Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I am not sure what you are viewing, on Google Play it is showing "Carriers: T-Mobile, Sprint"

This is on the phone, not Google Play.

32GB Black Activated. But not getting any LTE yet in known LTE areas even after airplane mode toggle and reboot.

I was told "data services may take 2 hours to activate" Does this have to do with LTE? 3G is authenticating fine.

I didn't see anything posted about this... But, has anyone ordered their Nexus 5 through Sprint? If so, have you had any communications saying that it has shipped or shipping? Thank you in advance for any helpful info on this subject...

Ordered from Sprint. Still waiting on shipping info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I went to a sprint store today asking for a micro Sim for my n5 but they're saying it uses a special micro Sim that they don't have yet. Is this true, or can it use any old micro Sim (like one for the iPad)... They say they have 4 different types in stock

I am officially up and running by swapping my HTC one sim into the Nexus 5. If you did what I did they have to detach your previous device from the account or else it wont take... But it does work if you are coming from an S4 or HTC One device with swappable sims, My signal is better than the HTC one which i had continued issues with from from glance from the Signal Check PRO screen

• Like 1

Hey was wondering if the first post in this thread should be edited with step by step instructions on how to activate a Google play N5. This is probably being visited by new comers everyday and a little hard to read the whole post. Or maybe a new wall post.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It appears that the Nexus 5 is now available for pre-order from Sprint.  I can't say that I am not a little disappointed (again.) :

Disappointment #1 : There is only a 16GB variety being offered for Sprint (Why do we keep getting  hamstrung?)

Disappointment # 2 : The price is more expensive than buying the device straight from Google.  This is really no surprise, It appears that Sprint has been charging at least $50 more per device than other carrier for a similar model.  Sprint's price is $449.99 for a 16GB version and no 32GB version.  Google sells the 16GB version for $349.99 and the 32GB for $399.99.

(possible) Disappointment #3 : Is it only Single Band LTE?  

Do we have any Sprint insiders that can give us an idea of what the thought process behind these choices may be?  I know we have not done an Band/Device breakdown on the Nexus 5 for Sprint yet, but maybe AJ will want to create one.

I am haggling a CSR right now to get some info.

Specs Operating system

Android 4.4

Battery information

2300 mAh Embedded Li-Pol

Talk time

Up to 13 hours

Dimensions

5.43" x 2.72" x 0.34"

Display

5" Full HD IPS

Weight

4.6 oz

Processor

2.2 GHz Quad-core processor

Memory

2GB RAM/16GB ROM

Bluetooth profiles

A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, PBAP, HSP, HID, GOEP, SDAP/SDP, OPP, SPP, PAN, Stereo Streaming

Do we have any Sprint insiders that can give us an idea of what the thought process behind these choices may be?  I know we have not done an Band/Device breakdown on the Nexus 5 for Sprint yet, but maybe AJ will want to create one.

John, did you forget?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-351-teaser-is-the-lg-d820-the-nexus-5/

AJ

• Like 1

Should be able to do voice and LTE simultaneously...

Nope.  No SVLTE.

AJ

I was a 2-3 weeker when I ordered, yet it is arriving today.  That's over two weeks early.  Hopefully that will be true for everyone else.

When did you order yours?  I ordered mine at 11:30pm, so I was just curious to when you ordered yours, and when yours came (I got my time of the emailed receipt)

Umm... Sprint Spark device... 

We've known that tri-band aka Spark devices would not have SVDO or SVLTE for quite some time. No surprises there. 

Haven't been following the tri-band news a closely as I should have been. Not like its a huge deal. Just a change from my GS3.