Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I personally do not see why people are talking class action over a software update. Where were these people when the locked to boot loader on the photon and put android 2.3.5?

Guys need to chill a bit... Do you want t a fast release and poor experience or slow release and better experience?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I personally do not see why people are talking class action over a software update. Where were these people when the locked to boot loader on the photon and put android 2.3.5?

Guys need to chill a bit... Do you want t a fast release and poor experience or slow release and better experience?

...and after rereading my post... The innuendo was not intended... But equal to it I guess too

Edited by jonathanlc2005

Is there a reason why this phone continues to go to GLOBAL when LTE is recommended under Preferred Network Type?

I'm curious myself.  I see this changed everytime I do a PRL or Profile update.  But with my short sample size, I do notice better coverage in global.  My guess is "LTE (Recommended)" is baked into the Google rom, and "Global" is default for Sprint with their network (hence the change from Sprint network type updates).  But that's only my guess.

I'm curious myself.  I see this changed everytime I do a PRL or Profile update.  But with my short sample size, I do notice better coverage in global.  My guess is "LTE (Recommended)" is baked into the Google rom, and "Global" is default for Sprint with their network (hence the change from Sprint network type updates).  But that's only my guess.

simple... it recognizes the simcard... 

I've been using the. 15 radio for the past 4 days instead of my HTC One max and this radio makes the device pretty much act like a single band with very quick reception times. As a recently made one max has been jumping between 3G and 4G I think the two towers work and issues so it's nice to have something that's consistent again

I'm curious myself. I see this changed everytime I do a PRL or Profile update. But with my short sample size, I do notice better coverage in global. My guess is "LTE (Recommended)" is baked into the Google rom, and "Global" is default for Sprint with their network (hence the change from Sprint network type updates). But that's only my guess.

If anything, it would be the other way around. LTE puts the phone in CDMA/LTE mode. Global puts the phone in CDMA/GSM/LTE mode. That's it.

-Mike

im wondering... anyone else know if other networks have issues with the different radios? i.e. Did the .23 radio improve performance on GSM networks?

No difference when using it on band 4 or band 17.

I really cannot wait till the update releases. This WiFi lockup is really annoying

Had that issue this morning. It's pretty annoying but doesn't seem to happen that often.

Had that issue this morning. It's pretty annoying but doesn't seem to happen that often.

Everyday for me... My nexus 5 and 7... Because the campus here is thick concrete. No one has signal or barely

My battery life has been significantly better since the camera update. Guess that bug affected me more than I realized.

Same here. I honestly didn't think I was being affected by it at all. I guess I was wrong.

My battery is almost the worst in a phone I've ever seen. I'm stock with almost nothing running, and that snapdragon battery guru. It's like 1% a minute while using it.

My battery is almost the worst in a phone I've ever seen. I'm stock with almost nothing running, and that snapdragon battery guru. It's like 1% a minute while using it.

Really? I'm completely stock now with just battery guru going and I'm getting 21 hours and 15 minutes of use, 3 and half hours of screen time. How many apps do you have set to refresh and when does your low power mode and etc activate?

Really? I'm completely stock now with just battery guru going and I'm getting 21 hours and 15 minutes of use, 3 and half hours of screen time. How many apps do you have set to refresh and when does your low power mode and etc activate?

All my processes are 10% or less other than screen

7apu7uta.jpg

All my processes are 10% or less other than screen

7apu7uta.jpg

Sorry I should've been more clear. In the battery guru app you can click the apps header and set refresh settings for various apps. Thats what I was referring to.

Also, your network signal is really spotty... That drains battery.

Mine is worse than his 90%+ of the time so I doubt that is what's causing him to get half of what I do.