Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Let's all just take a breather here. Honestly, we have been dealing with no spark for a long time and they pushed updates to fix the camera independently of a full system update. It will come soon. If it never comes then file a class action lawsuit if you are that upset about it. My guess is sprint will be forced to let people out of contracts and take returns on N5s if spark never comes. I am just as annoyed by the delays but all this complaining here won't do anything. Email dan@sprint if you want to complain about the delays.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Honestly complain about no Update to Sprint/Google. Not that sprint can do anything, but I just hate seeing it even though it was promised, and they haven't been able to follow through. There is plenty of good reason. To anyone who is complaining, would you rather have more reliable spark, and a less reliable phone, or a reliable phone, with the current work arounds such as .17, and .23. 

Wishful thinking but I'm crossing my fingers that an update with a new build number is announced by Monday.

As I said, file a class action lawsuit if it's that big of a deal. Don't get me wrong, I am just as upset by the delay but if you want to try to influence expedience of the update complain to sprint. They are the only ones who would have any hope of speeding up the process. And even that's doubtful. It's Google... They will do things on their terms.

I don't know where you guys are getting that the phone is advertised as supporting spark. The sprint webpage states "SprintSpark™ (Support coming soon, via update)". It doesn't say it currently has spark. Also, nothing was promised by the end of the first quarter.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I don't know where you guys are getting that the phone is advertised as supporting spark. The sprint webpage states "SprintSpark™ (Support coming soon, via update)". It doesn't say it currently has spark. Also, nothing was promised by the end of the first quarter.

Nexus 5 by LG is the first Android™ 4.4, KitKat, smartphone capable of using the tri-band Sprint 4G LTE2 network. Sprint Spark is a unique combination of network technologies, spectrum, capacity and tri-band devices designed to bring customers super-high wireless speeds. Nexus 5 will become tri-band enabled with a software update in early 2014.

We're quickly approaching mid 2014. 

• Like 1

Technical question... Call me lazy for not digging through hundreds of pages of this thread. I am running .15 and that seems to hold the LTE signal best but in situations where 3g would offer better speed than fringe LTE it hangs onto the LTE connection. What's the experience difference between .17 and .23 with the workarounds? I've had problems in FT Wayne, IN a basically fully 3g upgraded and almost all LTE upgraded market with holding the LTE in transition from tower to tower. This doesn't happen on .15. Will .17 give me the holding onto LTE on transition of .15 with the desire to grab LTE in the first place of .15? Feel free to ask for more clarification if I haven't explained myself well.

We're quickly approaching mid 2014.

The problem is unexpected setbacks, especially when having to make sure the changes for spark don't negatively impact operation on other carriers. It's difficult for software developers to meet an ETA sometimes.

Technical question... Call me lazy for not digging through hundreds of pages of this thread. I am running .15 and that seems to hold the LTE signal best but in situations where 3g would offer better speed than fringe LTE it hangs onto the LTE connection. What's the experience difference between .17 and .23 with the workarounds? I've had problems in FT Wayne, IN a basically fully 3g upgraded and almost all LTE upgraded market with holding the LTE in transition from tower to tower. This doesn't happen on .15. Will .17 give me the holding onto LTE on transition of .15 with the desire to grab LTE in the first place of .15? Feel free to ask for more clarification if I haven't explained myself well.

.15 i sknown to get LTE connections from Towers with out csfb. .17 I would say would give a better experience than .23. If .15 is working fine, like no missed phone calls/text, then .15 would be optimal.

.15 i sknown to get LTE connections from Towers with out csfb. .17 I would say would give a better experience than .23. If .15 is working fine, like no missed phone calls/text, then .15 would be optimal.

Ok. Thanks for the info. As for the balance between optimizing speed with fringe LTE vs 3g any idea about .17?

Ok. Thanks for the info. As for the balance between optimizing speed with fringe LTE vs 3g any idea about .17?

Honestly .15 and .17 share the same quality regarding fringe in my opinion. .15 will just hang onto those connections, but if you know you are in fringe area, I suggest going onto 3g if LTE is unusable. But .15 usually kicked me off LTE once It got to -115 to -120, which is where it became unusable for me.

As I said, file a class action lawsuit if it's that big of a deal. Don't get me wrong, I am just as upset by the delay but if you want to try to influence expedience of the update complain to sprint. They are the only ones who would have any hope of speeding up the process. And even that's doubtful. It's Google... They will do things on their terms.

