Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Google is just a company full of idiots apparently since they've had over 5 months to figure this Spark thing out.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

Google is just a company full of idiots apparently since they've had over 5 months to figure this Spark thing out.

We don't know that spark is the reason for the hold up. I would bet that it isn't and that some other bug is holding up the update, the planned delivery method for spark.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry, but they shouldn't have done it that way. That's my official stance on Google. I think some other carrier paid them off to cripple the Spark update so Sprint users don't have access.

Please, tell me how you would do it faster and better than full time experienced software engineers. Also, the modem software is most likely handled by LG/Qualcomm engineers, not Google.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I said it earlier this week and I still think another carrier is complaining about some insignificant "bug" to Google and intentionally holding up this update. Specifically to keep the Spark enhancements away from Sprint users.

They have succeeded.

this is wrong

Since I've been away from Sprint and the forums would someone help bring me back up to speed on something.  In order to "quickly" connect to LTE data on the towers around my home town I had to toggle airplane mode before it would connect LTE.  This was on known good LTE towers.  Later this evening while driving into another town nearby it took 5-10 minutes after I was inside of the coverage of another good LTE tower before my phone switched to LTE.  I really don't think the N5 is the problem.  While on AT&T I rarely dropped to HSPA and there was little to no lag time when connecting to a known LTE towers.  No airplane mode toggling needed.

Since I've been away from Sprint and the forums would someone help bring me back up to speed on something. In order to "quickly" connect to LTE data on the towers around my home town I had to toggle airplane mode before it would connect LTE. This was on known good LTE towers. Later this evening while driving into another town nearby it took 5-10 minutes after I was inside of the coverage of another good LTE tower before my phone switched to LTE. I really don't think the N5 is the problem. While on AT&T I rarely dropped to HSPA and there was little to no lag time when connecting to a known LTE towers. No airplane mode toggling needed.

The reason why there is a long delay sometimes is the scan time for LTE being set to 30 min intervals (at least on sprint). This means that the phone is only going to look for LTE every 30 minutes. I have a feeling this will be shortened in the future once sprint has more widespread LTE coverage.

The reason why there is a long delay sometimes is the scan time for LTE being set to 30 min intervals (at least on sprint). This means that the phone is only going to look for LTE every 30 minutes. I have a feeling this will be shortened in the future once sprint has more widespread LTE coverage.

The scan times vary by phone model/manufacturer , and are not set at 30 minutes. 

So please don't attack me for being new to some of this but I got my MSL from Sprint today (they were way sketched out that i asked for it) so that I could manually enable bands 26 and 41 on my phone. I also have signal check pro installed on my phone. How do I know which band I'm connected to via signal check pro or some other means? And..as I've mentioned before.. my N5 has a VERY hard time finding an LTE signal in areas with excellent LTE coverage so my encounters with it are a bit fleeting. But...still..I would like to know.

So please don't attack me for being new to some of this but I got my MSL from Sprint today (they were way sketched out that i asked for it) so that I could manually enable bands 26 and 41 on my phone. I also have signal check pro installed on my phone. How do I know which band I'm connected to via signal check pro or some other means? And..as I've mentioned before.. my N5 has a VERY hard time finding an LTE signal in areas with excellent LTE coverage so my encounters with it are a bit fleeting. But...still..I would like to know.

Signal check should tell you the band by adding B41 or B26 after the sprint designation.

• Like 1

Signal check should tell you the band by adding B41 or B26 after the sprint designation.

OK thanks. And I'm amused right now because I'm on 19th street in midtown Atlanta.. an area with wall to wall outdoor LTE coverage..and my N5 is stuck in 3G. Next time I can force it to latch onto LTE I will see what band I'm on. Will it mention b25 or no? You said it would indicate bands 26 and 41 but will it also say b25 where applicable?

OK thanks. And I'm amused right now because I'm on 19th street in midtown Atlanta.. an area with wall to wall outdoor LTE coverage..and my N5 is stuck in 3G. Next time I can force it to latch onto LTE I will see what band I'm on. Will it mention b25 or no? You said it would indicate bands 26 and 41 but will it also say b25 where applicable?

There might be CSFB issues in your area, which is why the N5 won't connect. If you are on B25 there won't be anything extra to indicate that.

I said it earlier this week and I still think another carrier is complaining about some insignificant "bug" to Google and intentionally holding up this update. Specifically to keep the Spark enhancements away from Sprint users.

They have succeeded.

First you'd have to believe Google would delay said release based on the report. This is possible if they want more time to investigate it, but I'm assuming they already soak tested the release on all 3 North American carriers and didn't find an issue (if you are going this route). The bigger problem is if you buy into this line of thinking AT&T or Magenta are using google to screw with Sprint. That in itself may sound ok (it doesn't to me...).  Google isn't going to go for that, and the Uncarrier doesn't want to screw up any relationship they have with google. The logic here is massively flawed.

There might be CSFB issues in your area, which is why the N5 won't connect. If you are on B25 there won't be anything extra to indicate that.

My understanding of eCSFB issues was that it only applied to non NV upgraded 3g towers. Thankfully those don't exist anywhere around here and so I'm inclined to believe that it has nothing to do with eCSFB issues. I took my phone to Sprint and they were about to close and had zero interest in actually having the tech look at it. I was pissed. And not in the British way

My understanding of eCSFB issues was that it only applied to non NV upgraded 3g towers. Thankfully those don't exist anywhere around here and so I'm inclined to believe that it has nothing to do with eCSFB issues. I took my phone to Sprint and they were about to close and had zero interest in actually having the tech look at it. I was pissed. And not in the British way

CSFB is an issue for upgraded towers, not old ones.

I am almost certain you're seeing eCSFB issues. How long have you experienced this issue?

I am almost certain you're seeing eCSFB issues. How long have you experienced this issue?

eCSFB / CSFB issues occur when the base station firmware are not updated to enable eCSFB / CSFB functionality. NV 3G =/= eCSFB. Ericsson network management still has to push the update to the individual sites and they take their sweet sweet time to do so. 

I guess anything is possible, but all of this "other carriers are out to get Sprint" talk just seems kind of...I don't know, tinfoil hat ish?  I don't think the other carriers care all that much about what Sprint is doing at current, especially an update that's going to effect such a small number of users.

Regardless, I guess this at least definitively answers the question of whether it's Sprint or Google that's the hold up, so we've got that going for us.

• Like 7

Ah...OK. Wow I hope you're correct. That would mean that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, never mind how distant. But I'm sooooooo extremely frustrated because I went from a great 4g phone (galaxy s4) to what FEELS LIKE a 3g phone. I can't with this!! Oh...and I've experienced these issues since I bought this phone one month ago.

• Like 1

I guess anything is possible, but all of this "other carriers are out to get Sprint" talk just seems kind of...I don't know, tinfoil hat ish? I don't think the other carriers care all that much about what Sprint is doing at current, especially an update that's going to effect such a small number of users.

Regardless, I guess this at least definitively answers the question of whether it's Sprint or Google that's the hold up, so we've got that going for us.

It's not ALL this talk. Not very many people have subscribed to the idea at all, really.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

There is no technical Spark issues remaining to be resolved. Sprint has soak tested and approved. The ball is completely in Google's court. Spark is not the reason for the delay in Google holding the OTA. We will get it when Google is darn ready.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 7