Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I just read this article that states April 21st it begins

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/548511/20140417/nexus-5-4-7-android-3-kitkat.htm#.U0-w6cso4m8

That article just regurgitates everything else flying around. First of all, it cites the Android Police report, which just cites Sprint's "it will start on 4/14 and be done by 4/21" statement. And the IBT article claims that Sprint has already "silently slipped" 4.4.3 to its customers. Back-to-back contradictory sentences.

I personally find IBT articles to either be completely baseless and rumor-provoking, or just a reprint of another site's article, often with some misinterpretations thrown in.

I want the N5 update, but poorly-written articles aren't going to change the facts. Sprint expected Google to start rolling it out on Monday, and it does not appear to have started yet. That's really all we know about the schedule.

-Mike

• Like 4

Officially past googles self quoted markers of 24-48 hours and 1%.

Were actually closer to 72 hours if Monday morning was actually correct. What was the next threshold? 10% ? That way more than enough XDA/nerdy N5 owners to share the ota URL.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Go into the play store, go to the top left menu, go to settings, go to Auto-update apps, click "Do not auto-update apps". That value is set to "Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only" by default.

This is a very good idea, since it allows you to view any new permissions apps need. I haven't updated Facebook for about 3 months now because the newer versions want access to your dialer and text messages.

This is a very good idea, since it allows you to view any new permissions apps need. I haven't updated Facebook for about 3 months now because the newer versions want access to your dialer and text messages.

it doesn't auto update apps that have new permissions, just the ones that keep the same permissions.  The others it gives you a notification that certain apps are waiting to be updated.

• Like 1

Officially past googles self quoted markers of 24-48 hours and 1%.

Were actually closer to 72 hours if Monday morning was actually correct. What was the next threshold? 10% ? That way more than enough XDA/nerdy N5 owners to share the ota URL.

Google would have posted the system image on their website if it had started rolling it out, even to the first 1%. That has not happened yet, and no users have confirmed receipt of an OTA on XDA/Twitter/etc, so it looks like it hasn't started at all yet.

What day does google start rollouts usually?  Monday?

Individual app updates usually come out on Wednesday. System/Android updates have not seemed to be specific to a day of the week.

-Mike

That would be nice, but I've always thought it made more sense to roll things out early in the week, in case there are issues with it.  I know that doesn't matter TOO much, but it's always seemed (at least in my head) to be the most prudent course of action.

Hoping I'm wrong, and the two of you above me are right.  :D

Pulling an update involves flipping a switch. Now patching a bad update can take any length of time.

I've always though it would be a good idea to roll the update out first to people who have enabled developer settings.

Very easy to implement but prob would never happen .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Still here

Really?  It was there earlier today but now it isn't showing the update for me.  It says the current version is KRT49H. 

I know that the important update is the google factory image page.  I just thought it might be a sign that sprint finally heard something from Google about the delay.  

Really?  It was there earlier today but now it isn't showing the update for me.  It says the current version is KRT49H. 

I know that the important update is the google factory image page.  I just thought it might be a sign that sprint finally heard something from Google about the delay.  

Looks like the page was just refreshed. It has been pulled. You're right.

First time I looked it was still there.

• Like 1

Looks like the page was just refreshed. It has been pulled. You're right.

First time I looked it was still there.

Ditto, and I had refreshed it a few times just in case. Must have multiple servers and it took awhile. It's still a typo anyway, the current version is KOT49H, not KRT49H.

-Mike

Every time I see a huge amount of notifications for new posts in this thread in a short amount of time I get excited that a download link was posted.....and then it isnt.  Keeping me on my toes!

• Like 1

Well, that's a bummer. I would guess we are looking at the end of April, based on the "dogfooding" report of a week ago.

At least we can be fairly confident now that the Spark update will be included in 4.4.3. 

I think this is all Adam G's fault. Dan made him a promise that it would be released on Monday, and he had to follow through, even though it wasn't his promise to make, but Google's!

• Like 2