.

I just told you how to know.

• Like 2

[ name=digiblur" post="312403" timestamp="1398711616]I just told you how to know.

Well true but it couldn't just be any triband phone as my n5 obviously isn't yet spark enabled. So in order to establish an effective baseline, it would have to be another n5 in the same location. My local Sprint store has no live demo of an N5 as I've already tried that. No one I know nor live with nor work with has a Sprint N5 either. Hence, my dilemma.

I know how to put it in LTE (recommend) but I'm not familiar with LTE only. I don't see that option or is it enabled via other means. It's currently in LTE (recommended) and has been all along.

In the dialer do *#*#INFO#*#* > Phone Info > Scroll down and change "Set Preferred Network Type" to LTE Only.

[ name=digiblur" post="312403" timestamp="1398711616]I just told you how to know.

Well true but it couldn't just be any triband phone as my n5 obviously isn't yet spark enabled. So in order to establish an effective baseline, it would have to be another n5 in the same location. My local Sprint store has no live demo of an N5 as I've already tried that. No one I know nor live with nor work with has a Sprint N5 either. Hence, my dilemma.

Use any Tri-band device in a sprint store. Spark is not going to solve ecsfb issues. If those devices are connecting fine to LTE then it is your device. If they aren't connecting then I would say ecsfb.

I recommend the nexus 5 field test app from the play store. It has shortcuts to all of the hidden menus/engineering screens.

OK i did that. Weak b25 LTE signal.

Then I highly doubt your phone is defective. That sounds like ecsf/csfb issues or they're doing some sort of tower work. If your location is supposed to have ecsfb/csfb live and working then I'd swing by your local tower and see if they're doing work, and I'd call Sprint customer care or whatever it is to let them know what's going on(granted they're usually useless but its still worth it).

Then I highly doubt your phone is defective. That sounds like ecsf/csfb issues or they're doing some sort of tower work. If your location is supposed to have ecsfb/csfb live and working then I'd swing by your local tower and see if they're doing work, and I'd call Sprint customer care or whatever it is to let them know what's going on(granted they're usually useless but its still worth it).

Cool. Thanks for your input. It's been going on for more than 6 weeks but perhaps you're right. I did call them a few weeks ago but they said no tower work was going on.

Cool. Thanks for your input. It's been going on for more than 6 weeks but perhaps you're right. I did call them a few weeks ago but they said no tower work was going on.

Well it could have been past work and they just screwed something up. I highly doubt someone is going to freely admit to having done it. That's also why I said the support isn't really useful, they oftentimes don't know squat. Could you maybe go into a cooperate store and get a manager to see if they can find records of work that was done/is being done?

It doesn't have to be a nexus. Wouldn't any triband device provide the same result? Spark update or not. Shouldn't matter.

Sent from my Nexus 5

That is exactly what I said earlier but he isn't liking that answer I guess. If it was ecsfb it would mess with all tri-band phones.

I could be wrong, but do not understand how Atlanta would not have eCSFB solved by now...  Also, the Nexus 5 has by far the best radio of any Sprint phone.  The only reasonable explanation is that your phone is broken or not correctly configured.  I was almost thinking a SIM error, but you made it sound like you would connect to LTE from time to time.  Something is just not adding up here.

I could be wrong, but do not understand how Atlanta would not have eCSFB solved by now...  Also, the Nexus 5 has by far the best radio of any Sprint phone.  The only reasonable explanation is that your phone is broken or not correctly configured.  I was almost thinking a SIM error, but you made it sound like you would connect to LTE from time to time.  Something is just not adding up here.

Ericsson has been busy forgetting to add eCSFB to sites all over again with band 26. There are a bunch of sites now that already had eCSFB active on band 25 which are now screwed up after their band 26 additions.

• Like 4

Ericsson has been busy forgetting to add eCSFB to sites all over again with band 26. There are a bunch of sites now that already had eCSFB active on band 25 which are now screwed up after their band 26 additions.

Interesting, I had not heard of this yet.  I stand corrected.

This has been reported in the Tampa thread as well. 

• Like 1

Interesting, I had not heard of this yet. I stand corrected.

Been busted for a couple weeks I think now. Kicking users to 3g sometimes. It's the reason I said to compare it with another triband phone.

• Like 1