Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Saw that the charge fell off on my credit card for the order(3-4 weeks originally, now 2-3). Called them to make sure that everything was still kosher. She told me that the ship date that they have in their system for me is November 26 and that everything is fine.

• Like 3

Has anyone been able to get LTE on a 32GB Black? 

I got it activated no problem, but have been in known LTE areas where my EVO 4GLTE would pick up strong LTE quickly and have not gotten anything on the N5. After a reboot or airplane toggle, the LTE logo flashes on the signal bars and then the phone goes back down to eHRPD. Not sure if this is a graphical glitch or if it is having trouble authenticating ?

More MEID issues? Issues with my SIM? Any ideas?

i am having problems too

Did you do anything in particular? I just received the above response about mine not working.

I'm out playing ingress. My 1x signal dropped to a really low level and somehow the LTE started working. Now that I have a good signal again the LTE won't work. WTF!

uploadfromtaptalk1383701903042.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Problems all around. My phone defaults to 1x voice all the time. I have only been connected to 800 once since I have activated. Everything else is working great, even went to 7-11 to buy a slurpee and test my tap and pay. :D

NnPkdZZl.png

I am thinking a PRL update is needed for this phone bad. I hope this comes with the Sprint Official Launch.

For people who have activated the phone on Sprint with their uSIM card successfully, what happens when you put in another company's uSIM card such as T-Mobile or AT&T ?

Does it successfully work on the other carrier's network?

What happens with no uSIM, does it work with Sprint's network, or none at all?

for those of you that are "out and about" and don't have access to a cigarette lighter or AC outlet, keep in mind you can pick up one of these or something similar.  you can get 3+ full charges on a dead battery when you are out in BFE

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10831&cs_id=1083110&p_id=10392&seq=1&format=2

• Like 2

Went the international chat route and have a SIM (UICC) card being shipped for free in 3-5 days.  Hopefully.  We will see if it actually comes.  I could use the SIM from my Note 3, right?  I tried to activate when I got the phone yesterday by popping the Note 3 SIM in but I got some errors.  I also didnt know to leave the last digit off the IMEI so that might have contributed to the struggles.

I can't help to feel jealous of you guys getting the Nexus 5 early :P I probably won't get mine till December. But I'll be in Denver by then so I'll probably test some LTE 2500 myself while I'm there. Is LTE 2500 already enabled on the N5 or do we need to wait for an update to enable that? 

• Like 1

Problems all around. My phone defaults to 1x voice all the time. I have only been connected to 800 once since I have activated. Everything else is working great, even went to 7-11 to buy a slurpee and test my tap and pay. :D

I am thinking a PRL update is needed for this phone bad. I hope this comes with the Sprint Official Launch.

Looks like you are on a call? This phone has no SVDO or SVLTE so data will always drop while on a call.

What PRL is on it now?

Looks like you are on a call? This phone has no SVDO or SVLTE so data will always drop while on a call.

Data is not what Im concerned with, its the fact that I'm next to an 800 voice site and only getting 1x.

What PRL is on it now?

Data is not what Im concerned with, its the fact that I'm next to an 800 voice site and only getting 1x.

LTE scans enabled in all GEOs on that PRL and 800smr enabled on a scan first basis same priority in the majority of the areas.

• Like 1

Looks like we're not out of the woods yet  :td:

Has anyone with a 32GB white OR black successfully gotten LTE?

Yes, mine worked fine and gets LTE.  32GB Black.  I used my SIM from and S4.  I am getting very nice speeds with it also, I am not sure which band I am on yet. 

LTE scans enabled in all GEOs on that PRL and 800smr enabled on a scan first basis same priority in the majority of the areas.

Maybe they're finally upgrading the tower down the street from my apartment...

got mine (32g/white) activated no problem at the local readynow/repair store an hour or so ago, they had the new sims (didn't say how many they had), punched it out of the card and activated it on my account, rebooted phone and it went through activation right away.

Let us just say that spelling is not a high "proirity" in the "enginerring" department.

:P

AJ

It never is!

I know over 16 languages, C, C++, Lua, Java, C#, JavaScript, PHP, but English is by far my worst! :P

• Like 5

Even with no SIM yet to enable the Sprint specific dialer codes, I have managed to add home screen shortcuts to Debug and Testing APKs.  I can now access the engineering screens and cellular radio selection menu without going through the dialer, meaning that I can access them at one touch, even while in call -- an important factor for CDMA1X voice network diagnostics.

2i9m5b6.png

I am the exalted potentate, the king of the wireless network nerds!

AJ

• Like 14

Even with no SIM yet to enable the Sprint specific dialer codes, I have managed to add home screen shortcuts to Debug and Testing APKs.  I can now access the engineering screens and cellular radio selection menu without going through the dialer, meaning that I can access them at one touch, even while in call -- an important factor for CDMA1X voice network diagnostics.

I am the exalted potentate, the king of the wireless network nerds!

AJ

How do you add the Debug and Testing shortcuts?

For people who have activated the phone on Sprint with their uSIM card successfully, what happens when you put in another company's uSIM card such as T-Mobile or AT&T ?

Does it successfully work on the other carrier's network?

What happens with no uSIM, does it work with Sprint's network, or none at all?

I want the phone to be on Sprint if I have an AT&T or T-Mobile SIM inserted, like a regular GSM phone, and operate on Sprint if there is a Sprint SIM inserted.

I am the exalted potentate, the king of the wireless network nerds! AJ

Personally, I would have taken the time to first replace that stock wallpaper. It looks like Ronald McDonald ate a box of crayons and vomited Crayola stew all over your phone.

• Like 2

Personally, I would have taken the time to first replace that stock wallpaper. It looks like Ronald McDonald ate a box of crayons and vomited Crayola stew all over your phone.

Yes, just for you, The Dave, here is a version with a clichéd mountain peak at sunrise.

2iqhgjr.png

It is so inspirational...

;)

AJ

• Like 5