Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

My CDMA roaming mode was already set to Automatic, so even if that could help it won't help me, but thanks for trying.

After looking into this more I think it may be a network handoff issue.  Maybe someone with more knowledge of how the network works can let me know, but when I place a voice call Signal Check reports that I am on 1x800.  According to the NV Complete maps in the sponsor section there is a tower near me that has 1x800 but not LTE and there is a tower near me that has LTE but not 1x800.  My theory is that my phone is switching between these towers depending on what signal type i'm requesting and there is an issue with the handoff.  Does that sound reasonable?

Turn off LTE while in your home. Assuming you have WiFi. 

• Like 1

My CDMA roaming mode was already set to Automatic, so even if that could help it won't help me, but thanks for trying.

After looking into this more I think it may be a network handoff issue.  Maybe someone with more knowledge of how the network works can let me know, but when I place a voice call Signal Check reports that I am on 1x800.  According to the NV Complete maps in the sponsor section there is a tower near me that has 1x800 but not LTE and there is a tower near me that has LTE but not 1x800.  My theory is that my phone is switching between these towers depending on what signal type i'm requesting and there is an issue with the handoff.  Does that sound reasonable?

If one site has been NV cluster launched and the other site hasn't, you will get dropped. I work in a place that has been cluster launched and live in a place that hasn't so any phone call I'm on when I cross the threshold gets dropped.  I'm not sure if that's your issue but if your house is near that boarder that's most likely what is happening.

• Like 1

Re the Spark update. I'm pretty convinced that Sprint is not at fault here. I believe they had it ready to go several weeks ago, but Google, for whatever reason, decided to throw the update in with another update (4.4.3). However, Google's release schedule on that update was not in line with Sprint's anticipated release schedule on the Spark update (early 2014). Moreover, once the update was finalized and released for internal beta testing, they discovered an issue and the has been held back even longer. That's what I think happened. 

I wonder if this will make Sprint hesitant to offer an open, cross-carrier device like the Nexus 5 in the future. 

I think the point has been made, the posy was deleted, lets move on and continue talkon ways we can help our situations. You can argue all you want it will not get the post back. Just post something that others have known to try,but if it only works for one person it sounds kind of irrelevant. And continued arguing with staff is a good way to end in bannedlandia :P

• Like 1

Don't know if anyone noticed a substantial increase in stability with full blown Gvoice integration enabled. Calls are coming in swiftly and outgoing calls have 0 delay.

Lots will be ecstatic to hear that. 

Lots will be ecstatic to hear that.

This could have something to do with the way the calls are being routed. Considering that hangouts got a nice update yesterday, I would not put it past Google doing some much needed upgrades to address these nagging issues before fully integrating hangouts and Gvoice.
  • Like 1

Don't know if anyone noticed a substantial increase in stability with full blown Gvoice integration enabled. Calls are coming in swiftly and outgoing calls have 0 delay.

as in something has changed VERY recently?  can anyone else confirm or deny this?  i have always found full GV integration unusable on the N5.

• Like 1

I've never had an issue with full GV integration. I've used it pretty much since it was first offered across a suite of devices. Guess I've been lucky.

• Like 1

I've never had an issue with full GV integration. I've used it pretty much since it was first offered across a suite of devices. Guess I've been lucky.

Same. Never had an issue with integration. Been using it since it first came out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've wanted to use Integrated GV, but I still have mine as separate since I have a second number I use with it and I don't think you can have your Sprint number and GV number fully integrated simultaneously.

I've wanted to use Integrated GV, but I still have mine as separate since I have a second number I use with it and I don't think you can have your Sprint number and GV number fully integrated simultaneously.

I had a gv number before integrating and Google had an option when I was switching over to pay 20 dollars and keep my Google voice number. I doubt much has changed just based on how little other aspects of Google voice have changed since I integrated.

Nope, it's one or the other. I choose to integrate my Sprint number, and kept my old GV number on the side just in case. Can't make calls with it, but can receive calls and texts to that number on my phone.

Nope, it's one or the other. I choose to integrate my Sprint number, and kept my old GV number on the side just in case. Can't make calls with it, but can receive calls and texts to that number on my phone.

I stand partially corrected.

I stand partially corrected.

No you're still correct, his post doesn't contradict yours.

You do still have to pay to keep the GV number. But I chose to not integrate it, rather than keep it as an extension and integrate my Sprint number.

Can you make outbound calls that show up as the non integrated number?

Can you make outbound calls that show up as the non integrated number?

I still can, but I have mine set up for my Sprint calls to be forwarded there for VM. It handles it well.

I still can, but I have mine set up for my Sprint calls to be forwarded there for VM. It handles it well.

I meant with one integrated and one non integrated number on the same account. Per dkoellers comment.

• Like 1

I've always had a slight delay making and receiving calls with full Gvoice integration (but perfectly usable), as of last night it has been lightning fast with outgoing and incoming calls. As if they upgraded the Gvoice backend.

as in something has changed VERY recently?  can anyone else confirm or deny this?  i have always found full GV integration unusable on the N5.

Google just upgraded Hangouts, so could be related, not a fact, but it sure seems that way considering the performance difference.