Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I dropped my phone (almost had a panic attack) and visually nothing happened. However, I just picked it up to make a phone call and when I put it against my ear I tapped it on the top of the backplate with my finger and I could hear some plastic rattle sound (which doesn't happen if I tap it on the bottom of the backplate). I'm afraid I broke off something on the inside? Or maybe I'm just paranoid after having dropped it... Could anyone confirm if tapping on the top of the backplate (while near the ear, otherwise can't hear) produces some type of plastic rattle sound?

Exact reason I ordered a case without really knowing what I'm getting. Any case is better than no case. Hope everything is OK with your device. I still haven't taken off the Nexus 5 screen protector that ships on the phone...lol

Got mine activated! 32GB black. Had to try updating the profile a couple times before the data started working. It let me enable all the LTE bands, now to go see if I can find a B41 site in the city.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

*#*#debug#*#* enter SPRINT(33284) if prompted

Got it, look up. I live in a terrible area for LTE, we are the last place in Northern Illinois to get LTE. I will checkt out TD-LTE when I am in Carol Stream tomorrow. There should be people that can beat me to it....

that was easy..told them i need sim cards and they seem to know...i asked:

Hi,  

I need 2 UICC/SIM/ICCID cards for the Galaxy Nexus 5  32gb purchased through directly through Google Play Store. 2 lines on this account will be using this device but we need the card to activate.

Sprint Rep.: Hi, my name is Sprint Rep.. Thank you for your chat request. Please wait while I review your information.
Me: Hi Carline
Sprint Rep.: Hello Me, How are you doing today ?  Thank you for waiting I will be glad to help you order this sim card
Sprint Rep.: thank you , will the sim card be shipped to  the address on file ? xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Me: I need 2 sim cards
Me: is there a charge for this?
Sprint Rep.: No , I will need to do two separate orders ,  which other line on your account will have the Nexus 5?
Me: xxx-xxx-74xxxx
Sprint Rep.: thank you
Me: we haven't recieved our devices yet from google
Sprint Rep.: Ok   once you receive the device an sim cards you will contact sprint to have the device activated For the shipping of the sim card would you like , 3-5 business days to ship which will be free?  Or over night for $$12.95 which will be billed to the account  ?
Me: please do overnight shipping. both sim cards will be part of 1 order correct?
Sprint Rep.: No Im  sorry I will need to place in to separate orders for the lines it will be ordered for  
Sprint Rep.: two separate orders
Me: okay thats fine
Me: can you send the confirmation email to my email and blah@blah.com ?
Sprint Rep.: Ok one moment please i will have your order numbers for you soon  
Sprint Rep.: Yes i will one moment PLease
Sprint Rep.: Also Sprint does offer a buy back program which I will be sending you the kit and informational for . Sprint basically  will offer you money towards your account for your old device  if you choose to send the device back in the future . Information can be found on sprint.com/buyback
Me: great thanks
Sprint Rep.: your welcome  
Me: what would be the process for activating the phone once i get the sim?
Sprint Rep.: You would contact sprint once the sim card is in the device and we would activate using your MEID number in the device which the person who is activate will show you how to find this number , the activation should be 10 minutes or less
Me: ok sounds good
Me: so is the sim card unique for the nexus 5?
Sprint Rep.: You are all set , both sim cards have been ordered for overnight as requested  your order numbers are AAAAAAA and  BBBBBBBBBB
Sprint Rep.: Yes correct the sim will only fit in the NExus
Me: thank you. please send email confirmations also
Sprint Rep.: Yes i will is there anything else I can assist you with for today ?
Me: no thank you
Sprint Rep.: Ok, It has been my pleasure to assist you today  and  Thank you for choosing Sprint. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Have a wonderful day.
Me: you too !
Sprint Rep.: thank you
Sprint Rep. has disconnected.

• Like 3

Can anyone that uses the $30 prepaid for T-Mobile answer a question for me please?

How does it work? It lasts 30 days from when you activate it? Or it only counts in use days?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes,  blame the messenger and not the source of the incorrect information...  :rolleyes:

Lose the sarcasm.  It is poor journalism, bar none, because the writer cited only one, unreliable source.  The writer seemed more concerned with furthering an agenda than confirming correct information.

AJ

• Like 4

I politely corrected both authors. My comments were removed. EDIT: They were gone for a while, now one is back. ... Confused!

No comment there just now except the quoted author stroking the quoting author. Seems like some editing occurring. They have no interest in getting the right info out. They just have a preconfigured narrative they want to support. Just makes them look like idiots.

• Like 2

Yes, blame the messenger and not the source of the incorrect information... :rolleyes:

The problem here is they have been given the correct info now, and they are trying to silence them. Because this is more about saying Sprint is bad than reporting info.

• Like 2

I enabled with my MSL number. :D

Priority is messed up, only options are 0 or 1...

Posted Image

**** YOU NEED YOUR MSL NUMBER TO EDIT THIS SCREEN ****

Well i guess they managed to mispell "priority" again just like they did with the g2.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 4

I dropped my phone (almost had a panic attack) and visually nothing happened. However, I just picked it up to make a phone call and when I put it against my ear I tapped it on the top of the backplate with my finger and I could hear some plastic rattle sound (which doesn't happen if I tap it on the bottom of the backplate). I'm afraid I broke off something on the inside? Or maybe I'm just paranoid after having dropped it... Could anyone confirm if tapping on the top of the backplate (while near the ear, otherwise can't hear) produces some type of plastic rattle sound?

I think I hear the ever slightest of a rattle on mine when I do that.

I just read that the 32gb N5 will not be allowed on TEP at Sprint.  What are people doing for insurance? None?

Where did you read this, can you provide the source/link?  This afternoon, Sprint Care, via Chat told me what only the 16GB could get TEP.  This is disappointing to me as I usually carry TEP just for peace of mind.

I was able to activate my 32GB black device using the SIM from my S4.  I put the SIM in and called customer service, gave them my id minus the last digit.  They updated my settings.  I had to go update PRL and then update profile and everything worked great.  

• Like 1

Can anyone that uses the $30 prepaid for T-Mobile answer a question for me please?

How does it work? It lasts 30 days from when you activate it? Or it only counts in use days?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

30 days, consecutively. After 30 days, you will be disconnected if you don't add another $30 + tax to your account. Even if you don't use it at all.

• Like 1

Not sure if it is true or not but in a pretty good exchange with Sprint's Twitter account, Sprint says that Google shipped the phones quicker than they were prepared for. The Google shipments were supposed to start arriving to customers on the 8th coinciding with Sprint's release and by that time the store would have proper inventory and knowledge of the SIM card procedure. I have no way to know if that is true but it seems entirely plausible given what has happened this week. The date certainly matches the leaked internal memo posted here about activating the unlocked phones from Google Play.

Well i guess they managed to mispell "priority" again just like they did with the g2.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

...lol.  I didn't realize it was on the G2 as well, but that obsessive part of me zeroed in on it in the screen shot right away.