Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Well, that's a bummer. I would guess we are looking at the end of April, based on the "dogfooding" report of a week ago.

At least we can be fairly confident now that the Spark update will be included in 4.4.3. 

I think this is all Adam G's fault. Dan made him a promise that it would be released on Monday, and he had to follow through, even though it wasn't his promise to make, but Google's!

Yeah for me, waiting a couple more weeks would be fine, as long as Spark is included.  That was the big thing i was worried about.

Well, that's a bummer. I would guess we are looking at the end of April, based on the "dogfooding" report of a week ago.

At least we can be fairly confident now that the Spark update will be included in 4.4.3. 

I think this is all Adam G's fault. Dan made him a promise that it would be released on Monday, and he had to follow through, even though it wasn't his promise to make, but Google's!

Where's my plate of crow to eat.  :/

Well this stinks. I spent a lot of money on a tri-band device. If I would have known it was going to be like this I would have held on to my old device and saved my money. Pretty disappointed in this.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

According to ting it's the end of may.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Now where would Ting get information than Sprint has?  I'm not disagreeing with you it just seems strange that Sprint would post incorrect information, or if it was correct but Google pulled the update, that Ting would have this new information so quickly.

• Like 1

Now where would Ting get information than Sprint has?  I'm not disagreeing with you it just seems strange that Sprint would post incorrect information, or if it was correct but Google pulled the update, that Ting would have this new information so quickly.

that info is from 3 days ago to be fair

Well this stinks. I spent a lot of money on a tri-band device. If I would have known it was going to be like this I would have held on to my old device and saved my money. Pretty disappointed in this.

You bought the device knowing that Triband was in the future. That is still accurate.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You bought the device knowing that Triband was in the future. That is still accurate.

Advertised as software update in early 2014*

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

Advertised as software update in early 2014*

Sent from my Nexus 5

Don't get me wrong, I want triband as much as the next person, but you should buy phones for what they do not what they will do in the future.

I'm glad I sent my N5 back and got a 5S. Dual band is better then waiting on pins and needles for months for tri-band to be activated!

N5 is essentially dual-band right now since it works fine with B26. No different than the 5s, except it has the potential to work fine with B41 as soon as the update happens.

• Like 4

Don't get me wrong, I want triband as much as the next person, but you should buy phones for what they do not what they will do in the future.

We know better but, to be fair this phone says it is Spark capable out the box on Sprints website and advertising. And they said early 2014 was when it would be updated.

• Like 1

We know better but, to be fair this phone says it is Spark capable out the box on Sprints website and advertising. 

And I purchased it based off of that. I didn't realize it couldn't handle Spark until I came here wondering why my speeds were so low.  Certainly annoyed but it isn't the end of the world. It will make me hesitant on my next purchase and puts another notch in the column for considering a move to TMO and the cheaper plans off contract. 

When the device was released it was advertised as a Spark device. Nothing said in the future the device would be Spark capable right?

As I recall it was determined after initial sales that a update would be required to enable Spark.

Again this is what I recall what do others remember? Did Sprint say a update would be necessary to enable Spark before it went on sale or was that post release/sale?

Can we clarify this because I really want to know now. I could be wrong and that is fine but what actually happened?

As I recall it was determined after initial sales that a update would be required to enable Spark.

Again this is what I recall what do others remember? Did Sprint say a update would be necessary to enable Spark before it went on sale or was that post release/sale?

Can we clarify this because I really want to know now. I could be wrong and that is fine but what actually happened?

Launched as a future update to enable Spark http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/sprint-to-launch-nexus-5-by-lg-smartphone-on-nov-8-14999-with-sprint-unlimited-data-guarantee-for-life.htm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

When the device was released it was advertised as a Spark device. Nothing said in the future the device would be Spark capable right?

When the device was officially announced, it was stated that it would require a future update to enable Spark.

If your location is still correct as New Orleans Metro, there is just protection sites there that probably haven't even been touched. I'm not trying to knock your decision... just thought by the time B41 gets mainstream and actually deployed on current Sprint locations around you, you would probably already be looking at upgrading your phone any way. 

We know better but, to be fair this phone says it is Spark capable out the box on Sprints website and advertising. And they said early 2014 was when it would be updated.

On the Website it says spark coming soon via update. Everyone should know issues arise especially if an update is required for certain features. Plus I am sure Tmobile is throwing a fit to google, and claiming issues on their end. causing them to further investigate. If google is letting Another carrier stop an update, than I am sure they could find a way to push it only to Phones with Sprint sims in it.

Let's all just take a breather here. Honestly, we have been dealing with no spark for a long time and they pushed updates to fix the camera independently of a full system update. It will come soon. If it never comes then file a class action lawsuit if you are that upset about it. My guess is sprint will be forced to let people out of contracts and take returns on N5s if spark never comes. I am just as annoyed by the delays but all this complaining here won't do anything. Email dan@sprint if you want to complain about the delays.

• Like 6

Let's all just take a breather here. Honestly, we have been dealing with no spark for a long time and they pushed updates to fix the camera independently of a full system update. It will come soon. If it never comes then file a class action lawsuit if you are that upset about it. My guess is sprint will be forced to let people out of contracts and take returns on N5s if spark never comes. I am just as annoyed by the delays but all this complaining here won't do anything. Email dan@sprint if you want to complain about the delays.

What this guy said :).

But really, I'm confident Spark is coming. Heck, we even know it's in the next update. We even know that the update exists somewhere out there, but it's not being pushed to the public yet. It's basically 100% confirmed that Spark is in the next update. We're just waiting for Google to finalize the update process.

• Like 3