Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I have tried changing my settings, seems like the voice doesn't get any better....I don't know what is going on. Opening a ticket with Sprint.

Does it do it only in one location or in multiple locations from different sites? How about any other device?

So is there a mutual agreement about band priority or not :)  Just wondering what is the best setup?  Thanks fellas!

In Bondurant it isn't really going to matter right now. Enjoy the band 25 from the accepted site. I'd be tempted to set band 26 as highest temporarily on the extremely off chance you pick up an 800 signal.

No, the Radio Config as in RC.

SO, yes. RC, no. From my recollection going back about 10 years, RC is a Samsung "enginerring" feature.

AJ

Do you think this phone would be worth jumping from the galaxy s4 too? Seems like a good phone, just have bad experience with bad RF performance with the Galaxy Nexus and nexus 4

The only thing I'm worried about is the battery.The last thing I need is  a dead phone after 5 to 7 hours.I stay outside a lot some times 

one guy on engadget.com said his phone went flat after 5 hours .he said something about giving the phone 3 more batter cycles and post back

http://fyre.it/H6a8tM.4

I know few reviews are not enough ,but I have the feeling the battery is going to be the main negative 

At this point I read mixed reviews on the Nexus 5 battery life.  Some tech reviewers say the battery is mediocre and some say it is alright.  I haven't read a tech review that said the battery is great though.  Some people in forums like XDA say it has been great and some say its just meh.  I don't know who to believe any more. 

I guess if it turns out the battery is just meh on the Nexus 5 then you have to ask yourself what is most important, the battery life or pure stock Android.  To me battery life is more important coming from the Photon 4G which had horrible battery life.  So for me I got the LG G2 since its got high end specs and with community dev support for the G2, they should have CM, AOSP, other custom ROMs if I really want that vanilla flavor of Android. 

Sure it will take a bit longer to get the latest version of Android than a Nexus device but I am not always in a rush to get the latest and greatest since Android versions tend to have bugs in the first iteration of the software, hence the 4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x versions of Jelly Bean.  I have no doubts that KitKat will have Android version 4.4.x versions very soon to patch up some bugs that did not make it to final release of 4.4.

Got my phone but Sim card is still 2 days away. I'm sad.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No phone, no sim card, and no shipping info. Yay for sprint pre-order.

Sent from my SPH-D710

• Like 2

I got my white 32 GB activated this morning online via chat with Sprint. I used the sim from my wife's broken S4.

At first, I got an error saying the network didn't connect in time and that the sim card was locked. I could make calls, but no data worked. I thought I was going to have to get a new sim, but I waited an hour or so and tried a restart, and everything worked.

I was able to pick up LTE in the middle of a Meier supermarket while my wife's HTC One didn't, so I'm happy with that.

• Like 1

No phone, no sim card, and no shipping info. Yay for sprint pre-order.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Google isn't any better, from my view. I ordered 57 minutes after launch, I'm still sitting on a "Leaves warehouse on Nov. 5" and "Pending"

At this point I read mixed reviews on the Nexus 5 battery life. Some tech reviewers say the battery is mediocre and some say it is alright. I haven't read a tech review that said the battery is great though. Some people in forums like XDA say it has been great and some say its just meh. I don't know who to believe any more.

People who want or need a mega battery should not get the N5. Battery life seems on par with flagship devices from last year or even slightly better.

The Nexus 5 doesn't have the battery life of the big battery flagships of 2013. It just doesn't. It will be adequate for 80% of smartphone users. But people who just sit there and fart with their device all darn day with no access to a charger should not get the N5. This device is not for those people.

Coming from an OG Photon, you should be blown away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

People who want or need a mega battery should not get the N5. Battery life seems on par with flagship devices from last year or even slightly better.

The Nexus 5 doesn't have the battery life of the big battery flagships of 2013. It just doesn't. It will be adequate for 80% of smartphone users. But people who just sit there and fart with their device all darn day with no access to a charger should not get the N5. This device is not for those people.

Coming from an OG Photon, you should be blown away.

Anything coming from the OG Photon and Wimax phone is a huge improvement.  For me the LG G2 would be almost double the battery size of the OG Photon.

Just received this response from an online chat about LTE and Google Play phones:

Carter K: Officially the phone will be launched on Sprint network effective 8th of November. Once the device is launched directly through us, all the services of this phone customer will start getting, and the Google Play purchased customer too. So on the 8th of November your Google phone will also start catching the constant LTE signals like your previous phone.

Not sure if this is true, but not much I can do I suppose?

hello all.. im getting my nexus tomarrow... i have the sim in my sprint s4 now.. and i also have the sim they sent to me.. which one should i try and use in my nexus?? im getting the black 32 gig.. i read people can activate them now but NO LTE!! ?? :( that stinks.. so should i call sprint to activate my phone tomarrow or should i try online?? thanks guys

My LTE just started working on my black 32gb!

How's the signal strength in signal check pro compared to what you're used to?

Did you do anything in particular? I just received the above response about mine not working.

Maybe it takes a while for these to get added for some reason? I am at home and no LTE here now (have to have an airrave even). But right up the street is some. But I can confirm I activated mine at home at lunch, drove to work, no LTE on the drive, no LTE at work, no LTE on the drive home after countless reboots and airplane toggles. Here's to hoping it works in the morning!