Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

LTE scans enabled in all GEOs on that PRL and 800smr enabled on a scan first basis same priority in the majority of the areas.

LTE scans enabled for all three bands with that PRL?

My SIM won't be here until tomorrow.. Can someone tell me if there's an option to force verizon roaming in the settings?

How do you add the Debug and Testing shortcuts?

I use an app called QuickShortcutMaker. If it is similar to the Galaxy Nexus just open up the app and search for the word hidden and a list of hidden menus will pop up. Select which one you want. It will give you an option to try it first to make sure it works and is the right menu. You can then rename it to whatever you want.

• Like 1

Had a customer come into my work today with a Nexus 5, I can't wait till I get mine. So all I have to do is buy a Sim card from my work and activate the phone through chat and it should work now? I ordered the 32gb model and I have a stack of Sims at my work and the one I'm using in my S4. The Sim is $3.65 with my discount.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Ahhh lets get some signal strength comparisons up! That's where the magic is at!

I'm going to see if I can scrounge up the cash to get one of these bad boys. Would like a good RF performer to replace my EVO LTE.

AT&T vs Sprint in my house.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q=94130

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1383715597374.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1383715614587.jpg

• Like 1

I finally got mine activated through chat and seem to have no problems connecting to LTE.  I have not been out and about so I will report on that tomorrow.  I have not looked at the engineering screens because I spent some hours trying to unlock the bootloader without success.  I can't install the google USB drivers for some reason.  Anyone else have this problem?

32GB black

Had a customer come into my work today with a Nexus 5, I can't wait till I get mine. So all I have to do is buy a Sim card from my work and activate the phone through chat and it should work now? I ordered the 32gb model and I have a stack of Sims at my work and the one I'm using in my S4. The Sim is $3.65 with my discount.

You don't need to pay for a sim. The sim is free from Sprint. 

You don't need to pay for a sim. The sim is free from Sprint.

I will just buy one. It will cost that much in gas to drive to get one I work all the time so I can get one there.

I finally got mine activated through chat and seem to have no problems connecting to LTE.  I have not been out and about so I will report on that tomorrow.  I have not looked at the engineering screens because I spent some hours trying to unlock the bootloader without success.  I can't install the google USB drivers for some reason.  Anyone else have this problem?

32GB black

The drivers are included in the android SDK: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

The drivers are included in the android SDK: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

I know I went through all of that.  Apparently the N5 drivers are not included right now, I found some others who were having the same problem.  I went into device manager and tried updating manually and windows said nope.

Is signal check working for everyone else?  Mines saying 'no connection' for everything but LTE.

edit:  nevermind - I just saw this was mentioned way back.  Thanks.

Edited by mrjeff

Is signal check working for everyone else?  Mines saying 'no connection' for everything but LTE.

For the brief moment LTE worked for me, it said the same thing. I think it has something to do with the lack of SVLTE support.

I know I went through all of that.  Apparently the N5 drivers are not included right now, I found some others who were having the same problem.  I went into device manager and tried updating manually and windows said nope.

Try installing them without debugging mode on and vice versa. Also, make sure it's connected as a media device and not camera.

For the brief moment LTE worked for me, it said the same thing. I think it has something to do with the lack of SVLTE support.

Same for me. It switches back and forth very quickly before and after calls.

Everyone else able to unlock their bootloaders?

When I plug in USB to my laptop, it does not ask me for my computer's RSA key.  I've tried all sorts of things including manually deleting adb_key, adb kill-server, plugging and unplugging countless times.  I think the problem is the USB driver, device manager says I have no drivers installed for Nexus 5.

Everyone else able to unlock their bootloaders?

When I plug in USB to my laptop, it does not ask me for my computer's RSA key.  I've tried all sorts of things including manually deleting adb_key, adb kill-server, plugging and unplugging countless times.  I think the problem is the USB driver, device manager says I have no drivers installed for Nexus 5.

I had that problem earlier this afternoon.  But once I opened a Terminal window, navigated to the appropriate directory, and typed a valid command, I was then prompted for the RSA key.

AJ

I had that problem earlier this afternoon.  But once I opened a Terminal window, navigated to the appropriate directory, and typed a valid command, I was then prompted for the RSA key.

AJ

By terminal window do you just mean the command prompt?

I use an app called QuickShortcutMaker. If it is similar to the Galaxy Nexus just open up the app and search for the word hidden and a list of hidden menus will pop up. Select which one you want. It will give you an option to try it first to make sure it works and is the right menu. You can then rename it to whatever you want.

Thanks.  I tried this out on my OG Photon and it works great.  Looking forward to doing the same when I get my LG G2.

I ordered two sims and a black 32gb nexus 5. The shipping says it will leave in 2-3 weeks =[ 

Sim won't ship until maybe 8th...

I am jealous of everyone. I was on a flight to Chicago when Google announced the phone! I wish sales went live on Friday instead!