Minor point, but you actually won't be able to file a class action (assuming you've signed/renewed a contract in the last couple of years) because there's a "MANDATORY ARBITRATION Provision and CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISION set forth in the Ts and Cs."

Personally, I don't see what everyone is freaking out about - it's a relatively minor update, and Spark is only available in a handful of markets, but then again S4GRU does attract the ultra-diehards...

• Like 2

Minor point, but you actually won't be able to file a class action (assuming you've signed/renewed a contract in the last couple of years) because there's a "MANDATORY ARBITRATION Provision and CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISION set forth in the Ts and Cs."

Personally, I don't see what everyone is freaking out about - it's a relatively minor update, and Spark is only available in a handful of markets, but then again S4GRU does attract the ultra-diehards...

If you are paying a phone over Easy pay Does it still have that clause? Or is it in the TOS you accept when starting service? I Don't think a Class action lawsuit would work, but sprint might just settle to avoid the chance it cost them more. But highly doubtful it would/could happen

If you are paying a phone over Easy pay Does it still have that clause? Or is it in the TOS you accept when starting service? I Don't think a Class action lawsuit would work, but sprint might just settle to avoid the chance it cost them more. But highly doubtful it would/could happen

Pretty much every and all services offered by Sprint, including Easy Pay, make you agree to those terms of service, which say, among other things,

Instead of suing in court, you and Sprint agree to arbitrate all Disputes (as defined below) on an individual, non-representative, basis. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and Sprint are waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action or representative action. This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted.

[Emphasis added]

As an alternative, you could apparently take them to small claims court...

As an alternative to arbitration, we may resolve Disputes in small claims court in the county of your most recent billing address.

So basically it will never even reach the point where they'd feel the need to settle rather than incur serious costs. Every company in America is doing this, following AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion. Today, the NYT even broke the story of General Mills, of all companies, attempting to do this just by joining their online communities.

Again, I don't think this update issue is anything more than a minor inconvenience, but it's worth knowing what you've agreed to in the T&Cs.

Edited by Nrbelex

Whoa! Let's put the pitchforks down. I know conspiracy theories are more fun but maybe they actually found a show stopper? I am sure it won't be much longer...

• Like 1

Class action lawsuit is a bit too dramatic for me.  As much as I'm hoping for the update, I'm in no way upset at Sprint or Google.  I would have bought the phone either way.

• Like 3

Heck, I am still waiting on B25, let alone B26 or B41.... I am sure the N5 will get the update before I see any LTE around here. :cry:

On the Website it says spark coming soon via update. Everyone should know issues arise especially if an update is required for certain features. Plus I am sure Tmobile is throwing a fit to google, and claiming issues on their end. causing them to further investigate. If google is letting Another carrier stop an update, than I am sure they could find a way to push it only to Phones with Sprint sims in it.

Ok, so I've seen this bandied about in a number of places, but not a trace of anything even resembling a reason why.  Did I miss something, or are people just hating on T-Mobile to hate on T-Mobile?

• Like 1

Ok, so I've seen this bandied about in a number of places, but not a trace of anything even resembling a reason why. Did I miss something, or are people just hating on T-Mobile to hate on T-Mobile?

Cause T-Mobile, nuff said :P.

• Like 1

Ok, so I've seen this bandied about in a number of places, but not a trace of anything even resembling a reason why.  Did I miss something, or are people just hating on T-Mobile to hate on T-Mobile?

Because Tmobile (legere) likes to act like Immature, and would claim anything to try and get an upper hand on someone else. Look at Their 96% coverage ad, telling Verizon to fold their map up, when they are comparing Verizon LTe coverage to Tmobile's Lacking coverage which is mostly edge/Gprs. Comparing lemons, to potatoes. So since tmobile Sells the N5, they could claim an update is hindering their performance so it would cause Google to have to Delay the Update, which would Give a better Spark Experience to n5 users on Sprint. I wouldn't put it past them. 

I can tell you that there are 2 problems (just that I know of), 1 being pretty significant with the update. It was pulled and will be released when it's ready. Hang tight.

For the sake of quelling the masses with the pitchforks... Care to elaborate?

N5 is essentially dual-band right now since it works fine with B26. No different than the 5s, except it has the potential to work fine with B41 as soon as the update happens.

Did I miss something... when did the Nexus 5 have access to B26 without the Spark update? I believe the Nexus 5 has access to 800 CDMA.

• Like 1