Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Did I miss something... when did the Nexus 5 have access to B26 without the Spark update? I believe the Nexus 5 has access to 800 CDMA.

26 and 41 can be enabled in the #DEBUG menu

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Did I miss something... when did the Nexus 5 have access to B26 without the Spark update? I believe the Nexus 5 has access to 800 CDMA.

Yeah.... All you have to do is enable it and it works. On any radio. See the premier thread, posted a lot about it a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Will playing around with the bands through the Nexus 5 app mess anything up when the spark update comes?

No unless you are rooted it will not mess anything up when the update comes out.

Was 4.4.2 pulled when it rolled out? Why?

I don't think 4.4.2 was pulled. 4.4.2 rolled out real quick after 4.4.1 however to fix an issue.  The below article explains it better.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12/09/sprint-says-the-nexus-5-is-getting-an-update-to-kot49h-today-but-what-happened-to-kot49e/

I've never seen a company take so long to fix bugs. I have data connection drop issue. Only on 3g though. Got a new nexus, Sim same thing. Not phone or tower but rather software.

LOL you haven't around very long then.  Companies failing to fix bugs or offer updates in a "timely" manner use to happen and continues to happen all the time.  Before Apple and Google entered this market you could count on buying a phone and never receiving an update.

• Like 2

I think what a lot of people are failing to realize is that the Nexus 5 is an unlocked unbranded phone and Sprint has little to no say in the matter. We are immensely lucky that Sprint allows this phone on their network at all. It's unheard of for a CDMA carrier to allow unlocked devices on their network, at least in this country. Well maybe not entirely since some prepaid and smaller carriers may allow it but a major carrier has never officially supported anything like this.

My point is, don't be so hard on Sprint as they have little to do with it. I see people threatening to complain to Dan and run to another carrier. That's the worst thing to do in my opinion. Just what we need is Sprint deciding it was too much hassle allowing an unbranded device on their network and we can say goodbye to the Nexus 6 or whatever comes next.

• Like 7

I think what a lot of people are failing to realize is that the Nexus 5 is an unlocked unbranded phone and Sprint has little to no say in the matter. We are immensely lucky that Sprint allows this phone on their network at all. It's unheard of for a CDMA carrier to allow unlocked devices on their network, at least in this country. Well maybe not entirely since some prepaid and smaller carriers may allow it but a major carrier has never officially supported anything like this.

My point is, don't be so hard on Sprint as they have little to do with it. I see people threatening to complain to Dan and run to another carrier. That's the worst thing to do in my opinion. Just what we need is Sprint deciding it was too much hassle allowing an unbranded device on their network and we can say goodbye to the Nexus 6 or whatever comes next.

If anything its not a hassle to sprint. They don't have to worry about software optimizations. They need to keep nexus crowd. Because it would be too easy for them to switch.

LOL you haven't around very long then.  Companies failing to fix bugs or offer updates in a "timely" manner use to happen and continues to happen all the time.  Before Apple and Google entered this market you could count on buying a phone and never receiving an update.

i know companies fail to fix software problems.  I work for a company that has had an issue over a year.  

I'm not panicking. Just funny how (I don't know what your talking about) Google and (it's coming, I promise) Sprint are handling this. Looks like Sprint is still claiming it's currently being rolled out. Hard to imagine no one has reported this yet through all the Android communities, twitter, etc. See below from sprint community page yesterday:

14. Re: 4/14 - Google Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84F

[https://community][https://community]

SprintCare Apr 17, 2014 8:56 PM (in response to coasterphotos)

Hello coasterphotos, Updates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. Watch out for your update and keep us posted. Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care

I'm not panicking. Just funny how (I don't know what your talking about) Google and (it's coming, I promise) Sprint are handling this. Looks like Sprint is still claiming it's currently being rolled out. Hard to imagine no one has reported this yet through all the Android communities, twitter, etc. See below from sprint community page yesterday:

14. Re: 4/14 - Google Nexus 5 Software Update - KTU84F

[https://community][https://community]

SprintCare Apr 17, 2014 8:56 PM (in response to coasterphotos)

Hello coasterphotos, Updates are sent out in waves to avoid the system overloading. Watch out for your update and keep us posted. Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care

If it isn't then I wouldn't be surprised if Google hasn't updated them. I've worked with large companies a lot and it's surprising how little they actually communicate when they are "collaborating".

When we were manually enable the bands on the Nexus 5 did anyone confirm Sprin Spark speeds? DId not work for me anywhere in Chicago. Will this update have other software updates that will allow the update to work?

When we were manually enable the bands on the Nexus 5 did anyone confirm Sprin Spark speeds? DId not work for me anywhere in Chicago. Will this update have other software updates that will allow the update to work?

This update will be to enable Sprint Spark bands 41 and 26. Enabling b41 in the data menu does not allow b41 connection work(correctly). We have seen the N5 working well with B26 with b26 enabled though.

People can rig with varying amount of success by toggling bands manually, flashing certain radios/custom profiles.

The update will allow spark to work 100% normally (at least we expect to, prob to many variables to work properly in every single scenario)

My main issue is the timing. Fault aside, we were told from day 1 'early 2014'. We are in the middle of the second quarter.

I'd guess its still going to become widely available in the next two weeks.

We're going to put this thread on ice for a few hours. You all can continue your rants where they're beneficial to you and S4GRU:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/lg/nexus-5

Edited by lilotimz
  • Like 13

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your response via Dan@Sprint.com. We appreciate you e-mail

regarding the software update to enable the Sprint Spark feature on your

Google Nexus 5. I sincerely apologize for any frustration this has

caused you.

Google Network was to release a software update for the Google Nexus 5

as of April 14, 2014 however; a communication was received yesterday

that Google has postponed this update. Sprint is in communication with

Google and all feedback received is being considered and reviewed in

support of the Google Nexus software update.   Please visit our website

www.sprint.com/support to check for any new software releases that are

available for your device.

If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to reply

directly to this e-mail and include a contact number or your account

information. Your business is greatly appreciated and thank you for

contacting Dan@Sprint.com.

Sincerely,

Dan@Sprint.com Team

• Like 10

I said it earlier this week and I still think another carrier is complaining about some insignificant "bug" to Google and intentionally holding up this update. Specifically to keep the Spark enhancements away from Sprint users.

They have succeeded.