Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Remember guys, be patient. Sprint also jumped the gun a bit with KOT49H:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/12/09/sprint-says-the-nexus-5-is-getting-an-update-to-kot49h-today-but-what-happened-to-kot49e/

[About KOT49H] This is the first we've heard about this new build number, and it's possible Sprint is just mistaken. However, maybe Google found something amiss and grabbed a newer build to push out. We've reached out to Sprint and will update if we hear back.

Update: Sprint's community moderator has told us that KOT49E was pulled

Update 2: It's Android 4.4.2 and it's coming to all Nexus devices. So the last build wasn't really pulled, it's just being updated.

Essentially, it looks like Sprint just likes to one-up Google by posting the update details before Google even makes it available.

• Like 1

Sprint To Enable B46 && 21

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/14/android-4-4-3-build-ktu48f-for-the-nexus-5-should-start-rolling-out-today-according-to-sprint/

For those of us with the Google Play Edition, will the Google OTA include the band activations too, or would I need to do a profile update?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/14/android-4-4-3-build-ktu48f-for-the-nexus-5-should-start-rolling-out-today-according-to-sprint/

For those of us with the Google Play Edition, will the Google OTA include the band activations too, or would I need to do a profile update?

have you been under a rock all day?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Network set my phone back an hour...

Many of us have been experiencing this since the DST change.. some sites are apparently not set correctly. Uncheck Settings > Date & time > Automatic time zone and you will not have the issue; that does not affect time sync, just time zone settings. Or, toggle airplane mode briefly and it will probably correct itself.

-Mike

• Like 1

Its a waiting game. You can always click check update. All Nexus 5's are the same.

Sent from my thingamabob

It's all the same. Profile update doesn't do anything.

Sent from my Nexus 5

To be clear...will this update squash the LTE connectivity issues as well? I'm in a market that is nearly totally 3G NV and LTE 1900 complete so I don't get my phone's inability to maintain an LTE connection. I'm extremely frustrated and am hoping the Spark update ends all this.

To be clear...will this update squash the LTE connectivity issues as well? I'm in a market that is nearly totally 3G NV and LTE 1900 complete so I don't get my phone's inability to maintain an LTE connection. I'm extremely frustrated and am hoping the Spark update ends all this.

I think it's too early to know if that will happen. As you may know, there have been a few radio variants for the n5. Each seems to perform differently with holding into an lte connection. Let's hope the new radio will work well across the board.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You have trouble staying connected with an N5? That's a new one. I don't think I've heard anyone. Anyone. Complain about connectivity issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Many of us have been experiencing this since the DST change.. some sites are apparently not set correctly. Uncheck Settings > Date & time > Automatic time zone and you will not have the issue; that does not affect time sync, just time zone settings. Or, toggle airplane mode briefly and it will probably correct itself.

-Mike

I set it to manual timezone for now. When I get back to the cell at home it would likely fix itself but I don't want to oversleep. Its my alarm clock.

Sent from Nexus 5

You have trouble staying connected with an N5? That's a new one. I don't think I've heard anyone. Anyone. Complain about connectivity issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Dude, it's completely maddening. Once in a while I'll get a fleeting flash of LTE but as I said in another post, my 3G speeds are pretty f-ing Gucci. And..yes..I just had to say that. I do live in Atlanta after all!

I had a similar problem, and became a sponsor.  Turns out the cell tower right by my house is literally one of the only towers out of 500 in my city to not have network vision, causing eCFSB issues.

One more thing...my gs4 got a strong LTE signal all over the metro area. So I don't get why my n5 can't get LTE in the exact same places.

You have to have a bad phone. I heard someone else that had the same issue.

• Like 1

Oh I'm a sponsor. Premier in fact. But this entire city is very much finished with respect to 3G and b25 LTE. I'm just blown away because everyone talks up this phone's RF performance and my experience runs quite contrary to popular experience

Oh I'm a sponsor. Premier in fact. But this entire city is very much finished with respect to 3G and b25 LTE. I'm just blown away because everyone talks up this phone's RF performance and my experience runs quite contrary to popular experience

Like digiblur posted immediately above your response, you have a bad phone...

• Like 2

The only explanation is a bad phone. A staff member has an N5 in Atlanta and it works perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3